Cruise Critic Community
reporterjen

Member referral credit

Hi we too are sailing on the 8th April 2016 and are hoping to find someone who will refer us.

Thank you

Loraine

We received one for Seabourn and used it on board. We also referred somebody else who gained $500.

This year we are looking at Regent Seven Seas and wondered if anybody would like to refer us to our mutual benefit?

Any tips on Regent welcome eg. How easy are the excursions to book if you are a fairly last minute cruiser?

Thanks

Pedro

Hi Pedro

I think you need to be sailing on the same cruise to qualify for the referral credit. I would suggest looking on the roll call for the cruise you are thinking of booking and make you're request there.

Hello everyone

We're booked as first timers on Mariner in September 2010 - whist we booked some time ago I'm not embarrassed to share in any Member get Member initiatives if anyone would like to e-mail me at - - - and let me know what information/action is required.

Us too - booked on Navigator in October 2015 - sharalan11 at hotmail dot com

Thnx Alan

Edit - just read further entries and it seems as I have already booked and paid deposit that I may have missed the opportunity?

Edited by alpal

We've booked for 15th November on Mariner, Miami to Miami should anyone wish to contact me for a referal. Please drop me a line at pigincrusing at btinternet dot com. ;)

Can anyone confirm if this program still exists. Also does it work if you already made a deposit for a cruise, thanks

Can anyone confirm if this program still exists. Also does it work if you already made a deposit for a cruise, thanks

You need to mention the referral at time of booking and ensure the referrer submits the forms within seven days of your booking

http://www.rssc.com/ambassador/

We are booking our first Regent Cruise on the Voyager, Cruise #170901 sailing from Rome to Barcelona on Aug 1, 2017. If there is an Ambassador that would like to sponsor us please let me know today as we are making the deposit late today or tomorrow and as I understand it we need to reference to Ambassador program at the time of deposit to be eligible for the shipboard credit.

Hello veteran Regent cruisers

We are about to place a deposit on our first Regent cruise--August 1, 2017 from Rome to Barcelona. Is there an "ambassador" on our cruise who would like to make a referral?

Many thanks.

Actually, you can get more on board credits from a TA (one that regularly looks luxury cruises - Regent in particular). You can also receive a percentage of your cruise fare back from these TA's. Also, if you pay for your cruise with Amex Platinum (branded) card, you receive $300 OBC's for every cruise. IMO, it is difficult to find another person that will be on your cruise within the timeframe set forth by Regent but it is certainly worth a try.

Actually, you can get more on board credits from a TA (one that regularly looks luxury cruises - Regent in particular). You can also receive a percentage of your cruise fare back from these TA's. Also, if you pay for your cruise with Amex Platinum (branded) card, you receive $300 OBC's for every cruise. IMO, it is difficult to find another person that will be on your cruise within the timeframe set forth by Regent but it is certainly worth a try.

It is also difficult to find someone who is taking the exact cruise, has never sailed Regent and who will coordinate everything with you. I agree with TravelCat that it's easier to get some OBC from your TA. We are getting $600 but it's as as a refund after we take the cruise. Sort of like an OBC. As far as the Amex thing is, IMHO worth it. I actually tried to do the referral things when we booked the Panama Canal cruise several months ago but got no takers.

First time cruising, I did not use a travel agent, booked directly with Regent. Going next week, so it's probably too late, but if anyone thinks it's still possible, I'd be happy to give my info. I am a little upset, as I even specifically ASKED before I made final payment if I would be losing out by not using a travel agent. I was told "oh no, any OBC credit or discount they offer, we offer". Um, no

As far as the Amex thing is, IMHO worth it. I actually tried to do the referral things when we booked the Panama Canal cruise several months ago but got no takers.

Shortly after I posted about Amex, we decided to go with another credit card (Chase Sapphire Reserve). Amex was no longer permitting the $300 OBC when our TA gave us credits so we were not able to take advantage of that benefit (they are also going up to $550/year in September for their platinum card). As a bonus for going to the new card, we already have $750 towards airfare (that we'll use towards our round-trip flights to Miami later this year). It seems that Amex is losing several customers to Chase. Chase also has a reasonable amount of trip cancellation insurance which is something that Amex doesn't have.

Just wanted to share that information!

Why not call a TA and see if they can "take over" the reservation and why you would like them do. It couldn't hurt. A reputable TA will be 100% honest with you. Good luck.

First time cruising, I did not use a travel agent, booked directly with Regent. Going next week, so it's probably too late, but if anyone thinks it's still possible, I'd be happy to give my info. I am a little upset, as I even specifically ASKED before I made final payment if I would be losing out by not using a travel agent. I was told "oh no, any OBC credit or discount they offer, we offer". Um, no

If you didn't ask until final payment it was already too late to transfer to a TA. If my understanding is correct you need to transfer within 30 days of booking or the TA won't get paid (in other words there is no commission paid and therefore no OBC or benefits to share with you).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Shortly after I posted about Amex, we decided to go with another credit card (Chase Sapphire Reserve). Amex was no longer permitting the $300 OBC when our TA gave us credits so we were not able to take advantage of that benefit (they are also going up to $550/year in September for their platinum card). As a bonus for going to the new card, we already have $750 towards airfare (that we'll use towards our round-trip flights to Miami later this year). It seems that Amex is losing several customers to Chase. Chase also has a reasonable amount of trip cancellation insurance which is something that Amex doesn't have.

Just wanted to share that information!

We too got the Chase Sapphire Reserve with one time $750 a/f credit for my wife and $750 for me. There is also a $300 yearly statement credit when travel charges are made. An excellent deal.

Just signed up and paid for a forthcoming cruise on Explorer. We have cruised with Regent many times but have been unaware of referrals. How do we get the necessary form and how do we get in touch with a new to Regent customer who has not yet been referred.

Just signed up and paid for a forthcoming cruise on Explorer. We have cruised with Regent many times but have been unaware of referrals. How do we get the necessary form and how do we get in touch with a new to Regent customer who has not yet been referred.

We are new to Regent and not referred but have booked for 2018 - do we count?:D

If it is at all possible I booked my Cruise on the Navigator for 21 June 2018. I'm willing to give it a shot if anyone else is. :D

Is our first Regent Cruise.

I find it really difficult to refer someone. There is a "newbie" on our upcoming Alaska cruise but the referral would not work as the form needed to be submitted within 7 days of placing a deposit. Most people don't check out the Regent board until well after that time.

Hopefully your TA provided you with OBC's (on board credits) that exceed the amount that Regent's Ambassador Program would have provided.

Enjoy your cruise!

I find it really difficult to refer someone. There is a "newbie" on our upcoming Alaska cruise but the referral would not work as the form needed to be submitted within 7 days of placing a deposit. Most people don't check out the Regent board until well after that time.

Hopefully your TA provided you with OBC's (on board credits) that exceed the amount that Regent's Ambassador Program would have provided.

Enjoy your cruise!

yes they have but as I'm not one of the so called affluent cruisers I'll take every penny I can get ...LOL

and thanks

IMO the process of referral is not difficult. We successfully did it for a young couple who were travelling on the same cruise and contacted us through CC.

The challenge is that so few new-to-Regent cruisers are aware of the Ambassador Programme. Regent have the information buried on their website and it seems that TAs are either unaware or do not let their clients know of the Programme.

Obviously Regent intend the Programme to be used for 'true' friends & family of the existing Regent customer e.g. if we recommended to our friends that they join us on a particular cruise, we would be able to manage the process of booking to ensure both couples received the on-board benefits.

A referral through these Boards relies on the new cruiser having done their research and posting a request for a referral before they confirm their booking (not forgetting to state that it is an Ambassador Programme booking), so that immediately after they place their deposit the referrer can submit the Referral Form.

Are you saying that a TAs OBCs and the Ambassador Programme OBCs are mutually exclusive?

Is it not possible to receive both?