Cruise Critic Community
reporterjen

Member referral credit

good info...to get the referral credit,the referred person must be on your cruise for it to be given on that booking.But otherwise,the OBC will be given AFTER that referred person TAKES their cruise..so will have to use that on FUTURE cruise..I was originally told the credits would be applied after the referred person PAID for cruise.Also, do doublecheck with Regent,even after submitting referrals,still not applied to my account and had to call with SAME info TWICE..:confused:

Would someone help explain this program? We will be sailing May 2013 - haven't booked yet because we are waiting for the final itineraries. I do have a question however about the OBC mentioned. If this is all inclusive, what would one "need" to purchase that isn't already included?

Thank you!!

Wendy

Would someone help explain this program? We will be sailing May 2013 - haven't booked yet because we are waiting for the final itineraries. I do have a question however about the OBC mentioned. If this is all inclusive, what would one "need" to purchase that isn't already included?

Thank you!!

Wendy

You don't really "need" to purchase anything that isn't already included, but the OBC is nice to have for things that are extra. Some of these are daily printed newspapers (e.g. NYT, WSJ, etc.), spa treatments, gift shop purchases, premium wines, cuban cigars, premium shore excursions, etc.

I don't know when the May 2013 itineraries will be published. I've been waiting for the fall 2012 info which I think is supposed to be released in the next week or two. Hopefully the early 2013 info will be too.

good info...to get the referral credit,the referred person must be on your cruise for it to be given on that booking.But otherwise,the OBC will be given AFTER that referred person TAKES their cruise..so will have to use that on FUTURE cruise..I was originally told the credits would be applied after the referred person PAID for cruise.Also, do doublecheck with Regent,even after submitting referrals,still not applied to my account and had to call with SAME info TWICE..:confused:

I just got off phone with 3rd Regent agent ,,referring this credit,,and now told the $200 credit would be taken off my credit card..and NOT an OBC per se.Am I the only one wondering about this ,whew???:confused:

Can I still get a referral even though I've just booked ?

Yes as long as your TA has informed Regent that you will be referred and you haven't yet paid your deposit. I would be glad to refer you if you qualify. Please contact me at rallydave at pobox dot com and I will walk you thru it.

Thanks,

DAve

Hi guys,

We're due on The Mariner for our very first RSS cruise on 27/12/11, and until just now were unaware of the referral system.

Are we too late to gain any onboard credit, whilst also allowing a previously sailed passenger to gain something?

Any speedy advice would be much appreciated to my personal email address: adam@timothydavid.fsnet.co.uk

Thanks in advance:cool:

Hi guys,

We're due on The Mariner for our very first RSS cruise on 27/12/11, and until just now were unaware of the referral system.

Are we too late to gain any onboard credit, whilst also allowing a previously sailed passenger to gain something?

Any speedy advice would be much appreciated to my personal email address: adam@timothydavid.fsnet.co.uk

Thanks in advance:cool:

I think not. You are required to notify Regent at time of booking that you are to be referred and I know that they are pretty hot that the rules be adhered to.

Don't let that spoil your cruise though. I just got off Mariner's Transatlantic crossing and it was everything it is cracked up to be.

Happy cruising and please post to tell us all about your Christmas cruise.

Hello,

After months of lurking the Regent board, we're about to make the jump and book for Feb 27th on the Navigator. We've sailed several times with Princess with some HAL and Carnival jaunts.

We will be booking in the next couple of business days, just before or after the holiday. Due to the short lead time our deposit / final payment will be one and the same I guess. Will this lead to complications?

Is there anyone who could refer us? nssapper@hotmail.com

Thanks for all your help.

Brett

I have just finished booking our first cruise for May 2012 Rome - Barcelona and would love some type of a shipboard credit if anyone is willing to refer me. I am new to this website and will probably have a million questions too!

Thanks for your consideration!

We would love to refer you. Please email me at cele4711 at gmail dot com and I'll gladly get you the information you're looking for.

We would love to refer you. Please email me at cele4711 at gmail dot com and I'll gladly get you the information you're looking for.

Ginny123:

I will do that now - thanks for the help!

Hello!

I'm about to book a first cruise with Regent sailing August 2012 and would be grateful for a referral. I understand this has to be organised before or as I book? Thank you..

Claranda, I will be happy to refer you. Please email me at gretalarsson at yahoo dot com

Edited by Gardendog
did not include the poster's name

Just booked Alaska 8/22/12 and would like to know if we could get a

referral? Also how the program works. This is our first Regent Cruise.

Thanks you,

Lanie, I would be happy to refer you. You are supposed to let them know when you book that you have been referred. Basically this gives you a $200 onboard credit, and a $200 Future Cruise Credit to the person referring.

Outlined here http://www.rssc.com/specials/details.aspx?SpecialId=8c991fbf-aa76-4b28-a297-524768363393

I have done this before, and would be happy to help. you may email me at ophillips2000@aol.com

Stefanie, just sent you an email

Edited by jhp

Hi there,

my husband and I are booked for April 23, 2012 sailing--Istanbul to Venice. This is our FIRST regent cruise.

We have already paid. are we too late?

our TA did not mention this to us. Found more info from fellow cruise critics!

thank you.

Hi all,

Getting ready to book a Mediterranean cruise on the Mariner.

Would appreciate a referral if anyone would like to offer.

Thanks much

April

Aloha! We are looking at booking our first Regent cruise for May 2013. Anyone care to offer us a referral?