• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Majesty Menu

salty dingo

I read all the Majesty menus that Greg posted on his website, and are leaning toward eating in Le Bistro on the Italian night. That appears to be my least favorite menu.

[Of course, the nicest-dressed and fanciest menu in the main dining room is during the Super Bowl, so that will be something to see. I am going to try and get my dad to wear a tie, we'll see about that.]

Does anyone have a most or least favorite menu on the Majesty? If so, why?

The food on President's night is great. Especially the Floating Islands dessert!

Basketballmom, are we related? Jeepers, you and I have identical opinions about darned near everything! :confused:

We even live in adjoining states, and thus are both massochists (no pun intended - I'm referring to the brutal winters:eek: ).

Only difference I can come up with is that I am more of a Golf Mom than a Basketball Mom (although I have been that in the past as well.)

The way I look at it, I have already paid for the meals in the main DR, why waste it? But then I know how to eat early in the main DR and eat late at the Bistro. Best of both worlds? You bet! And I don't have to hear the next day about the wonderfull XXXX I missed at the main DR because I ate elsewhere. You shouldn't have to make descisions while on vacation. Just go for it.

I have also looked at the menus ala Greg. (Thanks so much for posting them, Greg.) I have even cross-referenced them to the Majesty Daily's posted at <http://cruiseclues.com/shipstips/norwegianmajesty.htm> to prove that I am a former librarian! Last March, my husband and I ate in Le Bistro on the night they served lobster in the Dining Room. Don't want to make that mistake again although eating in two restaurants for dinner doesn't sound bad, either. Le Bistro is worth it because of the chocolate fondue desert if for no other reason. I have purchased the "honneymoon" package for DH and myself and also for my 26-year-old son and his girlfriend who are sailing with us to celebrate my husband's 60th birthday. Although I don't want the honeymoon label to encourage any wedding bells for my son, I thought the deal was a good one with the Le Bistro meal and essentaily two bottles of wine. We are considering eating in the Italian Restaurant on the evening of embarkation to avoid any first night lines/confusion in Seven Seas or Four Seasons. Other posters have raved about the President's night menu but it doesn't look that great to me. Opinions?

Happy Day -- Joanne

I thought it was fun going to dinner the first night. I was surprised and pleased to learn all dress code rules are 'off' on the first night of the cruise.

bytheway, the Four Seasons is just plain better than the Seven Seas. I mean, even the names, one sounds like a luxury hotel the other sounds like bottled salad dressing. I realize the food come from a shared kitchen but the atmosphere os nicer - darker - quieter - in the Four Seasons. People will tell you they're the same. Ha! those are the people who want you to go to the SS while they go to the FS. Besides the SS is open for breakfast and lunch and the FS isn't so you'll have plenty of chances to eat there.

Thanks Greg....first time I heard the Four Seasons was only open for dinner...great to find that out ahead of time...but then again, alot of what I have read says the Seven Seas has more larger tables for big groups, what sort of info do you have on that??

Lena, The four seasons does have one large table, I think it held 11.

Greg, I wholeheartedly agree, 4 seasons is a much nicer, calmer, atmosphere, though 7 seas has a more sweeping view, and is MUCH better than the buffet for lunch, but can take a while if at a large table.

The presidents menu meal was fantastic. The butterflied beef was wonderful, and the gruyere crepes fondue was fantastic (basically cheese rolled up in a crepe and deep fried, what's not to like?:o ). I did try the vegetarian risotto, and didn't like it... way too salty for my taste... I had the garden salad but don't remember it being special, and I think this was the one night of the cruise I didn't have desert;)

You should make a point to check out the italian restaraunt as well as an option for any night you aren't thrilled with the dining room... their menu changes nightly and you need reservations (but there's no fee) so it can be a trick to coordinate the night you need with the menu you want... but it was wonderful the night we went (who would have thought that dill pickles would taste good in beef stroganoff?!?)

Have fun!

Archived