Cruise Critic Community
Aplmac

Post your memorable St. KITTS PICS HERE!

Absolutely NO need to stay on the ship - in fact, you would be missing so much of the beauty of St. Kitts. There are many wonderful tour guides, just choose one in advance - we used Thenford Grey. They are very reputable and will have your best interests at heart. After all, this is their livelihood. Must-sees are Romney Manor and especiallythe Brimstone Fortress.

Absolutely NO need to stay on the ship - in fact, you would be missing so much of the beauty of St. Kitts. There are many wonderful tour guides, just choose one in advance - we used Thenford Grey. They are very reputable and will have your best interests at heart. After all, this is their livelihood. Must-sees are Romney Manor and especiallythe Brimstone Fortress.

Thank you for the advice. I always look forward to new ports but I also always look to these boards for tips and precautions. I can't wait to see the island now!

St. Kitts is wonderful. We went in 2010 and 2011 and went with Thenford Grey both times. He was excellent and we loved out time there.

I understand the taxi costs $30 and takes 30 minutes to reach Cockleshell Beach. We plan to go there too. Hope this helps your plans. :cool:

It would be so much better to book a tour like with Thenford Grey. You can see Brimstone and Romney Manor and also go to Cockleshell. I was really not that impressed with the beach but he will take you to all the places for not much more than the cab fare. It is a long way to the beach and it is a difficult road.

It would be so much better to book a tour like with Thenford Grey. You can see Brimstone and Romney Manor and also go to Cockleshell. I was really not that impressed with the beach but he will take you to all the places for not much more than the cab fare. It is a long way to the beach and it is a difficult road.

lrtjs5: You said you weren't that impressed with Cockleshell beach. Can you tell me more or why? Some of the pictures of it on here are beautiful. We leave on Saturday and are thinking of going here for the day now.

Thanks.

lrtjs5: You said you weren't that impressed with Cockleshell beach. Can you tell me more or why? Some of the pictures of it on here are beautiful. We leave on Saturday and are thinking of going here for the day now.

Thanks.

It was ok....in a remote area.....there were cabanas to rent and it was clean. I guess it was just not as pretty as some other beaches but I did enjoy the hour or so we were there. There were water things to rent too. I just don't think I would want to spend my whole time in St. Kitts there. Romney Manor and Brimstone were just so beautiful. A tour that includes all 3 is just perfect.

I guess your ages and preferences would have a lot to do with it. I like to see as much as I can when I visit and also like some beach time too.

Thank you for responding so quickly, especially since I leave on Saturday.

I don't know about those other two things you mentioned but I'll look into them. I've seen some pictures of the Fortress on here that other people have posted.

I appreciate your opinion of Cockleshell. I am also considering Sandcastle Beach (since it's right near the ship), Shipwreck beach, or the new Carambolla Beach Club, although I hear it's expensive. We like beautiful beaches and I could spend an entire day sitting on a beach.

Thanks.

To NicoleinNJ: Just to clarify, there isn't a Sandcastle Beach in St. Kitts. The closest beach to the pier would be South Frigate Bay (or Timothy) Beach. This would be about a 10 minute taxi ride from the pier, but in my opinion if you are going strictly for a beach experience, this isn't the greatest. South Friars or Cockleshell are much better choices.

Thank you for responding so quickly, especially since I leave on Saturday.

I don't know about those other two things you mentioned but I'll look into them. I've seen some pictures of the Fortress on here that other people have posted.

I appreciate your opinion of Cockleshell. I am also considering Sandcastle Beach (since it's right near the ship), Shipwreck beach, or the new Carambolla Beach Club, although I hear it's expensive. We like beautiful beaches and I could spend an entire day sitting on a beach.

Thanks.

I vote for the shipwreck bar in south friars. Get there early for loungers, but you may get hounded for massages, just say no if you dont want them. Black sand beach, good snorkeling, and beers 15 dollars a bucket. We loved it! Cab ride 16 dollars one way, for the 3 of us. Cheaper on the way back, with more people. James Bond taxi and tour service. He will take you anywhere you want. Wish I knew how to get pics on here. We took a thousand, Ill have to work on it. Hope this helps.

Here are some photos I took at Cockleshell Beach near the Raggae Bar on the south end of the beach:

IMG_0967.jpg

Good snorkeling close to the rocks past the sailboat and floating dock

Beach chairs and umbrellas rent for $5.00 each:

IMG_0983.jpg

Looking the other direction toward the north end of the beach:

IMG_0970.jpg

Paradise!:

IMG_0971.jpg

Thanks everyone for the info.

I didn't know Shipwreck on South Friars was a black sand beach. I assume thay new fancy beach club is the same. My husband prefers white sand and clear water. Those pics of Cockleshell Beach looks like it fits the bill.

I must be confusing the Sandcastle name with another island.

Thanks.

I didn't know Shipwreck on South Friars was a black sand beach. I assume thay new fancy beach club is the same. My husband prefers white sand and clear water. Those pics of Cockleshell Beach looks like it fits the bill.

Thanks.

Carambolla beach club is at the other end of the beach from the shipwreck bar.

Great pics everyone, thank you!

Sorry, off topic here. Does anyone know how they post the pics? I've tried copy and past but it doesnt work and when I use "manage attachments" it comes out like this.

countdown.pl?image=Beach-10&name=cojuqui&date=6-10-2012&text=Countin

PAST CRUISES:

Celebrity Solstice 6/26/09 Eastern Mediterranean

Carnival Conquest 08/10/10 Eastern Caribbean

fteliamykonos.jpg.26b653bc8fa10e99549fc03124528b82.jpg

Edited by cojuqui

Thanks.

Here is a photo of So. Friar's Beach at the Shipwreck. This photo is facing towards the Carambola Beach Club. I like the Shipwreck area, $10.00 for 2 lounge chairs under the straw umbrellas. The beach is not black sand. We paid $4.00 per person to and from the beach for van to the beach. There were lots of people going to the beach, so the cab ride was less since we all shared the cab ride.DSC_1580.jpg

Sorry, off topic here. Does anyone know how they post the pics? I've tried copy and past but it doesnt work and when I use "manage attachments" it comes out like this.

I upload my pictures to my free photobucket account. Then get the image code, copy, and paste in a reply.

Let me know if you need more detailed info. :)

I upload my pictures to my free photobucket account. Then get the image code, copy, and paste in a reply.

Let me know if you need more detailed info. :)

Great, I will give that a try. Thanks so much for you help. I am so excited to go cruisin'.

countdown.pl?image=Beach-10&name=cojuqui&date=6-10-2012&text=Countin

PAST CRUISES:

Celebrity Solstice 6/26/09 Eastern Mediterranean

Carnival Conquest 08/10/10 Eastern Caribbean

Here is a photo of So. Friar's Beach at the Shipwreck. This photo is facing towards the Carambola Beach Club. I like the Shipwreck area, $10.00 for 2 lounge chairs under the straw umbrellas. The beach is not black sand. We paid $4.00 per person to and from the beach for van to the beach. There were lots of people going to the beach, so the cab ride was less since we all shared the cab ride.DSC_1580.jpg

Take me back! Please....

Thank you everyone for posting this AWESOME pictures of St Kitts!!! We can't wait to go to St Kitts! Looks like a beautiful island!