Platinum Status

charlie09

Can anyone clarify how many cruises you have to take to become a platinum member please. To my supprise I have received a letter from RCI congratulating me on becoming a platinum member and giving me details of all the perks but my DH and I have only done 3 cruises!! Is this a mistake and if so will they realise, I know it really doesn't make that much difference, just curious ( and really chuffed ).

Can anyone clarify how many cruises you have to take to become a platinum member please. To my supprise I have received a letter from RCI congratulating me on becoming a platinum member and giving me details of all the perks but my DH and I have only done 3 cruises!! Is this a mistake and if so will they realise, I know it really doesn't make that much difference, just curious ( and really chuffed ).

Gidday,

Its all based upon "Cruise Credits" , not the number of cruises. Presumably, you sailed either in suites or on sailings over 12 days. A 10 day cruise = 1 credit, but a 15 day = 2 credits. Never done it, but I think a suite adds an additional credit for any length cruise .

Phil..

Thanks for the clarification guys, we have done a 7, 12 and 14 night so that explains it....he he, I'm Platinum, thought I had to do 2 more to get there! :)

Congrats!!! And like someone else posted JS and above also earns an extra credit. So for the 12 or 14 night if you stay in a JS or above it's 3 cruise credits. ;)

Archived