Can you recommend a nice hotel near the Barcelona port?

Ivy86

its a very short distance from the centre of Barcelona to the port so any of the hotels recommended on this board will be fine. We stayed at the hotel Jazz on our recent cruise and found it to be very convenient to everything we wished to see in Barcelona. We saw most of the hotels that are recommended on these boards and all are just a short cab drive to the port (approx 18-20Euro) Try search for hotels in Barcelona and you will find many excellent recommendations. Enjoy, I loved Barcelona

Terry

We were also at the Hotel Jazz in July and it was perfect for us ... and just a short cab ride to the port on the morning of departure. It's price was great. We kept watching prices and ended up with a price in the 90 euro range. Several on our Roll Call canceled and rebooked several times as the price changed. It's located only a block or so off of La Rambla at the Placa Catalunya end (if you're interested there is a Starbucks within a few feet of the hotel entrance). Very convenient to everything we wanted to do in our one day of pre-cruise exploring!

BigGuy,

Did you prearrange a taxi to pick you up at the hotel on the day that you went to the ship? Or, were there taxis in front of the hotel ?

We are a group of 20+ and have reservations at the Hotel Jazz.

Sharon

We really enjoyed the Hotel Jazz, perfect for our needs, stayedthere for 2 nights before our 25th sailing on the Ruby. The staff were extremely helpful and as said before, you are so convenient for everything. We watched the prices to and got it for the 90euro range- a great deal

Terry

boone2 and BigGuy25, thanks for your responses. It gets very high marks on tripadvisor but I have two more Hotel Jazz questions:

1. Were either of you disturbed by metro noises/vibrations while staying there?

2. Also, did you pay for the hotel breakfasts? (Right now, the early booking rate is about 141 Euros without breakfast, a little beyond my $200 per night budget, which is meant to include breakfast.)

Also, did you pay for the hotel breakfasts? (Right now, the early booking rate is about 141 Euros without breakfast, a little beyond my $200 per night budget, which is meant to include breakfast.)
CintiPam, after reading many reviews here & on TripAdvisor, we decided to stay at Hotel Jazz for our pre-cruise in a few weeks. We selected room without breakfast as I learned that there are many spots nearby to grab quick breakfast fare for lots less $$$. Keep an eye on their website for pricing changes. We booked our room 5 months in advance of our stay for just slightly over 100 Euros/nite. That same room today is 165 Euros/nite. There is also an advance booking feature that offers an additional 10% discount if you stay at least 2 nites. We're so sure that we're going to like Hotel Jazz that we just re-booked for April/10 when we'll be in Barcelona again.

Yes we did pay for the breakfast, it was morethan adequate, this was mainly to save time as we wanted to get out and at it. We too kept watching the prices, when we had originally thought about it the price was around 140E and we ended up paying 93. If you book directly with the hotel instead of expedia and ?hotels .com you dont' have to pay up front and you can always cancel and rebook or renegogiate. We didn't notice any noise but we were on the 5th floor, I read reports that the lower floors could feel the rumble of the subway. We overlooked the main street and had no problems with noise. Enjoy, a little OT but wasn't it you Cintipam that recommended the Al Ponte Mocenigo in Venice, if so thanks and here is the favour returned!!

Terry

Yes we did pay for the breakfast, it was morethan adequate, this was mainly to save time as we wanted to get out and at it. We too kept watching the prices, when we had originally thought about it the price was around 140E and we ended up paying 93. If you book directly with the hotel instead of expedia and ?hotels .com you dont' have to pay up front and you can always cancel and rebook or renegogiate. We didn't notice any noise but we were on the 5th floor, I read reports that the lower floors could feel the rumble of the subway. We overlooked the main street and had no problems with noise. Enjoy, a little OT but wasn't it you Cintipam that recommended the Al Ponte Mocenigo in Venice, if so thanks and here is the favour returned!!

Terry

Hi, Terry, yes, that was me.

We really enjoyed our stay at Al Ponte Mocenigo in Venice, a bit away from the hubbub of San Marco. Venice is very small, and between walking and vaporettos, we were happy there. We also lucked out in October with exceptionally good weather that trip. The rooms were lovely and both Walter and Sandro were great hosts. We stayed there at the beginning of a wonderful Italy land trip and will be returning there for two nights pre-cruise in late April (the same cruise that disembarks in Barcelona in mid-May, where we are staying on for three nights).

Thanks to you (and to Mighty Quinn) for your advice. I hope that the price drops for Hotel Jazz as it did for you two, especially as I now am watching the dollar fall against the Euro (up to $1.50 rate yesterday!:eek:)

Pam

We also loved the Al Ponte mocenigo and will stay there again next time we are in Venice, stayed there post Ruby cruise 2 weeks ago, Thanks for that recommendation, Hotel Jazz is competely different but just as good

Terry

Archived