Best transport option for Barcelona?

tjljsc

We dock in Barcelona and I'd like to head directly to La Sagrada Familia to start the day off before the crowds hit. Are there any public transport options that are easy to navigate? Any idea how much a cab would cost (and if they are readily available at port)??

Thanks!

We dock in Barcelona and I'd like to head directly to La Sagrada Familia to start the day off before the crowds hit. Are there any public transport options that are easy to navigate? Any idea how much a cab would cost (and if they are readily available at port)??

Thanks!

You can take the Blue bus http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/transport/barcelona-cruise-port.html from the dock (2 Euros)to Drassanes then the Metro to La Sagrada. You will need to switch metro lines once but no big deal. You can also take a taxi from Drassanes for about 6 Euros. A taxi direct from the port to La Sagrada will run about 15-20 Euros.

Are the crowds so bad in October that we need to worry about this? I'm not a fan of multiple changes with public transport. I'm directionally challenged. :) However, 20E for a cab ride seems like a waste of cash. I also found a free walking tour (they work for tips) at 10am in Barri Gotic. If we go straight there and then work our way over to La Sagrada, would we be facing a lot of waiting time?

You can take the Blue bus http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/transport/barcelona-cruise-port.html from the dock (2 Euros)to Drassanes then the Metro to La Sagrada. You will need to switch metro lines once but no big deal. You can also take a taxi from Drassanes for about 6 Euros. A taxi direct from the port to La Sagrada will run about 15-20 Euros.

all ready posted for you.

Any idea how to use the metro to get from port to La Sagrada?

From Drassanes take Line 2 to Pas de Gracia then switch to Line 2 to the Sagrada Familia stop. Try to get there when it opens at 9:00am to avoid long lines. You also mentioned touring the Barri Gotic. Please watch your belongings. The area is loaded with pickpockets.

Are the crowds so bad in October that we need to worry about this? I'm not a fan of multiple changes with public transport. I'm directionally challenged. :) However, 20E for a cab ride seems like a waste of cash. I also found a free walking tour (they work for tips) at 10am in Barri Gotic. If we go straight there and then work our way over to La Sagrada, would we be facing a lot of waiting time?

Would you please share details of the free walking tour in Bari Gothic? We are spending total 4 days in Barcelona pre and post tour and are interested in this.

Archived