Chips and guacamole ?

Indianamale

I like local restaurants, so have not eaten at Pancho's Backyard, but it gets good reviews on here. I have seen it and it appears to be festive so might be what you are looking for. It is not on the water, so if you are looking for something fun on the water you might want to ask for suggestions ~ I have seen some places mentioned but cannot remember names. Another option is sitting outside at one of the restaurants in the main square. You could order guacamole and beers and people watch.

I like local restaurants, so have not eaten at Pancho's Backyard, but it gets good reviews on here. I have seen it and it appears to be festive so might be what you are looking for. It is not on the water, so if you are looking for something fun on the water you might want to ask for suggestions ~ I have seen some places mentioned but cannot remember names. Another option is sitting outside at one of the restaurants in the main square. You could order guacamole and beers and people watch.

And for that( people watching) let me suggest Plaza Leza. http://www.islacozumel.net/food/plaza-leza/ or Casa Denis, nearby.

For party atmosphere without the corporate logo and overpriced drinks, try Wet Wendy's in San Miguel. http://www.wetwendys.com/

Thanks for all the ideas, I love the prices at Wet Wendys but I did not see chips and guacamole or slasa on the menu, it's not a must just thought it would be nice to honor a dearly departed family member who loved chips and salsa guacamole and of course beer. Thanks again for all the help.

We had chips and salsa at Three Amigos the other week. It's on the Carnival pier. Can't remember the name of the pier. We walked over from the FOS a couple of blocks away. It was good, don't know if I would call it cheap but better than we get here at home.

We had chips and salsa at Three Amigos the other week. It's on the Carnival pier. Can't remember the name of the pier. We walked over from the FOS a couple of blocks away. It was good, don't know if I would call it cheap but better than we get here at home.

Puerto Maya. We didn't eat at the place but took pics with all the fun props they had outside. It looked like fun. All the prices were in pesos so we were hesitant to eat there.

The food is fantastic at Casa Denis, which is on the "downtown square." I've had several different things to eat there & loved all of it; my wife has had the guac & said it was delicious.

It's been about a year since we were there (we'll be back in 3 weeks); the prices were very reasonable (note they are listed in pesos but they do accept US dollars).

Archived