Cruise Critic Community
reporterjen

Member referral credit

I'm a previous NCL and HAL cruiser who is about to take the plunge with Regent. My parents and my husband and I are in the process of booking a Baltic cruise on the Voyager next August. I just know it's going to be wonderful -- and probably spoil me for ever traveling a discount line again.

We've been told by booking agents that if we use the name of a previous Regent passenger as a referral, both we and they can get an onboard credit.

Is anyone familiar with this referral program? And, if any previous Regent cruiser is willing to share their name/referral with us, please send me a message.

I'm sure I'll become a regular on the Regent Seven Seas board here as we plan and get ever more excited about next year's cruise. I'm already eagerly reading all of the current and previous live posts from our ship.

Thanks,

Jen.

Hi Jen,

We are also taking the plunge and have booked our first Regent curise :). We will be on the Voyager 8/21/10. Who knows, us newbie's might be on the same cruise.

Ken

According to Regent's website, if a Seven Seas Society member (anyone who has previously sailed Regent) refers a first-time guest, the new guest will receive a $200 shipboard credit, and the referring member gets a $200 credit toward a future cruise. This is accomplished by filling out a form on Regent's website, which requires the new guest's name, sailing date and reservation number. You didn't provide a contact, but I would be happy to do that if you send me the information to kvisf*at*aol.com.

If you're the referring member, you can get the credit on an already booked cruise. I referred some friends for the same cruise we were on a few months ago and got the credit for both of us.

If anyone needs a "referrer," let me know (love those shipboard credits).

There are similiar referral threads on Seabourn and Crystal boards. Please limit referral requests to this thread. Any requests on other threads will be removed.

Thank you!

Host Dan

Edited by Host Dan

Sounds like the current newbies are covered for "referral" requests, but if anyone else would like me to "refer" them to get the OBC, feel free to email me at lani_akers (at) yahoo.com. :)

I can attest, at least, to getting the newbie credit -- my parents (Seven Seas Society "Gold") "referred" us on our cruise in May. DH and I got the $200 OBC & my parents got the "$200 off your next cruise" thing.

I missed out last time I referred a friend to Regent. He ended up cruising with us. Oh well.

But I don't like this idea of anonymous referrals just for a few bucks. So count me out. Next time I legitimately refer a *friend* of mine to Regent, I'll make sure to cash in.

Wow, we've missed out on this deal several times. Rats!! However, we can try it out now, having just referred a couple of friends to Regent. They've just booked a Voyager cruise in the Baltics for next summer.

In case anyone is having trouble (as I did, almost despairing of the whole project), finding the on-line referral form on the Regent website, it is in the "Special Offers" section, under "Become a Regent Ambassador!".

Happy Trails!! Cheers, Fred

I'm also available for referral. Just recently, one of my favorite posters on cc referred me, and I can get a cabin credit on my next cruise after hers! The next cruise has to be in a certain time after the originating poster books. Therefore, I am always available with a future booked cruise, thank you!

I'm a previous NCL and HAL cruiser who is about to take the plunge with Regent. My parents and my husband and I are in the process of booking a Baltic cruise on the Voyager next August. I just know it's going to be wonderful -- and probably spoil me for ever traveling a discount line again.

We've been told by booking agents that if we use the name of a previous Regent passenger as a referral, both we and they can get an onboard credit.

Is anyone familiar with this referral program? And, if any previous Regent cruiser is willing to share their name/referral with us, please send me a message.

I'm sure I'll become a regular on the Regent Seven Seas board here as we plan and get ever more excited about next year's cruise. I'm already eagerly reading all of the current and previous live posts from our ship.

Thanks,

Jen.

Dear Jen,

We have sailed Regent (when it was Radisson ) and will probably be booking the August 28 . Is that the cruise you will be on? We are also going to Belize, Cozumel, etc on a Royal cruise. Any advise on shore excursions ? Thanks

I would be happy to do a referral for someone since we are sailing in Jan and can use 200.00 more in OBC for the spa!

Email info and I will enter it on the website.

purple19gray@aol.com

As I understand the referral programme, the new customer receives his reward in the form of on board credit, but the Seven Seas Society member will get a cash discount on a future cruise (not OBC). I have taken advantage of this.

Is it too late for us to get a referral, we sail in December? If not, anyone interested?

Thanks,

Jen.

Send me your names, cruise departure date and booking number and I'll get you your credit as well as mine. The member (me) of Regent has to send in the information.

BGSS, you send me your info also and I'll take care of you as well.

rallydave at pobox dot com

Edited by rallydave

Sounds like the current newbies are covered for "referral" requests, but if anyone else would like me to "refer" them to get the OBC, feel free to email me at lani_akers (at) yahoo.com. :)

I can attest, at least, to getting the newbie credit -- my parents (Seven Seas Society "Gold") "referred" us on our cruise in May. DH and I got the $200 OBC & my parents got the "$200 off your next cruise" thing.

I'm still willing and able to help, as well...

Is it possible that because I booked through a TA (confirmed today) and was told by her that I would receive a $200 OBC (+ $100 for our birthdays) that she became the referring member? She told us she has cruised with Regent a number of times. Is there any way I could find out? I would LOVE another $200 OBC if possible and would pass on my booking number to someone wanting $200 off their future cruise.

TIA

Is it possible that because I booked through a TA (confirmed today) and was told by her that I would receive a $200 OBC (+ $100 for our birthdays) that she became the referring member? She told us she has cruised with Regent a number of times. Is there any way I could find out? I would LOVE another $200 OBC if possible and would pass on my booking number to someone wanting $200 off their future cruise.

TIA

I'll be glad to put you in for OBC. Please send your booking number, names, and cruise dates to me via e-mail and I'll take care of you.

Thanks,

rallydave at pobox dot com

Hello everyone

We're booked as first timers on Mariner in September 2010 - whist we booked some time ago I'm not embarrassed to share in any Member get Member initiatives if anyone would like to e-mail me at palmeat at mac dot com and let me know what information/action is required.

Thanks

Peter

I am going on a Regent cruise next April (my 4th on Regent) and I filled out the online form for friends (1st time Regent) who will be going with us. I have received no acknowledgement from Regent, but I'm assuming I will when we have all made final payments in January. Is this how it works?

I am going on a Regent cruise next April (my 4th on Regent) and I filled out the online form for friends (1st time Regent) who will be going with us. I have received no acknowledgement from Regent, but I'm assuming I will when we have all made final payments in January. Is this how it works?

Have submitted an Ambassador and once Regent acknowledges the person you have included on the form after Regent receives final payment or the passenger embarks. No acknowledgement from Regent until the credit appears on your account. I informed my TA of my ambassador and she keeps track of it and when Regent provides the credit, my TA will send me a new invoice with a reduction in payment due of $200. Not sure how it works if you are on the same cruise or a cruise a week or two after your referrel. Am assuming they will provide a credit to the credit card you use for final payment. My Ambassador is for a week prior to my cruise and we'll see how the credit appears.

Check with your TA for an updated Regent or TA invoice about a month before your cruise and if the credit isn't there, have your TA contact Regent for your credit.

Have a great cruise and enjoy the $200 credit.

Edited by rallydave

I just booked a cruise on the Paul Gauguin. If anyone wants to be my referral, let me know what info you need and if there is anything else that I need to do.

Thanks.