A Carnival guy on Freedom OTS, The WOW factor: A pictorial review

Thanks for all the great pictures and we will be sailing on Dec 6 and will be staying in a aft room 8712. I am anxious to hear your response to the vibration question. We were on the Mariner last year (not aft) and are looking forward to this cruise. Seeing the pictures before hand has been special:D:D

Thanks.....from Joan and George

hi, can i ask a quick question?

we are also on deck nine aft...did you feel the ship moving more back there?

we have always been mid-ship and was wondering if there was a big difference in the motion you felt.

we are bringing our kids on their first cruise and i am not sure how they are going to react, as far as motion sickness...we booked aft on deck nine because they have the balcony with the inside connecting room.

i am prepared with motion eaze and ginger so even if it is bad i'm hopefully covered:)

Hi we have booked the same cabins, I notice you are going next month. Can you take some pics of the cabins and balcony. It looks like the balcony is slightly bigger. I would be grateful!

Grady, great pics!

Does anybody know something about the Morgan-sportscar in the promenade? I guess on our april 09-cruise this was an other one... more light blue and there were two passengers inside :-). Our son loved it!

http://picasaweb.google.com/swisscruiser/Cruise200902#5339282339654429154

http://picasaweb.google.com/swisscruiser/Cruise200902#5339282950256946146

Any idea?

Yes! Here's the link to Richard Fain's blog where he writes about the Morgan. :)

http://www.oasisoftheseas.com/chairmans-blog/chairman/whence-cometh-the-car-on-the-royal-promenade/

Can you tell me what is extra $$ on this ship? Here's what I know..Ben & Jerrys (btw-has anyone every had the room w/ the view of the cows a**:eek:), Johnny Rockets, Chops, and I am assuming Seattles. That's the part I'm unsure of because you showed the sandwiches and stuff. Are those extra as well?

Thx for all the great pics.

Can you tell me what is extra $$ on this ship? Here's what I know..Ben & Jerrys (btw-has anyone every had the room w/ the view of the cows a**:eek:), Johnny Rockets, Chops, and I am assuming Seattles. That's the part I'm unsure of because you showed the sandwiches and stuff. Are those extra as well?

No the sandwiches are not extra just the coffee.

Great pics! BTW--what kind of power strip is that? Looks nice and compact.

Nunu got to it before I did, but yes it is a Belkin. I got mine at Circuit City before they went out. Its nice having the three ports plus the 2 powered USB outputs.

Just right click on the ones you like and save them to your computer by selecting Save As, rename them if you wish and browse for a file location to save them to. This could be a already existing folder or a new one created for these shots. They are fairly low resolution (50 to 70 KB) shots for displaying on a monitor but if you have Vista premium or photo software on your computer there is an edit option when viewing pictures that can resize the shot so a quite good 4 X 6 print (usually 100KB minimum file size needed) can be made. Actually I have printed 4 X 6 pictures from file sizes in this range with pretty fair results but equipment for downloading your files at a commercial picture processing location may give you a warning message. Just select ignore or continue.

I sure Glady won't mind if you save his shots for future enjoyment.

I don't mind at all, you guys fell free to save any of them that you like.

hi, can i ask a quick question?

we are also on deck nine aft...did you feel the ship moving more back there?

we have always been mid-ship and was wondering if there was a big difference in the motion you felt.

we are bringing our kids on their first cruise and i am not sure how they are going to react, as far as motion sickness...we booked aft on deck nine because they have the balcony with the inside connecting room.

i am prepared with motion eaze and ginger so even if it is bad i'm hopefully covered:)

We did fell motion, but no more than everywhere else on the ship. It was a constant mild sway since we had fairly rough seas almost all week for some reason. It wasn't bad though, and there was no vibration from the thrusters or Azipods at all.

I'm following along in not-so-quiet anticipation of your next post when BAM! It ends. :( I cannot wait to read more. :D THANKS for posting such a great review and pictures.

Sorry I had to end it, but I was a tired puppy from working yesterday. When I get off of work today I will post up more. Its just going to take a long time to get it all up, since I tried to photograph every inch of a 160,000 ton ship!:D

Also, thanks to everyone for the kind words! I love posting these reviews up. I'm glad you all are enjoying it!

The stuff that I know are pay extra:

Chops

Portofinos

Ben and Jerrys

Seattles Best Coffee

The "fresh squeezed" OJ

The sandwiches and cookies in the Cafe Promenade are free, and very good! As an added bonus they are open 24/7.

Thanks for posting this pictorial review. It really brings back some great memories. We loved Freedom.

You wouldn't happen to be sailing the new Carnival Dream anytime in the near future would you? :) I'd love to see this type of review of Dream before we sail next year. ;)

Thanks for posting this pictorial review. It really brings back some great memories. We loved Freedom.

You wouldn't happen to be sailing the new Carnival Dream anytime in the near future would you? :) I'd love to see this type of review of Dream before we sail next year. ;)

I do have one booked for next year, but I may be able to get some pics up before then. My wife now works for a TA, and might be able to go on one of the ship tours they do for sellers of travel. If she is able to get me some pictures, I will surely post them up.

Sorry I had to end it, but I was a tired puppy from working yesterday. When I get off of work today I will post up more. Its just going to take a long time to get it all up, since I tried to photograph every inch of a 160,000 ton ship!:D

No apologies necessary! I'm just an inpatient soul waiting to get my next fix. ;) Sorry the whole work thing has gotten in your way of posting more. ;) Thanks again!

No apologies necessary! I'm just an inpatient soul waiting to get my next fix. ;) Sorry the whole work thing has gotten in your way of posting more. ;) Thanks again!

Yeah, that work thing always gets between me and my cruises. :rolleyes::D

Archived