Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TxStacey

Conquest past, present, and future cruisers

Hey Conquest cruisers past, present ,and future..would love to hear from you. If you are a past Conquest, how was your experience? Where did you stay in New Orleans pre-cruise? What excursions did you do? What was your favorite part of the cruise? Least favorite? Future Conquest cruisers, same questions but what are your plans for pre-stay, what excursions do you have planned? What other cruises have you done? Let's hear from you!!! Our group of 21 will be on the June 26 sailing! Just now in the planning stages regarding hotel and excursions. Would love to get some insight! Thanks

I realized later that there was an old post that had this same title, however, it doesn't hurt to revive it!!! Can't wait to hear from you all! We had one similiar last year when we cruised on the Elation and it was a great way to be connected to those traveling on the same ship!!

I am taking my 2 children ages 10boy,12 girl -7/31 and my friend is taking her daughter 13. We are single moms. I have been on Disney 3 years ago and Royal Carribean line as a child twice. Not sure where we are staying in NO- but probably in the quarter that has free transport to the port. We each got a balcony guarantee room. Excursions we are looking at so far are: Montego Bay-Horseback riding-both girls are riders and want to ride on beach- are looking at ship excursion and A-Z Jamaica Planners, we also want to go to Margaritaville, from reading boards Barrett Adventures and A to Z Jamaica Planners are great!! Grand Cayman- we'll do a stingray tour -probably with Buccaneer, Captain Marvin or Bryan, Cozumel- friend is doing dolphin swim and we may do sea lion swim-haven't heard much back on it but mine did dolphin swim last year in Orlando.also thought about Catamaran sail n snorkel but it's too similar to Buccaneer.

has anyone gotten any good deals for pre-stay in NO for the summer? Would love to get the Hilton deal but from posts here, it sounds like the price has gone way up. ANy other suggestions?

Hi!

We did the Conquest Labor Day weekend '03 and had a ball. Since we were never to NO we stayed 4 days ahead right on Bourbon St. at the Royal Sonesta. The floor we were supposed to be on was being renovated, so they asked if a SUITE would be OK instead. Great hotel, very cordial. The head concierge is Mel, class act!

Al

Yes, the $99 Hilton deal doesn't exist anymore. We are going March 13 and staying at the Drury Inn for $90. To avoid the parking hassle, and on the advice of some nice people here, we are parking at Machu Picchu and letting them fight the traffic for us. Plus, it's less expensive than the cruise parking.

In Jamaica we are going to buy day passes to Sandals and go to Margaritaville. Grand Cayman we are doing the stingray tour through Capt Marvins. And Cozumel, again, we're going to an all inclusive beach and then to Carlos & Charlies. Not very exciting excursions to some, but we're more "hang out on a beach, sipping a drink" vacationers. :)

We're doing the laid back thing as well. Sunrise Beach in Jamaica, Capt. Marvin's stingray tour and then sea grape beach in GC, and Paradise Beach in Coz. We can't wait!

Hey, so far, we are doing the horseback in Montego Bay, hopefully the Royal Dolphin Swim in Cozumel, and still undecided on Grand Cayman, may just enjoy the beaches there. We are staying prestay in NO at the Embassy Suites, heard they have a really nice breakfast included in the price.

Is the $99 for two people at the Hilton done for good or just during Mardi Gras? We stayed there for $139 because our older daughter was over l8. We were honest.

Let's see, last year we did the Rosehall Mansion tour with the cruise line. They then take you shopping at two places. In Montego Bay, you can walk off the ship, go through the terminal and take a left. There is a little shopping area there also (besides the couple stores in the terminal). Go to the first store on your left inside the terminal. They give you free cheap necklaces as you go in.

We did shopping in Cozmuel since we had seen the ruins. Took a taxi to downtown. I think it was about $10 for four of us.

In Grand Cayman we did the stingray tour with Soto Cruises.

No complaints about the ship. Had a great time.

Bluejeans- is the horseback riding in M. Bay or Ocho Rios-I'm having a hard time finding that out. when do you go? I'd love a report on it when you return.

Past & future Conquest cruiser here plus I visit NOLA several times a year. Conquest is my favorite ship so far. We usually stay at Hilton-Riverside. Join Hilton Honors club or if you are a gambler...try www.harrahs.com site for possible discounts on rooms. Hilton price depends on season & events or conventions at the time. I have stayed there in mid July for $71 a night. It all depends on date.

You might also try www.nola.com or www.neworleansonline for additional info. I used Priceline last time & got Radisson on Canal. Have also stayed at Doubletree & Ramada Inn on Bourbon. Just do your homework and try to stay on streetcar line. Easy access to most anywhere that way. Lots of nice hotels available & a wonderful city to visit.

Sky Bar at back of ship was our favorite gathering place for Meet & Greet sailaway party and also last stop for late night pizza when the disco closes.

Have fun but please leave the ship in one piece.....I will be back on it soon. :D

Bluejeans- is the horseback riding in M. Bay or Ocho Rios-I'm having a hard time finding that out. when do you go? I'd love a report on it when you return.

the horseback riding is in MoBay, I found that one on the carnival excursions. We will be going 3/20.

Bluejeans - Where did you read that it's in Mo Bay. I can't find that on the excursion description.

hlsess, i will give a review upon my return. Havent heard too much about it, but anytime i'm not at work is a good time.....

Thanks my imagination- i for some reason thought it was closer to Ocho Rios-reading from their chukkacarribean.com

We stayed at the Monteleone. A nice hotel in the quarter, with a pool on the roof (didn't use it). Got the price thru http://www.travelaxe.com (very good for hotels in NOLA- but not necessarily the lowest price). You can walk to the Riverside mall from there, but not to the pier with your bags. I heard that the Canal street trolley is operating again. If you're looking for a good italian restuarant with fine italian wines, try Carmelo's on Decatur. And say hi to my daughter Jess. Have a great cruise.

BrendaB1...Have you already booked your cruise for 10/15/06 we are also going in Oct. but they tell me the prices arn't avalible yet...

Hello all.. We are cruising on Conquest on March 6th for Spring break vacation with the kids.. Me and my boyfriend actually cruised on Conquest in Oct 2003 and had a great time.. We had taken our kids in Feb 2002 on Jubilee and wanted to take them on a cruise on a larger, newer ship and after cruising on Conquest we knew this was the one we wanted to take them back to.. We live in Texas and because there are so many of us do not want to fly so we are limited to where we can sail from and its either Galveston or New Orleans.. This will be our 5th cruise and normally we drive straight down and get right on the ship.. however we are normally exhausted so decided this time we will head down the day before and stay in a hotel.. We are staying at Four Points Sheraton.. I went thru hotwire and this wasnt really where I wanted but you never know what you'll get and this was what we got.. By the pictures it doesnt look at all bad.. We plan on visiting the aquarium while in NO.. This will be our first balcony cabin.. we actually have 2 because there are so many of us.. but we cant wait!!.. We plan on going to Sunset Beach in MoBay.. Nativeway stingray excursion in Grand Cayman and then go shopping and then doing the dolphin swim in Cozumel.. This is gonna be the best cruise yet.. We wont be cruising for a few years because next year and the year after will be DisneyWorld as we want to visit before my youngest gets too old and she hasnt had the opportunity to go there yet and with so many of us we cant afford to go on Disneycruise, so its a land vacation.. So far we have been on Pride, Jubilee, Conquest, Holiday and then will be doing Conquest again.. I cant believe we are finally under 2 months!! Its going really fast now..

We will be sailing on the Conquest 2/6/05. Does anyone know if there will be a Super Bowl Party? This our second cruise on the Conquest and I don't recall that it has a sports bar. For those of you planning: don't miss The Point Restaurant on the ship, the Dunn's River Falls excursion is a very long ride from the port of Montego Bay, definately go to Sting Ray City, and the best shopping is in Cozumel by far! Carole

Yes, the $99 Hilton deal doesn't exist anymore. We are going March 13 and staying at the Drury Inn for $90. To avoid the parking hassle, and on the advice of some nice people here, we are parking at Machu Picchu and letting them fight the traffic for us. Plus, it's less expensive than the cruise parking.

In Jamaica we are going to buy day passes to Sandals and go to Margaritaville. Grand Cayman we are doing the stingray tour through Capt Marvins. And Cozumel, again, we're going to an all inclusive beach and then to Carlos & Charlies. Not very exciting excursions to some, but we're more "hang out on a beach, sipping a drink" vacationers. :)

In Jamaica, we are going to Sunset Beach Resort for all inclusive for the day for $20. Only a $5 cab ride. Great deal and have heard many raves about it. Maybe something to consider.

Can someone please tell me about flight times after cruise? Our choice is either 12:00 or 4:50. We'd really like to get on home- some say you'd probably make it but there's always that chance you won't. Carnival said 50/50 chance. she said boat docks at 8 a.m. and it takes 2 hours for customs to do whatever before anyone can get off. anyone had a flight around 12. What should I do? We could always go to the zoo or aquarium but what do we do with our luggage?