Do all ships broadcast/celebrate Superbowl?

Just wondering what we can expect on our 4 night Navigator cruise in February. The threads I searched mention the Freedom class ships having a big screen in the ice rink with "football food", and the bars have the game on the tvs (minus the commercials).

Anyone know what the shorter cruises might have to offer?

We sailed on Jewel of the Seas while the World Series was being played. Even though we read the channel line-up and the disclaimer in the compass that clearly stated "not all broadcast signals would be available" we were pleasantly surprised to find that every game was on. Some of the games could be viewed in the Sports Bar and/or the Schooner Bar but not in the cabins. There was also a big football game on one of the evenings and they showed that in the Schooner Bar while showing the World Series in the Sports Bar.

I think they will make every effort to have the Superbowl available.

We sailed on Jewel of the Seas while the World Series was being played. Even though we read the channel line-up and the disclaimer in the compass that clearly stated "not all broadcast signals would be available" we were pleasantly surprised to find that every game was on. Some of the games could be viewed in the Sports Bar and/or the Schooner Bar but not in the cabins. There was also a big football game on one of the evenings and they showed that in the Schooner Bar while showing the World Series in the Sports Bar.

I think they will make every effort to have the Superbowl available.

I agree, regarding the Superbowl. On the Liberty they also showed the World Series despite the fact that most people on board couldn't give a crap. In fact, it pre-empted a trivia game that was to take place in the On Air bar.

Two Super Bowls ago we were on the Radiance of the Seas. We watched the game in the Schooner Bar. The crew put up a big screen with a projector tv. It was a fun time.

There were a few TVs with seating around them that small groups of friends had to chair hog hours before the game. Keep that in mind if you want the best seats.

Just wondering what we can expect on our 4 night Navigator cruise in February. The threads I searched mention the Freedom class ships having a big screen in the ice rink with "football food", and the bars have the game on the tvs (minus the commercials).

Anyone know what the shorter cruises might have to offer?

We were on 2 Rccl cruises for Superbowl and they have a buffet set up with hot dogs, chili, chips etc. They showed it on all the TV's in the schooner bar on Brilliance, in the sports bar, and in the main lounge. It was the ESPN's spanish feed with no commercials. Pregame was all spanish but the game call was in english.

Archived