:( Outdoor Adventure in PV no go....What else?

clb09

so my plan to do Outdoor adventure in PV is a no go now 'cause my bf doesn't want me to do it. I have a recovering arm and he thinks it's risky to re-injure it.

zip-lining is all I've heard about PV, aside from day spent at resort.

What else do you guys suggest me doing in PV?? Be there the whole day from 8:30am to 7pm

I'd recommend renting the movie Night of the Iguana and then go see where John Houston directed it, Las Caletas, just south of PV. It is a gorgeous 45 minute or so boat trip that you can purchase directly at the docs and avoid the middle men. When we went we saw Manta Rays and cruised along the shore line enjoying the tropical views. Las Caletas itself is a semi private semi Isolated beach and buffet. Nice sand, gorgeous setting, a fun place, and we didn't feel there was any down side to spending the day there.

Enjoy!

I agree about renting the movie Night of the Iguana but to clear up some misinformation: John Huston lived at Las Caletas, that was his tropical Garden of Eden. His children, Angelica and Danny used to come to Vallarta and visit Caletas as well. The movie sets were down on the south shore area (Mismaloya and at Playa Conchas Chinas), not at Las Caletas. Angelica and Danny Huston still pop into town every once in a while and are still trying to start and promote a film festival in honor of their father.

Caletas is private and you can only go there via Vallarta Adventures and it is a fabulous beach and place to spend the day.

Archived