New Year's Eve

aabelik

Hi, I will be on the Ruby Princess this new years and I'd like to know what kind of celebrations they make that night. Thank you.

On our last New Year's Eve cruise on the Dawn Princess, it fell on a formal night. The ship was still decked out from the holiday season. They suspended a lot of balloons from the ceiling in the Atrium and that's where the big party was held. I understand there was also a deck party. They had Father Time and Baby Time in attendance to do the countdown along with a live band. It was quite the party.

Check out this short video from our trip...

New Year's Eve - 12-31-2007

We were provided with silly hats and noise-makers. I was not pleased with DH, who was so busy taking his pictures from the top level, he forgot to kiss me. We are sailing on Valentine's Day in 2010, and I expect more attention!;)

There should be a special menu for New Years eve dinner, it could be one of your formal nights, you will be given hats and noise makers at dinner and there will be a party in the atrium, a big ballon drop, champagne,etc. It will be very memorable.:)

We were on the Island Princess back in 2005/06 for the holiday cruise. There were several parties, many with live entertainment and dancing. At least a couple of balloon drops at midnight. There wasn't free champagne but I've read here on CC a year or two later that there was free champagne on NYE on their cruises.

The next morning it was sooooo quiet in the morning.

The only negative comment I heard was from our 8-yr-old who we left in the fun zone as there was supposed to be a party for the mid group and teens. There wasn't.

Archived