Barcelona Airport Bus to Hotel Near Playa Cataluna

Arlenedow

We would like to take the airport bus to our hotel which is Hotel Inglaterra near Playa Cataluna. Where do we find the bus? Do you have to buy the tickets before getting on the bus so is there a booth where you can buy them?

Thank you for help.

Arlene

The AeroBus leaves from outside Terminals 1 & 2. From baggage claim, head outside following signs to the bus. Once you are outside, you will signs with directions to Aerobus. The bus is blue & white and has covered shelters outside the terminal with Aerobus signs. There are automated machines to buy tickets near the shelters - cash or Visa. The machines are touch-screen and have English instructions :) Otherwise, you can pay cash on the bus, but drivers don't always have change.

It runs 7 days a week with the first departure from Pl. Catalunya at 5:30am and the last departure from the airport at 1am, departing every 5-15 minutes depending on time of day (more frequently during peak hours). It is 5 euro one-way or 8.65 euro round-trip from Terminal 1 (Internationals??:confused:) and slightly cheaper from Terminal 2. The ride takes about 30 minutes.

There is space for luggage but you will be responsible to get your own suitcases on and off the bus so if you need help handling luggage, it is better to get a cab.

I had asked a similar question about the aerobus and was told to watch your luggage because of the thieves..how much of a problem is this? Do they actually run off with your luggage??:eek:

The AeroBus leaves from outside Terminals 1 & 2. From baggage claim, head outside following signs to the bus. Once you are outside, you will signs with directions to Aerobus. The bus is blue & white and has covered shelters outside the terminal with Aerobus signs. There are automated machines to buy tickets near the shelters - cash or Visa. The machines are touch-screen and have English instructions :) Otherwise, you can pay cash on the bus, but drivers don't always have change.

It runs 7 days a week with the first departure from Pl. Catalunya at 5:30am and the last departure from the airport at 1am, departing every 5-15 minutes depending on time of day (more frequently during peak hours). It is 5 euro one-way or 8.65 euro round-trip from Terminal 1 (Internationals??:confused:) and slightly cheaper from Terminal 2. The ride takes about 30 minutes.

There is space for luggage but you will be responsible to get your own suitcases on and off the bus so if you need help handling luggage, it is better to get a cab.

I had asked a similar question about the aerobus and was told to watch your luggage because of the thieves..how much of a problem is this? Do they actually run off with your luggage??:eek:

I've read lots of reviews with people who had problems with thieves/pickpockets and lots of reviews from people in Barcelona who had no problems whatsoever. Yes, it can be a problem in Barcelona but be aware of your surroundings and take simple precautions and you should be fine. I had no problems, not even close calls, but I always held onto my bags and carried as little as possible.

Of course you should watch your luggage on the Aerobus - but that goes for ANY city, not just Barcelona!! Thieves go for easy victims, not the thefts where they have to work hard to get your belongings. Be conscious of what is going on around you and you should be okay. There are lots of tips on these boards on how to protect yourself against pickpockets.

Be sensible, Try and get on first so your luggage is at the bottom of the pile, so harder to steal, and just be aware of any people on the bus who do not look like they have just got off a plane. If possible try to sit in the seats closest to the luggage stand. Keep all hand luggage with you. I have read of people who place their laptops etc in the suitcase pile....

We arrived in BCN at 2:30 on a Saturday and there were only 6 people on the bus with us. Easy to find, inexpensive and quick. We always keep our carryons with us and of coursse just watch our bags. No problems.

Thanks, I guess I'm used to the busses here and the driver gets the luggage for you as it is underneath and out of sight.

We arrived in BCN at 2:30 on a Saturday and there were only 6 people on the bus with us. Easy to find, inexpensive and quick. We always keep our carryons with us and of coursse just watch our bags. No problems.

• 3 weeks later...
We would like to take the airport bus to our hotel which is Hotel Inglaterra near Playa Cataluna. Where do we find the bus? Do you have to buy the tickets before getting on the bus so is there a booth where you can buy them?

Thank you for help.

Arlene

Please let me know how you like Hotel Inglaterra, we are booked there in July. Have a great cruise!

Kirk

Just got back from cruise. Flew into Barcelona airport at around 8:30am by the time we made our way outside to were the bus was at..we just walked right up paid the driver 5 Euros/person and loaded our luggage onto the bus. There were only 4 of us on the bus that Saturday morning. You do have to load & unload your own luggage onto the bus. The bus is white & blue w/big letters that say Aerobus.

Archived