Nov 7th Eastern Trip Report

mom x4,grandma x4

Enjoyed your review. It and the pictures brought back good memories of our Magic cruise this past Easter to the Eastern Caribbean (St. Maarten instead of St. Croix). We did the Coral World and sub tour on St. Thomas too and found this to be a good one. I have a picture of my 9 year old feeding the sting rays which my other two kids would not having anything to do with. Thanks for sharing your experiences and pictures.

Enjoyed your review. It and the pictures brought back good memories of our Magic cruise this past Easter to the Eastern Caribbean (St. Maarten instead of St. Croix). We did the Coral World and sub tour on St. Thomas too and found this to be a good one. I have a picture of my 9 year old feeding the sting rays which my other two kids would not having anything to do with. Thanks for sharing your experiences and pictures.

I never wanted to touch the rays either:o love to look but not touch!

Glad the review brought back good memories for you.:D

• 2 weeks later...
Terrific review Kathy, enjoyed the pictures.

One of these days we will get to meet.

Glad you enjoyed it Chuck.

I agree we will meet up one of these days. It may be at WDW instead of DCL since we seem to miss each other on cruising. Hopefully we will get moved back to Florida soon and will be close to WDW, then IO know we can connect sometime.

Loved your report. Sounds like your suite was awesome!!! Loved the photos.

Kathy

• 2 weeks later...

Kathy, going on the wonder in 2011 the PC cruise and we are thinking of using the DCl bus to get to the pier as South West will fly from our home starting in May so we will fly to Orlando. What time did the bus leave AKL? Did they stop at Kidani Village? What time did you have to be at AKL?

Kathy, going on the wonder in 2011 the PC cruise and we are thinking of using the DCl bus to get to the pier as South West will fly from our home starting in May so we will fly to Orlando. What time did the bus leave AKL? Did they stop at Kidani Village? What time did you have to be at AKL?

Actually we were at the Jumbo house to be picked up. We were told to be there by noon but the day before we received a message we should be there by 10 a.m., but if we couldnt make it until noon that was ok.

So we dashed over early and signed right in, then had to wait until 12:30 to get on the bus to go to the port. If we had known it would still be late to get on the bus we would have gone to a park that morning and arrived at noon. We also stopped at Boardwalk to pick up a couple on the way to the port.

One great thing is, after we got back I read that in the near future DCL bus will be stopping at ALL Disney resorts to pick up guests so they dont have to go to AK to board the bus. So you shouldnt have to worry about moving from your hotel.

Hope that helps you,

Kathy

Great report!!!!!

sigh...I really should do one for our 1st Disney cruise this past May!

Thankyou.

Please do write up a report from your first cruise with photos I hope!!

I love reading others experiences on the ships.

Hope you will take the time to do it. I left out tons of details hoping not to be too long, so you can do any length you want.

Kathy

• 9 months later...

Thank you for the info. I have a couple of questions we are going on the Dream in March and we want to do WDW after our cruise. What would be the best method of transportation to the hotel? We are thinking of staying at the all starmovie resort. What tips can you give us? this is our first time going to Orlando and doing a Disney cruise. All advice is greatly appreciated icon12.gif

Thank you for the info. I have a couple of questions we are going on the Dream in March and we want to do WDW after our cruise. What would be the best method of transportation to the hotel? We are thinking of staying at the all starmovie resort. What tips can you give us? this is our first time going to Orlando and doing a Disney cruise. All advice is greatly appreciated icon12.gif

The All Star Movie resort is a nice place. I stayed there last November for a few days.

Avis and Thrifty both have car rental places at Port Canaveral (Cocoa Beach area) if you want to rent a car. They have shuttles to pick you up at the terminal and take you to the rental place and you can return it to the airport when your trip is done. You can google them to see prices.

Its not a hard drive to do but have money for toll booths.

Myself just for the sake of not having to worry about taking a wrong turn or just the stress of driving in Florida traffic. ( I lived there 9 years and it can be bad) I would book Disneys own buses from the terminal to the parks. By the time you pay for the gas of a rental and for renting it for the days your staying at the parks its actually chaeaper to do the Disney transportation unless your a large group.

Then you take the Magical express to the airport for free when your done at WDW.

I do know AAA had a car rental place near Magic Kingdom but I dont know if you can return a rental there isntead of taking it to the airport to save you some $$.

BEACHLINE TRANSPORTATION is also an option

Shuttles/Coaches

*12 passenger vans

*25 passenger mini buses

*39 passenger w/wheel chair lift

*49/55 passenger coaches

Car Service and Limousines

*Lincoln town car

*Lincoln navigator

*10 passenger Lincoln Stretch

*10 passenger Chrysler 300

*16 passenger Hummer

*18 passenger Escalade

Prices vary by number of passengers.

A 10% discount is offered if clients mention the Cruise Critic boards

We serve all Cocoa Beach area hotels

We serve all Florida airports including Orlando, Melbourne, Sanford, Tampa, Miami and Fort Lauderdale International Airports.

We offer service to/from most Florida cruise ports.

Beach Line Transportation

321-453-9660

www.beachlinetransportation.net

Or you can write Glenn personally at info@beachlinetransportation.net

Hope this helps you some. But as i said just for convience of being in a new area I would just call the cruise line and book their bus to WDW.

I am sure they still offer this service.

Kathy

Archived