Weirdest cruise line souvenir?

Erica@cruisecritic

Maybe not high on the wierdness scale, but a model of the Tahitian Princess... while I was on board the Caribbean Princess. The CB was having a 50 percent off sale and the Tahitian Princess was among the items, presumably because they were going to rename her the Ocean Princess. (They also had postcards and photo albums in the sale that bore a name other than the Caribbean Princess.)

While I love the idea of a fragrance, MSC better be careful as there are people who are highly allergic to fragrances of any sort. We have a ban in our work suite on any type of fragranced items: perfume, aftershave, deodorant, etc. Nothing of this type is to be worn into the office!

I am one those people, referenced by OTCSTEVE, who cannot tolerate any fragrance what so ever. Our house is chemical free. There is ample and emerging research that shows chemically based fragrances cause cancer and auto-immune disorders. Many countries in Europe have banned fragrances except those consisting of botanical or natural oils. Besides people like me with Multiple Chemical Sensitivities (MCS), there is a whole element of our population that is not supposed to be exposed to fragrance and other chemicals, and that is cancer survivors. My wife works at a cancer medical facility and all perfume, cologne, & fragrances are banned as a means to protect those patients receiving cancer treatment.

If people haven't noticed, cancer is being diagnosed at alarming rates in younger and younger people. I'm convinced a major reason for this is the onslaught of chemicals placed in many domestic (USA) products. Just over the past few days, National Public Radio has been reporting on the elevated levels of dangerous chemicals in our lakes and ponds.

Shame on MSC for introducing a health hazard to their employees and passengers. It would be interesting to run blood tests on all employees before the perfume is introduced ship wide and then 6 months later. I suspect you will see elevated levels in several auto-immune markers because their livers are having trouble detoxing the chemicals they are breathing 24-7.

Deeply Disappointing & Troubling. Count me out.

Archived