terrified! if u've been on Los Veranos Canopy Tour, plz take a look at this pic

utopia

pkdof - Just out of curiousity - How old is your son? We'll have our 8-year-old daughter and 17-year-old son with us. You obviously felt everything was very safe, right?

My son and daughter were just a month shy of their 10th birthdays when we did the canopy tour. Rebecca thought nothing of it--that's why she went first in our family. Brian was scared only for the first couple of lines, then he was loving it.

It is very professionally done with safety lines. The guys who work there are terrific, putting you at ease. When you see them zipping back and forth (they move ahead to catch people at the ends of the lines), you realize how easy it is.

• 2 weeks later...

As promised, I said that I would post my review of this excursion when I returned from our wonderful cruise! Here it is.... ready?......IT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This zipline is NOT TO BE MISSED!!!

I too was very anxious about this and thought that I would chicken out but it was FABULOUS. This company is great, a lot of fun, very safety conscious and experienced! We did 14 zips in total each getting a bit faster or longer. I would do this again in a heartbeat! Well worth every dollar! Plus the restaurant at the end is great too.! I recommend buying the video $30 or dvd $40 . they do a great job of filming everyone in your group. Great shots of the zips! So don't worry be happy. The trip from their office to the canopy is very bumpy in a safari like bus but sit on the right side for some breathtaking views of the Puerto Vallarta coastline. The ride up is really great!

Catgirl...sorry I missed you! We had to do the 12:00 tour since our tenders were very slow to get to the pier and we missed the 11:00. The Vision of the seas stole our docking spot :) since they get in at 8 and NCL gets in at 9. Only 1 ship able to dock at a time I guess. I recommend booking the 12:00 tour which is the 11:00 ship time. Cab from pier to office was about 15-20 minutes. Luckily we phoned at the pier to the office to tell them we were still coming and they were able to fit us in on the later tour.

Any questions???? Marilyn

The zips take about an hour and a half to complete. They start and end in the restaurant area,which is very scenic and fun in itself. So this is feasible. There may be a cost to transport the 2 people not taking the zips. Ask when you e-mail them. I think I remember seeing something about it at their office. You definately want to wait at the restaurant and not at the office...30-40 minutes away so that you can meet up with your group right away and like I said before the drive up is gorgeous! Marilyn

I couldn not agree more with marilynbn!!!!!!!! Do not miss this awesome excursion! We did the Canopy tour last Tuesday and not only is the scenery beautiful but the staff had a huge impact on our experience. Rafael and the others (including hunky Angel, the mexican version of Vin-Diesel ) are hilarious, caring, and explain everything very thoroughly. My mother was scared to death of it and once she went on the first zip line, the rest were pieces of cake. They work you up to the highest and longest line by first bringing you through a succession of shorter and less high lines.

The whole excursion is perfect - entertaining, enthralling, and something you will never forget. I highly recommend spending the cash for the video, we bought the DVD and were VERY pleased with it, we've already watched it 4 times! So funny to see my mother yahoo-ing down the lines!

Of Course! They teach you how to break and many people even find that they don't have enough speed to complete the line, in which case you can either pull yourself to the end, or they send one of their goregous staff to go out and "monkey grab" you...only happened once on our trip, and it was very funny to watch!

Just pay attention on how to break..my mom didn't test it out and thought she was going to crash into a tree! The staff wait to help you off every line and they have ample room (including padding) between you and the tree. If you are going too fast and can't break, they have plenty of room and skill to manually slow you down.

I just came back from the Los Veronos Canapy tour last week. If you

all remember I was terrified and was only going because of my boyfriend.

Well, I survived and I'm glad I did it. The first one was pretty scary

because it's all so new but by the time you're on your 4th one or so

you're very comfortable with the whole process. Very thrilling and the

guides were great! After the tour we had lunch and went off the

water slide that is by the restaurant. It would have been more fun if the

water wasn't so cold but that's how it goes. It is a great place to

hang out. We also bought the DVD and thought he did a good job on

getting everyone equal time. I do think the people in front got more

group shots. (I was the last one in our group.) But it's great to show

the people at home what you did.

Marilynbn-- I'm sorry we weren't on the same tour. I asked for you.

I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

After the tour we walked a little bit and found a massage place. My

boyfriend and I each got an hour long (probably longer) for a total

of $50. I think the store was actually part of somebody's house but

that all added to the experience.

If you are having any doubts about this tour I highly recommend it!!

Now I want to go in Costa Rica.

Cat Girl

Ciship-Each port was warm with clear skies. It got cooler as we came back up from Acapulco but still warm. Water was in the 80 degree range according to ship reports. Outside temps were in mid 80's. We only spent some deck sunning time on our at sea day back to LA. It was cool though sunny and VERY windy on deck.

Catgirl- I am glad you liked it and I too want to do the one in Costa Rica that they mentioned! Marilyn :)

The only scary part of the canopy tour is the anticipation. Once you do it, you realize it is not really scary. You don't go that fast, and you have the ability to control your speed. In fact, your initial inclination is to brake heavily so you don't go too fast, but you don't really need to do so, and you will probably find yourself wanting to go faster. I hate roller coasters and the feeling of dropping your stomach. You never even remotely get that feeling. After 3 easy runs, you take a long one over the river, and you are definitely up high then. I closed my eyes on that one, but on all of the next ones I was looking down at the amazing scenery and not feeling scared at all.

Going down the lines is not physically taxing. Some of the pictures make it look like you are holding yourself up with your arms, but you are actually strapped in so that it is more like you are sitting in a chair. You don't need to support your weight at all. You also have your basic strap and a safety strap, so you are not going to fall.

I went with my 8 year old twins, and they were initially scared, but loved it. On two of the runs they were not heavy enough to build up enough momentum themselves, so a guide accompanied them.

Finally, if you get freaked out, you have 2 outs. After the first three runs, which are very easy, you can bail out and walk down, and if you are really freaked, you can have a guide accompany you right on the line.

It is a great experience that you really should try.

There were 5 of us so we rented a van/taxi at $4 per person.It is about a 20 minute ride to the office. After the canopy tour and the ride back to the office we walked from the office into town for some brief shopping along the Malecon. We then took a cab back to the pier for a total of $6 for just the 3 of us. Marilyn

Your reviews have set a fellow scaredy-cat more at ease. =) I really appreciate you gals coming back here to put up your thoughts. I wish there was some way to see the video! I bet it would give a much clearer view than the photos that are on the web.

So, none of you got that terrified (omg, i can't believe i'm up this high) feeling at any of the zips?

Cat Girl, I'm going on Randi's Happy Horses, too! In Feb. What did you think of her and the tour?

Utopia, I never got that feeling. You don't feel like you are falling down. Just gliding across to the next platform. The guys with you are so great and fun, they work VERY hard at what they do and you move along quickly so no time to really think about it. I didn't always look down but instead I looked across to those in my group at the next landing! It was just SO COOL. I really can't say enough about it all. And I am truly afraid of heights and I am NOT a roller coaster person either. You will feel so proud of yourself for doing it! Marilyn :)

Hello! We're trying to book with Sylvie, who asks whether our 9:00 docking time is 'PV time' or 'ship time'. Is there a difference, and, if we want to go first thing in the morning, what time should we reserve, factoring in travel time to their shuttle spot? Thanks so much.

Moondoggie- I would definately book the 12:00 tour. We were slated for the 11:00 tour which is 10:00 ship time. The ship will have to use tenders at this port if there is another ship coming into port ahead of the Star. Anyway, we had to tender in and we did not get to shore until 9:45 ship time or 10:45 PV time. The ship will ALWAYS refer to ship time! So we had 15 minutes to grab a cab at the pier and get to the Los Veranos office which is 20 minutes away for our 11:00 tour. Needless to say we were a few minutes LATE. Luckily they were able to fit our group of 5 into the 12:00 tour. So book the 12:00 tour which is PV time (ship time 11:00). This will give you a buffer. This also means that you should do any shopping before since afterwards you will not have time. I also recommend eating lunch at the restaurant at Los veranos. Very good and scenic place to eat. You will LOVE this day. It was awesome and I would do it again and again if I could! Have a great time. I hope this was all clear. Marilyn :)

Just what I needed to know--thank you! How much did you pay--cash or CC? Where should we tell the cab driver to take us to pick up the shuttle to the Canopy site? Estimated cab fare?

Looking forward to it!

moondoggie

Yes, you must reserve ahead of time since each tour only takes a limited number of people plus if you book on line you get 10% off...be sure to take the print out with you to get the discount. I paid cash for everything in Mexico and I always use CC on vacation..just felt safer from things that I have heard, plus if you use a CC they will charge you a 5% surcharge. So no brainer...pay cash, reserve on line to get discount and bring that paper with you.

Moondoggie- we grabbed a van/taxi , there were 5 of us, at the pier. He charged us $4 per person for the 20 minute drive to Los Veranos. When you book on line they give instructions on how to get there and what to tell the cabbie if necessary. I just told him we wanted to go to the Los Veranos Canopy Tour office and he knew what it was. Marilyn

Randi's Happy Horses was a blast. I can't decide which day we

enjoyed more, that day or the canapy tour. The weather was

perfect during the horseback riding. It was in the 70's so it wasn't

too hot or too cold. I was riding my horse on the beach thinking

I was the king of the world. I especially liked it because I was

able to gallop. It was kind of scary but much more comfortable than

that canter stage. The only bad thing was that the lunch took forever

to be served. Don't get me wrong, we got back on time and all that

but we didn't know that if we wanted to Randi would have gotten us

taxi back and we didn't have to have lunch at Victor's. The lunch

itself was great but literally took one hour to get the food. If you're

with a group and having some beers I guess the time would pass

by quickly.

When is your trip and what ship are you on?

Cat Girl

Archived