Suggestions for Shore Excursions

ilovhywd

I agree. We were on the Jan 5 Star Princess Around the Horn, and selected the 4 day overland shore excursion was the highlight of our trip, along with our own independent trip to iguazzu falls. It was a perfect blend of land and cruise, especially since the weather on that trip wasn't very good for those who stayed on the ship.

Hi Again luv4quilting

I forgot to ask but I was wondering what it cost you roughly speaking for Jamie's tour that you did.

Will do re: Patrick !!!

Thanks

Hi again Dougo,

Jaime's prices are based on the number of passengers. We had 9 people for the Osorno Adventure and had a very nice Mercedes van for all of us. We paid approx. $100 each for tour including the zip line. But best to check with Jamie to make sure there haven't been any price changes. If you send me your email, I'll forward some photos we took from the tour. It was fantastic! My email is luv4quilting@comcast.net.

We just returned from the Infinity Valpoaiso to Buenos Aries cruise and in Ushuaia we used Mario Miraglia for a national park tour. His rate for a three hour tour was $120 for fourpeople plus admission to the Park. So $30 perperson. He speaks excellent English and took us to all the important sites--La Patiaia Bay, La Roca Lake and another beautiful area.He does other tours of the area also. His emailaddress is Mariomiraglia@hotmail.com. kathy :)

We used Mario Miraglia twice in Ushuaia. Once on the 11 of January to the mountains and lake in a van. The second time on January 20 to Tierra del Fuego National Park, in a large car that easily held four persons. His English was great and the price was outstanding. 120 for the car plus entrance fees to the park. We were never rushed, and were encouraged to hike more than six trails in the park. We stopped and watched the train at the station. Then we went to the city overlook, then up to the glacier and chairlift. Finally he dropped us at a local supermarket--our request. mariomiraglia@hotmail.com Enjoy

Hi again Dougo,

Jaime's prices are based on the number of passengers. We had 9 people for the Osorno Adventure and had a very nice Mercedes van for all of us. We paid approx. $100 each for tour including the zip line. But best to check with Jamie to make sure there haven't been any price changes. If you send me your email, I'll forward some photos we took from the tour. It was fantastic! My email is luv4quilting@comcast.net.

Thanks very much for the information and apologies for not getting back to you sooner

cheers

Heather

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

We were on the Veendam with Photofoot, but we took the 35 day trip San Diego to Rio. I will try to answer any questions about the following ports: Manta, Salaverry, Lima, La Serena/ Coquimbo. Then the usual ones around Cape Horn.

Jill (and Joe)

Jill,

Would you mind telling me what you did in Manta. We will be there next April on the Royal Princess and I would appreciate any information on guides etc.

Jennie

I am just starting to find out about this part of our cruise. We have been to Peru before visiting Cusco and Machu Pichu but have only been in transit in Lima airport, so this is a whole new world for us and any information is a bonus.

Jennie

Here is Lima in a nutshell

Jill,

Would you mind telling me what you did in Manta. We will be there next April on the Royal Princess and I would appreciate any information on guides etc.

Jennie

We took an expensive but worthwhile and somewhat unique ship excursion (Holland America). We went to Machalilla National Park south of Manta. Los Frailes beach and an Indian village were in the park. Also we had a nice lunch by the ocean. It was a long day and some people said too long in the coach but it would be too far to risk going with a private driver. But we were just one bus load so peaceful.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Wow, what a great thread - so full of fantastic information !!

Can anyone please tell me if they have been to Puerto Montt, Chile and if so, what they did? Any private shore excursions ? Recommendations?

Your help would be appreciated - thank you

Heather and Brian

Like others have said the lake District is a must. Depending on time available Chiloe is wonderful. We spent 5 days there travelling to so many small islands. Picturesque wooden churches, houses on stilts and great seafood.

I can recommend GV Tours without hesitation. They provided us with a wonderful day of touring.We left the city and visited Fruitillar,Puerto Varas on Lake Lago Llanquihue. After lunch we went to Vicente Perez Rosales National Park and the Petrohue Falls and Rapids. Everything was was planned and enjoyable. You can contact them at:jahdencol@msn.com Remember that this information is now two years old.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived