Prinsendam 2005 World Tour... it has begun

Grumpy1

Dear Grumpy:

I am on next years World Voyage leaving Lauderdale on Jan 5th. One of the few common itinerary portions with your odyssey is the amazon. I am particularly interested in your pics of that leg. Will you be posting them soon or ever? Your travel blog became addictive and I really miss it but have bought 1000 satellite minutes so hope to do one similar for family and friends.

Many thanx

IOM

Grumpy......... is that you and Slinky pictured on page 21 of the Fall 2005 Mariner magazine? It is a very fine picture even if you are sailing under the assuned names of Smith. In any event they obviously are the best lookers on those two pages.

Guilty as charged, hapagcolumbus... and thanks for the compliment. Too bad they didn't get the names right, though...:D

Dear Grumpy:

I am on next years World Voyage leaving Lauderdale on Jan 5th. One of the few common itinerary portions with your odyssey is the amazon. I am particularly interested in your pics of that leg. Will you be posting them soon or ever? Your travel blog became addictive and I really miss it but have bought 1000 satellite minutes so hope to do one similar for family and friends.

Many thanx

IOM

OK, Slinkie and Grumpy are settled back in here in Florida, so Grumpy had better get the last albums posted. Thanks for the reminder. Will you be posting on a CruiseCritic thread, or as private Email for family and friends?

I look forward to the remaining pictures. I probably will post on a CC Board but am somewhat intimidated because your a tough act to follow. Somewhere in your thread I remember someone else said they were going to emulate you by describing the 2006 World Voyage but I suppose two blogs can be accommodated. Might be neat to get two perspectives.

I have started a CC Roll Call for the cruise but as yet not one reply. I wonder if we will have the Prinsendam to ourselves.

Thanks again.

IOM

Karen and Bob (atseadaze) are planning on being on the 2006 GWV and doing a commentary. It will be good if you both do commentaries... different perspectives on the same events are always interesting... Slinkie did a journal for family and friends but did not put it on the web. She should have, though... it was very good and from a little.. well... maybe a lot different perspective than Grumpy's journal.

Hi there Grumpy and Slinkie!!

Bet you're really GLAD to be back in Florida again!! It's frrrrreezing up here in Michigan!! Low last night was 18 degree's and that was with NO WIND ChILL!! :eek: Enjoy the weather even if the Natives do say it's COLD when it gets into the 70's! WIMPS!! :p

Just wanted to say that I've enjoyed looking at the "Pictures" of the World Cruise!! After all, I felt like I was right there with you at every Kodak Moment!! It was fun following you two around the world!! Someday if my LOTTO TICKET comes in I'll be able to do the same!!

Take care and have a FUN WEEKEND!! Tell Slink I said hello!! (Kathie says hello that is)

Hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving. I will be thinking of you as we board the Prinsendam in Ft. Lauderdale, heading for Brizal and the Amazon.

Again thank you Grumpy for all your postings and pictures. It has been wonderful following you all year and helped to make our trip more exciting, knowing that you were on "our" ship.

Thank, BJ

Slinkie...........come on now please post your Journal. I want my husband to read it so badly. He saw me reading different things from Grumpy's post of your World cruise and I even showed him some of the pictures, but he LOVES to read and it would so nice of you to share!!

take out the obivous ** ### and and when you get to "DET" that's the start of my e-mail address. I think Grumpy has it too. Try e-mailing it to me.

*****Detserb @*******hotmail.com Thanks

I just don't want a bunch of SPAM so that's why the caution with the e-mail address.

CruisingGranny or BJ...........Do you plan on posting while on your cruise?? It would be nice if you could keep us up to day on where you're at and what you're doing. HAVE FUN.......HOLD ONTO YOU PURSE AND CAMERA AT ALL TIMES!! :rolleyes:

I could never begin to follow grumpy's postings. He has such a flair for words.

• 3 weeks later...

But threads such as this one have a big impact on us other pax. We decided to do the world cruise with HAL in 07 and also to sail on Prinsendam in 06 to west Africa—based on all the good feedback from this post. Not only do we learn from the mistakes of others but from their successes as well.

I probably will post on a CC Board but am somewhat intimidated because your a tough act to follow. Somewhere in your thread I remember someone else said they were going to emulate you by describing the 2006 World Voyage but I suppose two blogs can be accommodated. Might be neat to get two perspectives.

I

Oh, please ... please post. I hope five different people post from such a wonderful cruise!

There are loads of us who read these boards who really, really appreciate reading travelogues from such exotic trips because that is the only way we can take them right now. So, please ... don't worry about how many others post travelogues from the same voyage. We love to read them ALL!

Blue skies ...

--rita

• 2 weeks later...

I hear from a very good source that the traveling duo will be at it again in 2007. My DW and I wish we were going with you again, we certainly have been incouraged by HAL. We will be traveling on the Westerdam to Alaska later this year; wish the two of you were joining us for that cruise. Have a Happy New Year.

Grumpy & Slinkie --a very Happy New Year to you both.

I really hope that someone will post about the world cruise again this year---I printed it all out and have it in 2 binders--what a lot of pleasure you gave us through that cold winter last year. It was a delight to read your impressions of all the places you visited. Thanks again to you both.

I hear from a very good source that the traveling duo will be at it again in 2007. My DW and I wish we were going with you again, we certainly have been incouraged by HAL. We will be traveling on the Westerdam to Alaska later this year; wish the two of you were joining us for that cruise. Have a Happy New Year.

Now where did you hear a rumor like that? Oh, wait, I guess I posted that rumor... We sure would enjoy sailing with you guys again someday.

I just booked the Westerdam for the Halloween cruise... Caribbean, not Alaska. There's no way Slinkie is going to go to opposite ENDS of the earth in a couple of months time. Opposite sides, yes. Ends, No way!

Grumpy & Slinkie --a very Happy New Year to you both.

I really hope that someone will post about the world cruise again this year---I printed it all out and have it in 2 binders--what a lot of pleasure you gave us through that cold winter last year. It was a delight to read your impressions of all the places you visited. Thanks again to you both.

Thanks for the New Year wishes and we wish the same to you.

I know Ides of March has started a thread and is planning to post from the ship. We are certainly looking forward to reading about their adventures.

Dear Slinkie & Grumpy,

Happy New Year to you both and hope to one day see you again here downunder in our beautiful city of Sydney.

Cristiano.

We do hope to get back to Sydney someday... meanwhile we would like to extend an invitation to visit our beautiful city of Naples, FL should you happen to find yourself topside:D

• 3 weeks later...

Archived