Can you recommend a Hotel with Character & thats close to all the action! :)

mame2boyz

We are looking for a hotel that has some character and yet is within walking distance of Bourbon Street and all the activity.

We are going with another couple and want to make it a special trip because we never get away without the kids! :) WOOHOO!

Anyon hae any recommendations for me?? Would like to spend $150 or less per room....

Thanks!

The Ramada, Inn On Bourbon. Have stayed 5 or 6 times ( had such a great time forgot how many times I've been there )anyway, don't know when your going but if it's around a holiday or a big convention is in town they jack the price. It's a great hotel. It's on Bourbon right in the middle of the action and it's clean, hotel staff is great and I no complaints. It's around $150 a night and worth every cent. 504-524-7611. Some helpful info. Daytime no problems,Nighttime no problem just don't wander anywhere solo. Good things, eat drink and have a great time. Try a hand grenade. You can find them at tropical isle on bourbon. If you see a lucky dog cart just keep walking, You've been warned. Cheers! :D

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back from a trip to NO and really enjoyed our stay at the Chateau LeMoyne Holiday Inn on Rue Dauphine. This is a big step up from the Holiday Inn on Royal, where we stayed 2 years ago. Chateau LeMoyne is an historic propery, has a garden swimming pool, quiet rooms and is one block from Bourbon Street... Just a couple of blocks from Iberville where there are so many excellent restaurants! ACME Oyster House is the bomb! We loved staying there.

Another great hotel in the same area is the Dauphine Orleans. We've stayed there before and love that hotel.

Cheers!

Taters

• 2 weeks later...

Hi mame2boyz,

We have two favorites. First is the Royal Sonesta. It's main entrance is right on Bourbon St.

http://www.sonesta.com/ROYALNEWORLEANS/

The second is the Bourbon Orleans. It's main entrance is right behind St. Louis Cathedral on Orleans St. It also borders Bourbon St.

http://www.bourbonorleans.com/

My DW and I have stayed at both on more than one ocassion and either will fit the bill. Since the kids won't be able to come :) see if the budget can be reworked where you can go ahead and splurge on a room with a balcony. Then have some mimosas there as you watch the sunrise. ;)

Hope this helps.

Jorge

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Last time I was in New Orleans (March, 2010) I stayed at the Prince Conti Hotel. It's reasonably priced, clean, has its own parking facilities, and a friendly staff. It's less than a block away from Bourbon Street too. I am fairly particular too about cleanliness and noise, and I would stay there again.

• 3 weeks later...

This is an old post so not sure you even need info anymore. But was there a year or so ago. I know we paid less than $150 to stay at Country Inn and Suites (think on Magazine St.). A little farther than you may want to be but easily within walking distance to everything. I agree that Bourbon St is way too noisy to stay.

This hotel was two or three buildings they renovated into one hotel. You can sort of see some of the division and some of that character in the lobby back by the bar. Hard to explain but you'll get it if you see it. We each had a King Suite and those rooms were a little small but the hotel was clean, nice and we felt in a safe area. Near Canal which is then easy access to Bourbon. Each night after returning from Bourbon Street and the loud, blasting music and such still thumping in your ringing ears, we always stopped in the lobby bar and had a goodnight drink, chatted with the bartender, John who was great and offered us a lot of great advice on the area.

Try the Hilton in the 300 Block of St. Charles. It was once the headquarters for the Masons and has been totally renovated in the recent past. Only a three block walk to Canal Street.

Also, the Quenn & Crescent in the 300 Block of Camp street is a unique boutique hotel.

My vote would be for the Astor Crown Plaza or the Drury Inn. Both are walking distance to all the action on Bourbon St. Free drinks at happy hour. Drury gives you more drinks and some snacks and breakfast in the AM. But is a couple blocks further down on the street. Both are great. We got the Astor on Hotwire as the mystery hotel when we were there, don't know if that's the case now though.

Good Luck and have fun, oh wait... you're going to NOLA, you WILL have fun. :D:D:D

I think all of the hotels in the French Quarter has character because they are all old buildings. I've stayed at Astor and HI French Quarter. HI is one block from Bourbon, 1/2 block to Canal. We heard no noise at all. Plus with 2 rooms and park/cruise (pays for all of the parking) We spent $230 and divided it in half. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Archived