Need to Clear Something up - Savory Bites

amybeth4

Are savory bites those little 2-3 bite hard rolls that you get in the MDR? I love those and people mention savory bites and that's the only thing I can imagine you're all talking about.

Crunchy savory bite, a little butter with each bite. Oh YEAH...

Are savory bites those little 2-3 bite hard rolls that you get in the MDR? I love those and people mention savory bites and that's the only thing I can imagine you're all talking about.

Yes, those are the savory Bites. They are covered in poppy seeds. ;)

Crunchy savory bite, a little butter with each bite. Oh YEAH...

I think three bites would be a stretch....:D

T me they are a little "bagel lke"...and VERY good mmmmmmm

Thanks, ladies. I'm glad I cleared that up. Now I can look like a COMPLETE dork when I take my friend on her first cruise in Nov. and this conversation occurs:

Oooh you gotta try the savory bites.

WTH is a savory bite?

Those little bite-sized rolls.

How in the world do you know what they're actually called?

Don't ask.

I think three bites would be a stretch....:D

T me they are a little "bagel lke"...and VERY good mmmmmmm

The more bites I take out of something, the more food I feel like I have. I cut grape tomatoes into threes just so I have tomato with each bite of salad. ;)

But you're right, they really ARE more like two bites. One if you're starving.

On my most recent cruise, I was travelling with a friend who was on her first cruise ever. When the asst. waiter came around, I told her to try the savory bites. The asst. waiter had no clue what I was talking about and kept asking me what I was calling them...

Is it just us or does it seem they never make enought of them..............and they don't have them every night either.........

Not every night? The last cruise I took was a 4-nighter and they had them every night. It was a perfect way to get my bread fix without pigging out on bread. On my Liberty cruise, I may have to have a talk with the chef...

On my most recent cruise, I was travelling with a friend who was on her first cruise ever. When the asst. waiter came around, I told her to try the savory bites. The asst. waiter had no clue what I was talking about and kept asking me what I was calling them...

I wonder if someone on CC didn't invent that name. I DO think it's an odd name for bread. To me a savory bite would have some sort of protein in them as well, like meat or cheese.

I wonder if someone on CC didn't invent that name. I DO think it's an odd name for bread. To me a savory bite would have some sort of protein in them as well, like meat or cheese.

our waiters have called them that...without our prompting them.

The waiter told me they are savory bites. They are 2 bites for me. Once they ran out. Once they were hard as a rock. They should be like rocks more often - that would solve that problem...eating too many of them. :eek: I swear before every cruise that I'm not going to eat any bread including savory bites. Maybe next time........

Gina

Savory Bites are the best.. We started eating them just because our asst waiter Dindo on Explorer in 2006 said it funny. Ever since then its the only thing I get when the bread comes around.. Well savory bites and the sour dough roll...

And I know its hard to track down favorite staff members but if anyone has seen Dindo.. He's the man..

We love the savory bites too. I asked the head waiter for the recipe and he brought it to me a few days later. Of coarse it was for 2000 servings. But there were ingriedents I had no idea what they were and I do a lot of bread making. One ingriedent was some kind of mix. So on another cruise I asked for the recipe and the head waiter said they don't give out that recipe. I also did a search for it and no luck.

Jan

A couple of years ago we mentioned to our waiter how much we loved the savory bites and just happened to mention that we could eat them every night. Well every night after that, he brought a basket full of savory bites along with the regular bread choices.

A couple of years ago we mentioned to our waiter how much we loved the savory bites and just happened to mention that we could eat them every night. Well every night after that, he brought a basket full of savory bites along with the regular bread choices.

Man They sound great, I have to wait 203 days till I can try them. But thanks for the information. I am adding it to my list of "don't miss".

On the Explorer, in May, 2008, we asked for "Savory Bites," as we love them. The waiter brought out 12, so we shared them with our table mates. The next night, we had a platter of 32 of them delivered, without asking, for our table of 12. We got the same platter every night, plus more, if we wiped out the platter before the main course arrived. All I can say is that the wait staff were great and the pastry staff out did themselves. Savory Bites Rule! Just ask Sas80! ;)

Eric

Archived