40lbs in 4 months, anyone else?

gospelle

We are all starting a new weight loss month today. Great luck to all of you!!!

Maria-Don't worry so about the slow weight loss! Pat yourslef on the back, and remember what a great job your doing not smoking!!! Drink lots of water and eat your veggies and fruit and proteins and skim milk products. Go for a walk. It will come off.

Rdrseller-I started buying lots of fresh veggies and have been keeping fresh fruits on hand a long time. Hubby might start getting jealous if he sees you looking good for your cruise! I started cooking breakfast and preparing hubby's lunch. Since we go out for dinner quite often, I've had trouble with that. Somehow eating steamed broccoli, squash, etc. just isn't as appetizing as a baked potato or sweet potato with my steak. (But I did it last week.) I did cook some turkey and red pepper and onion soup. It was quite tasty. Tell your daughter I don't remember ever wearing size 3.

Welcome all the new comers!

Two and a half months till cruise time,YEAH!! I'll be shopping for "skinny clothes".

Hey folks, I'm having some trouble determining the "since Jan 1" weight loss in some instances. when you post, please include a statement indicating the loss since Jan 1.

Also, I have noticed many of you have not posted new information in over a week. If I don't have any new info, I'm assuming you are the same weight. If you don't post after 3 weeks, I'll assume you're not participating anymore and will remove your name. (of course you can always post again to be re-included).

I think the summary helps quantify our efforts and increases our motivation to "climb the ladder" so to speak. At least it does for me. As it is still Thursday morning, I'll assume there will be some weigh in's later today, so I intend to update the list again tonight, but this is where it stands right now with the info I have.

If it is not correct, please update us.

Weight lost since January 1, 2005:

Alpha <gospelle> - 17 lbs

Cruise-thinner-4sure - 13.5 lbs

Cruise 182 - 13 lbs

Cruising grandma - 11 lbs

Mom in Jersey - 10 lbs

Mariapd719 - 8 lbs

PINEVIEW01 - 7 lbs

Mheinrich - 7 lbs

Lazygal - 6 lbs

Lestrela - 5lbs

Rdrseller - ?

sprtswidow - ?

Congratulations everyone on your great success! My husband and I actually started our diets on January 22nd. As of this morning he has lost 6 pounds and I have lost 4 pounds. Not as much as I would like for myself:cool: . But I definitely have more energy and clothes are a little looser. We're trying to loose our weight by exercise and a little change in diet. I'm up to about an average of 4 miles a day on the treadmill, husband does programs.

Good luck in the coming week to everyone!

Sprtswidow

Hello everyone. I am new to this website and I'm so glad I found this thread.

I will be going on a cruise the last week in May. My goal is to be 35 lbs lighter by then. As of January 1st I've lost 9 lbs, (so far so good if I can keep this pace).

I'm not on a specific diet, just trying to eat "better" and control portions. I've been lazy as far as the gym, but I plan to start going back Monday.

Anyway, this is a great support group. It's very encouraging to know there's other people in the same boat (ship?) as me. Thanks for starting this thread, Gospelle! Good luck to everyone.

I forgot to update the list Thursday night. Here it is:

Alpha <gospelle> - 17 lbs

Cruise-thinner-4sure - 13.5 lbs

Cruise 182 - 13 lbs

Cruising grandma - 11 lbs

Mom in Jersey - 10 lbs

Mariapd719 - 9 lbs

PINEVIEW01 - 7 lbs

Mheinrich - 7 lbs

sprtswidow's hubby - 6 lbs

Lazygal - 6 lbs

Lestrela - 5lbs

sprtswidow - 4 lbs

Rdrseller - ?

DONT FEEL BAD, I did not way my self this week i have been sick and PMSing if you want me to be blunt:p

So i did not even etemp to go on the scale this week nor measure my self for how many """ lost

My cruise is in my i have to get back in track with taking off this weight!!!!

liz

"pants are loose, not smoking and feel great" sounds better to me than what the scale reflects. Keep up the good work! Also to the rest of you, as well.

I'm down 1 extra pound, so that's 10lbs since Jan 1. I'm going for 25 more in the next 3-1/2 months. Don't think I'll make it, but I'll try my best.

Sorry I was late posting. I got just swamped with business the last few days and didn't have the time to do any posting. Here's the list: (I've removed a few names I haven't seen in a while. If I've removed yours, please repost, you can still play with us. :p

Alpha <gospelle> - 18 lbs

Stuffic - 10 lbs

Mariapd719 - 9 lbs

Guiltingandcruising 8.8 lbs

Cruising grandma - 8 lbs

PINEVIEW01 - 7 lbs

sprtswidow's hubby - 6 lbs

Lazygal - 6 lbs

Lestrela - 5lbs

sprtswidow - 5 lbs

Rdrseller - ?

The weight above for me is todays weight, not thursday's as I don't remember what I was that day.

Hi everyone

Grandma - dont worry about it. Next week will be better. BTW I passed the smoking test. I was at my cousins house they were all smoking like chimneys (4 of them) and I drank beer and didnt have not even a drag of one.

Stuffic - thanks for the encouragement. Im not breathing as hard when I run and Im not coughing when Im done with my workouts. Its not just the smoking though thats doing it but the repition is making it better too. It would be nice to lose a da*n pound or 2 though to keep me motivated :rolleyes:

Im upping my workout from intense 45- 60 min to atleast 90 mins maybe that will help - plus I think Im going to induldge in 1 carb meal to maybe kickstart it.

So hows everyone doing on the diet. Im still stuck but am going to lower the cheese and veggie intake a bit and give up the tea/coffee again. It was a miserable 2 weeks last time I did it but it may be why Im stuck...my coworkers were not happy to hear about me giving it up again. I must of been a nightmare :eek: Welcome back being miserable, tired and having headaches

Not too good this week. I've had alcohol 3 days which is a no-no. Speaking of alcohol...did anyone see Oprah yesterday? She had a 12-week bootcamp thing she showed and there are rules...for example, no alcohol:(

However, 12 weeks sounds perfect for some of us because of our upcoming cruises.

For more info go to her website (oprah.com). Good luck!

BTW, mariapd719, I think you've exceeded the amount of exercise she suggests. Perhaps you're pushing yourself too hard; make sure your body has a chance to rest, which is important. As far as the scale, I'm sure you're gaining muscle and losing fat, so it's all good.

No good news to report this week. I've remained the same and husband has gained four pounds. However, yesterday was my birthday and family and friends started the celebrating last Saturday. Three cakes, two mexican dinners with margaritas and one spaghetti dinner later, I guess I should be glad I didn't gain anything! But Oh how yummy! Now were off to Vegas and Elton John! What a way to celebrate. Probably won't have good numbers next week either. We'll see. Good luck to everyone else.

Sportswidow

Good morning,

I started a diet 3 weeks ago in preparation for our April cruise. So far I have lost a total of 15 lbs. I am trying to stay away from fats, cheese, bread. I eat homemade eggdrop soup a lot. It's very lowcal and filling.

Hope everyone had a successful week.

;)

No change for me this week.

Alpha <gospelle> - 18 lbs

Melissa - 15 lbs

Mariapd719 - 11 lbs

Stuffic - 10 lbs

Quiltingandcruising 10.6 lbs

Cruising grandma - 8 lbs

PINEVIEW01 - 7 lbs

Lazygal - 6 lbs

Lestrela - 5lbs