Has anyone done a bicycle tour of Barcelona?

cheffip

Barcelona is a very bike friendly city; not many hills, good weather, some bike lanes, etc. I haven't done this, but it looks like fun. I would not book through the cruiseline, as I'm sure it's less expensive to do it yourself. I would definately go through a tour company and not try to do this on my own (as in just renting a bike). Traffic can be bad, so you would need to be careful there.

My wife and I rented bikes for a few hours this past July. We rented them from the Barcelona tourist info center right in the Colon (Columbus) Monument at the begining of the Las Ramblas down by the port. We rode along the waterfront, through the Parc de La Ciutadella and then followed the bike path up the Passing de Saint Joan. The bike path ended, but we continued up the hill to Parc Guell and the Gaudi statutes. The last couple of blocks were hilly and crowded, so got off the bikes and walked. There was a bike stand near the park, so we were able to lock the bikes up and walk around the park. We then rode down the hill, picked up another bike path and rode right by the Sagrada Familia. From there we followed another path and biked to the Olympic area,La barceloneta and then followed the path along the waterfront back to the Colon Monument. We had a great time.

I was wondering if they have bike tours in late Nov? Going solo so it would be fun to meet up w/others..anyone know? Is there only 1 tourist info. place, they listed in the ad but I couldn't find it on the map.

My wife and I rented bikes for a few hours this past July. We rented them from the Barcelona tourist info center right in the Colon (Columbus) Monument at the begining of the Las Ramblas down by the port. We rode along the waterfront, through the Parc de La Ciutadella and then followed the bike path up the Passing de Saint Joan. The bike path ended, but we continued up the hill to Parc Guell and the Gaudi statutes. The last couple of blocks were hilly and crowded, so got off the bikes and walked. There was a bike stand near the park, so we were able to lock the bikes up and walk around the park. We then rode down the hill, picked up another bike path and rode right by the Sagrada Familia. From there we followed another path and biked to the Olympic area,La barceloneta and then followed the path along the waterfront back to the Colon Monument. We had a great time.

I was wondering if they have bike tours in late Nov? Going solo so it would be fun to meet up w/others..anyone know? Is there only 1 tourist info. place, they listed in the ad but I couldn't find it on the map.

Just google and you'll pull many up:

http://www.biketoursbarcelona.com/

http://www.fattirebiketoursbarcelona.com/

Archived