Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pacheco18

Bruno's L'excursion bleu

BTW' date='

Last week, we retrieved our two months plus worth of mail and in there was the DVD we purchased from Bruno of our day's adventure. It was a slide show with fades and zooms, etc. Bruno had a great camera and the photos bear this out. Great underwater shots at the coral garden and a lot of pictures of the DW and myself mixed in with some of our fellow tour companions. I can't be sure but I think the photos were selected with us specifically in mind in that there were many shots of us alone and not so many of the other folks. Until I check for some feedback from some of the other tourmates, I can't be sure it was a customized disk. If it was, that's fabulous and it made the trip all that much more memorable in retrospect.

Bob

Oh, and the pearls were not inexpensive...you get what you pay for...some of these were spectacular and looked to be well worth the asking prices. Don't kid yourself, there is NOTHING inexpensive in French Polynesia...this is not a third world colony.[/quote']

You're absolutely correct--at the beginning of your excursion Bruno asks who wants to buy a cd/dvd--usually he's paid at that time--he takes pictures of those he has been paid by who will receive this great item--we've been with him 3 times and have always taken the photo program--our first one was not a cd format--he used to bring them back to the ship in Raitaia befored we sailed late that night--they were mailed to us about a year ago and this past October--we met him at the fence at the dock and took all for those who had gone with us that day. Kind of a funny story--about 1-1/2 years ago we were traveling with friends of mine--I had insisted tht they go on this excursion with Bruno--but---before we left they were going back and forth--do we want to pay for the pictures etc.--the lady in question has more money than anyone can imagine--but--she always expects to be catered to and get the best deal---anyway--before we took off they decided not to pay the pictures--when we returned to the dock in the afternoon they decided that maybe, after all this would be something they'd like-----or maybe it was by email that they told him--when theirs arrived it wasn't full of pictures of them because they weren't interested in purchasing--soooo she was angry with me because she didn't get what we did--she received a lot of stock photos and just a couple of the group !!!!

What you received is very special and made just for you !!!!

Nancy:D:D

I was disappointed that we were never asked about the photo CD/DVD at the beginning of the excursion. On his website, Bruno advertises this CD/DVD and I was very excited about it, expecting to get an underwater photo of us snorkelling. It never happened.

Despite that, it was a great excursion.

I was disappointed that we were never asked about the photo CD/DVD at the beginning of the excursion. On his website, Bruno advertises this CD/DVD and I was very excited about it, expecting to get an underwater photo of us snorkelling. It never happened.

Despite that, it was a great excursion.

We just went with Bruno a couple of months ago--this was the third time---We've always received cd/dvd or photos on our first excursion with Bruno

Did you order your cd/dvd when you made your deposit--that's what we did on this last excursion

did you ask him about it when he ws taking photos ?????he concentrates on those who have asked for the cd--if you noticed this I'm surprised you didn't ask him why he wasn't taking pictures of the two of you.

Nancy:D

Wow I looked at that Champon pearls website and I love some of their more casual jewellery options! I will hope that Bruno continues to go there :) But if you stop at the pearl farm before you go snorkelling, what do you do with your jewellery while everyone is in the water? Just leave it on the boat and hope no one takes it?

On the DVD--are there photos? or is it more of a video made out of the pictures (i.e. could I print them for my scrapbook?)

We went with Bruno in March. He was very nice and accomodating. He never mentioned taking any pictures. He did take some of us and said he was going to put them online. I haven't looked to see if they are there. He was taking more general pictures rather than of specific people. He said he had just gotten a new camera. Definitely have an underwater camera with you and ask others to take your picture for you. Anything you buy would be safe in the boat. The prices at the pearl farm (not sure of the name of it) were very expensive.

We, also went with Bruno in March and February this year..You need to tell Bruno that you want the Cd/dvd or whichever it is--we have several from himm--when he does this YOU ARE THE STAR--there's no reason to take loads of pictures of others--A few years ago it was a iiiiiphoto album--now the disc--

When we went with Bruno in March we brought him a new camera from the ship that day---could be he wasn't as sure of it as he was of the camera that he used daily--think this was the 2nd week in March 2011.

When did you go with Bruno in March ???? We were on the Royal Princess.

Nancy:D:D

The prices at the pearl farm (not sure of the name of it) were very expensive.

Good to know you felt the boat was a safe place to leave items. I looked on the Champon website and they had some less expensive ($125-$250 Euros) more "casual", pieces even strung on leather, neoprene and memory wire that I thought were pretty cool and would probably get more wear. Obviously not the same quality pearls as ones that cost thousands of dollars but would still make a wonderful souvenir.

We went with Bruno over Dec/Jan.

Vanilla Farm takes credit cards, USD and XPF.

Coral Garden was great, no problems there--not sure what others are finding are the problems.

Snorkelling was great.

Lunch was good.

Can't wait and trying to find out how to go back.

Would do it again in a heartbeat.

Bruno is a true Frenchman--he's very quiet and mostly keeps to himself, which many may find as non-personal. he gives a great tour....