Anyone used RoystonTours?

frostycruiser

Whats a good price for the 2 of us?

Im pretty sure the price posted was 20$ per person for an island tour. Our island tour with Royston was 30$ and he gave us lunch, admission to the fortress and drinks. I dont know what would be included on a 20$ island tour. Needless to say i gave Royston 50$ because he went over and above our expectations.

Im pretty sure the price posted was 20$ per person for an island tour. Our island tour with Royston was 30$ and he gave us lunch, admission to the fortress and drinks. I dont know what would be included on a 20$ island tour. Needless to say i gave Royston 50$ because he went over and above our expectations.

Thats a great deal! How many people were in your group?

We have just returned from a cruise where we took a tour with Royston at St Kitts. He took us in his 'open air' van (our choice rather than an air conditioned van) and gave us a lovely tour of the island, ending up at South Friars beach which was very quiet and peaceful. We found him to be very friendly and informative and he took great care of our elderly father, collecting beach umbrellas from his home and providing a chair for our father at the beach. We really enjoyed his company on a great trip.

We just returned from our cruise and our day on St. Kitts with Royston was the highlight of our trip! What a warm and wonderful person! This day was magic--we saw so much and from so many different vantage points--Royston will drive his van anywhere and everywhere! It was just so fun and we highly recommend him.

• 2 weeks later...

After reading the good reviews on cruise critic I decided to book a tour with Royston. There were six of us and he met us at the pier and took us around in his windowless van. He gave us a wonderful time and it was the best day of our holiday.

We visited the fort, the gardens, a disused sugar planatation and much more. We could stay as long as we wished and Royston kept the liquid refreshments going. He took us off the road and we bumped about seeing places on the island that cruise passengers don't usually see.

The view points were breathtaking especially where the Carribean meets the Atlantic. We ended up on the beach. We were out all day long. His charges were very, very reasonable.

Royston is friendly, knowlegable and a very amiable young man. He goes out of his way to give you a really enjoyable day.

Thanks for the recommendation from cruise critc and if you read this and do book him you are in for a real treat.

After reading the good reviews on cruise critic I decided to book a tour with Royston. There were six of us and he met us at the pier and took us around in his windowless van. He gave us a wonderful time and it was the best day of our holiday.

We visited the fort, the gardens, a disused sugar planatation and much more. We could stay as long as we wished and Royston kept the liquid refreshments going. He took us off the road and we bumped about seeing places on the island that cruise passengers don't usually see.

The view points were breathtaking especially where the Carribean meets the Atlantic. We ended up on the beach. We were out all day long. His charges were very, very reasonable.

Royston is friendly, knowlegable and a very amiable young man. He goes out of his way to give you a really enjoyable day.

Thanks for the recommendation from cruise critc and if you read this and do book him you are in for a real treat.

I booked with him for next Febuary. His tour sounds like its for me.

• 1 month later...

My girlfriend and I were in St. Kitts on the Carnival Victory this past Friday (May 6/2011), and we booked a full-day tour with Royston a few days in advance of our arrival.

In summary, Royston's tour is fantastic. Highly recommended if you are looking for a more adventurous and exciting tour of St Kitts. Royston is knowledgeable and friendly; he's more than happy to customize his tour based on your needs/desires. Although his van is a bit dodgy, it only adds to the fun! We got to see the entire island in less than 8 hours, and the price was very reasonable (especially when you consider lunch and admission fees to the fort are included).

A few pictures from our day with Royston... my apologies for the load times, they're a bit big!

2.jpg

1.jpg

5.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

I emailed Royston on Sunday about his availablity for our November cruise and I still haven't heard back. Is it typical for him to take this long to respond? I'm used to private tour operators getting back to me within a day of two.

Joy, I emailed Royston on Wednesday and haven't heard back yet. Please let us know when you do hear back and I will do the same. I did hear from another friend that used him last year and really said she had a good time.

Joy, I emailed Royston on Wednesday and haven't heard back yet. Please let us know when you do hear back and I will do the same. I did hear from another friend that used him last year and really said she had a good time.

Sometimes it takes Royston a few days up to a week to respond back. He does not have internet access at his home. So be patient and wait about a week. If you don't hear from him, send him another inquiry. He IS worth the wait. Once you are on-board w/him, his answers will come quicker.:p

• 1 month later...

Archived