Car Finish damaged at Bayonne Parking Sept 2009

muknaw

I got it in a couple days after ordering. Opened it up and it fit like a charm. It has elastic around the edges to hold it on. I'm still going to bring along some bungy cords to ensure it stays on. If you get it let me know how it worked since you are sailing before me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I used the cheap $10 portable cover at Cape Liberty just last week. It did stay on the whole week but there was snow. I used some duct tape around the bottom of my vehicle. I don't know if the overspray problem has been fixed or it was just winter, but I didn't see any evidence of overspray. I will probably buy another $10 cover as I am going to Bermuda on Celebrity at the end of May. Just wanted to update my experience.

bring a long a tarp to cover the car. Is there any port that has covered parking? Most are open lots...just like at the airport.

Parking at Black Falcon (Boston) is in a garage; same with Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale); same with Tampa; Miami has garage parking also; same with Baltimore's old terminal -- not sure about the new one. I am sure there are others also. It is discouraging to hear that Bayonne is still having problems. We have cruised out of there twice without difficulty. I had thought that the overspraying situation had been eliminated.

Ray in NH

No cars parked in the long term lot at Pier 1 in Philly sustain this kind of damage. Another good reason to bring cruises back to Philadelphia? ;)

I'd vote for that.

Unfortunately, most of the current cruise ships are too tall for the bridge clearance into/out of Philly.

Ray in NH

I cannot help but notice that Adam Goldstein does not know the difference between breach and breech. And no I am not just picking on someone. This is someone in authority who should know the difference.

Good luck with your cars. :)

You don't really think Adam Goldstein is personally responding in these e-mails. Do you? I received an e-mail response supposedly from him and the time-stamp on it was 0313 AM. :rolleyes:

Ray in NH

• 2 months later...
You don't really think Adam Goldstein is personally responding in these e-mails. Do you? I received an e-mail response supposedly from him and the time-stamp on it was 0313 AM. :rolleyes:

[font=Comic Sans

Hi Ray,

Wow, sorry to hear all the problems from those who parked at Cape Liberty.

I am thinking of doing just that when we cruise out of there in Oct. and couldn't

believe what I found upon doing a search! Can you update us? did you ever get a response from Adam Goldstein? Are you planning on parking there at the end of this month? If so, please let us know how it goes, thanks!

Ray in NH

[font=Comic Sans

Hi Ray,

Wow, sorry to hear all the problems from those who parked at Cape Liberty.

I am thinking of doing just that when we cruise out of there in Oct. and couldn't

believe what I found upon doing a search! Can you update us? did you ever get a response from Adam Goldstein? Are you planning on parking there at the end of this month? If so, please let us know how it goes, thanks!

Leosmom,

I have never had any problems parking at Bayonne (maybe, that is just dumb luck). My comment was in response to those expecting individual personal e-mail responses from Adam Goldstein to every complaint sent to RCI.

The response I did receive was an obvious form-letter to a situation that I wrote to Mr. Goldstein's office about. I was just stating my perspective on a situation and did not really even expect a reply. So, a form-letter response did not bother me.

We returned to Bayonne this past Sunday, after a cruise to Bermuda. My car was just fine -- well, a bit dirty due to the rain that had fallen whilst we were away and the dust of the port. No one on our cruise thread has mentioned any car damage. Perhaps the paint over-fly situation has been resolved? Now, if they would do something to eliminate the need to use shuttles between the terminal building and the ship. That would be a very welcome change.

Ray in NH

Thanks Ray, sorry I misread your post......I've been reading too many threads in one day :) glad to hear you didn't have any problems this week. We will park at the port but will also buy a cover just in case!

Us future Bayonne cruisers need some updates on this issue.

Hi Jeff,

I can understand the desire for iron-clad assurances, but all I can offer is my personal experience (see post #113 above) in this regard. The three times we have been to this port, we have not had any damage. From this thread, and other threads, it appears that some folks have not been as fortunate. We have one more cruise scheduled from this port -- I hope our luck holds out.

Good Luck with your Bayonne cruise experience.

Ray in NH

I can't believe this is still going on......

We parked in the Bayonne cruise parking lot in 2005. I had a brand new 2005 car, (5 month's old) that was damaged by overspray. The port authority insurance company eventually paid all bills. This included clay cleaning my entire car, replacing all black moulding and paying for a rent a car for $900 plus while the car was being repaired. I think the entire bill was $2,400. This is insane!!!!!!!!!!

My DH said he will never cruise out of Bayonne again, especially after I told him that this is still on ongoing problem.

Good luck to anyone who has the courage to park there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1 year later...

Havent seen any posts in 2011, is the overspray issued stopped? We will sail in the mid of Dec. 2011 for 12 nights with Celebrity. Our vehical most likely will be parked at the port for 12 nights. Any most recent update on this issue will be greatly appreciated.

I think there were some problems earlier in the year like around May or June. But I have not seen anything since then. It seems like Spring and Fall are the problem times.

Here is the link to the thread of the most recent incidents. Looks like the end of May:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1422303

We are leaving on a cruise this Sunday and I'm scared to leave my car there (it was damaged in 2009), but a car service from CT is $330-400 roundtrip and to stay at a hotel the evening before is not an option because my husband has to work.

I am keeping my fingers crossed they will not be doing any painting.

Archived