Got one of 'THOSE' questions??

*Mach*

I suspect not...

We saw an email from Carnival that indicated that Miami would be the first port to implement it, followed by the rest of the ports...

Hi,

So is it right to assume that it won't be implemented by the 2/6/10 sailing from Port Canaveral?

Mach can you ask someone at Carnival if there are any plans in the future to scale back the size on one of their new ships or are they going to stick with the bigger is better philosophy?

I'll be glad to. Folks will be back in the office early next week and I'll make a few inquires.

I'm betting that we'll see at least one additional Dream Class before we see anything else.

The tough part about it is that it doesn't cost that much more to move a Dream Class ship through the water than it does a Fantasy Class... Scaling back the size of the ship would require higher fares and likely higher prices on board...

:)

I'll be glad to. Folks will be back in the office early next week and I'll make a few inquires.

I'm betting that we'll see at least one additional Dream Class before we see anything else.

The tough part about it is that it doesn't cost that much more to move a Dream Class ship through the water than it does a Fantasy Class... Scaling back the size of the ship would require higher fares and likely higher prices on board...

I agree and am sure that is the reason for the larger ships. I wonder how a new, smaller, more expensive cruise would do for Carnival if they offered one? Especially to attractive ports? I bet it would be a home run, but it ain't my money building it...

(and I know they have the other lines for that but it'd still be interesting to see)

My friend at the port didnt give me a date but it was said in the past tense "they have started". I would assume that it was the Jan 28th sailing as that was the last time the ship was in NOLA.

Dave

Ok...We came back on Jan 28th

I am pretty sure plenty made it through on our sailing.

Hi Mach,

Is there any way to find out which ships have piano bars that are non-smoking?

I would definitely like to plan a cruise based on this (realizing that it could change :()

Thanks!

Hi, John

Not even the Carnival Dream is completely smoke free in the piano bar.

I'll ask and post the answer here.

Hi Mach,

Anything back from Carnival? Maybe I should post the question on John's blog?

Leaving on Saturday on the Liberty & need to know if you purchase a soda card does this include diet sprite?????

Yes it does and diet Coke too. They are served in glasses and unless you drinks about 10-12 glasses a day, it is cheaper to just buy the soda and forget the card. Another cheaper way is bring a water bottle and those diet crystal light singles to put in them. Ice tea, water, coffee tea and non diet lemonade are free. We also found that sometimes, especially during the day, it was hard to find a bar open to use the soda card. Found myself running all over the ship to find the one bar open to get a soda off my card.

Yes it does and diet Coke too. They are served in glasses and unless you drinks about 10-12 glasses a day, it is cheaper to just buy the soda and forget the card. Another cheaper way is bring a water bottle and those diet crystal light singles to put in them. Ice tea, water, coffee tea and non diet lemonade are free. We also found that sometimes, especially during the day, it was hard to find a bar open to use the soda card. Found myself running all over the ship to find the one bar open to get a soda off my card.

Actually the break down would be closer to 3 glasses a day to break even with the soda card.

Dave

Hi Mach,

I have called Bon Voyage 4 different times and have gotten 2 different answers 2 times each. LOL Was wondering if you can tell me if on the ship or thru Bon Voyage if the Coors Light comes in aluminum cans or the plastic bottles?

I know it seems trivial but DH doesnt like to drink from the cans so we were trying to figure it out first.

Thanks,

Archived