"LIVE" from the Mariner 01-16-05

Radio

sj-25 - they will leave or stop tenders to an island if it becomes to dangerous for them to safely join the ship. They stopped tenders when we were in Grand Cayman last year for @ 30 - 45 minutes to let the storm pass. They also know there is nothing that you can book "on your own" on Labadee.

Hope this helps.

Radio you haven't run into a bartender named Arvin by ant chance?

He was on the Brilliance before but was supposed to transfer to the Mariner. He's from the Phillipeane's(spelling?)

He worked the martini bar on the brilliance.

Thanks

Tom

sj-25 - they will leave or stop tenders to an island if it becomes to dangerous for them to safely join the ship. They stopped tenders when we were in Grand Cayman last year for @ 30 - 45 minutes to let the storm pass. They also know there is nothing that you can book "on your own" on Labadee.

Hope this helps.

Yes, did help I just wanted to make sure that they wouldn't leave early after being docked or tendered and your out on your tour of your own and they would decide to leave early!

Thanks for the pcitures Radio-- sorry you had to miss one Island but I guess just being on the ship is exciting-- only 12 days to my first cruise--is there one thing that shouldn't be missed on this trip-- what would it be??? Hope to read about it in your posts-- hope the weather improves-- we';re preparing for a noreaster to hit NJ Saturday-- can;t wait to be on Board the Mariner..:cool:

Radio.Great Job on your postings and updates.My wife,daughter and myself will be getting onboard as you exit so save some "snails" for us.Love them critters!!

We were watching the port cam and wondered why ya'll left so late.

Right now in northern virginia the high is 28 and calling for some snow tonight Tomorrow begins our vacation and heading south.

If you get the chance let us know if they got rid of the "ranch" steak.

This will be our first on the MOS and a first for the Eastern.

Thanks and have a "Boat Drink" on me.

Hey Radio! Love your reviews. This time though, they mean even more because we'll be on the Mariner in 6 short weeks instead of months and months.

Kruz indicated Captain Johnny will be on till March. Can you find out if he'll be on through 3/13? I'll be disappointed if we miss out on him AND Matt Yee!

Thanks.

Cathy

Is there any definte answers as to if he will be leaving Mariner anytime soon? Maybe someone can find out when you attend the C&A party. WOuld be great.

I agree Radio, Capt. Johnny does make the ship. He has been the first Captain that I have seen outside of the Capt. Reception. Even had the chance to chat with him during lunch one day when he was eating in the Windjammer. I sure hope he is still around come April.

Great job and say hello to Adventure Girl (Kim) from Kenny & Cindy.

Ok, everyone go up and look at Radio's set of pictures at the top of this page, post #76, at the second photo. See if it looks familiar, then come back down here. I'll wait.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Ok, did it look familiar? That's where they filmed the opening shots of M*A*S*H. Yep, that's Haiti in those background scenes, NOT Korea.

Carol :D

Hello everyone! Sorry for the lack of updates yesterday...It seems that I have been bitten by some type of stomach flu. I missed dinner last night and have been in my cabin since about 4 yesterday. Hopefully this will get better quick !

We are approaching Ocho Rios now and should be docked in about 30 min. The weather is good.....Partly cloudy...no rain or wind..It feels like about 75f.

I will try to post more later today along with some pics... Thanks for all of the nice comments !!

Here are a few pics from yesterday...

Radio

;)

44450431-0921-02000180-.jpg

44450209-feb2-02000180-.jpg

44449999-facf-02000180-.jpg

Radio- I have to commend you on your good attitude. You've had a 40 degree embarkation, a late start, a rained out labadee, and now a stomach virus. You've kept a good attitude and not been a "worst cruise ever" cruiser. Get some rest and I hope the rest of the week goes well. I really appreciate your pictures and the time you've given to us. I'd still rather be on a cruise than here in frigid Cincinnati! Take Care, Karen

Sure hope you get well soon and have a fun day in Ocho Rios, we will not get there in Oct. since they changed our ports, the only week then got changed but do enjoy! We will be going to Costa Maya instead.

Hope your feeling better!

Hey Radio,

Thanks so much for the day by day review and photos...I was so excited when I saw it was you..always enjoy your cruises....love the pics...

Hope you are feeling better, take care of yourself, I have had that flu/stomach bug for a week now...and was so sick...it scared me...but I am coming along not 100%, I would say 65% and first day back at work...really sucks to be on a cruise sick..but like another post stated...you are being such a great sport...

Lots of fluid...and soup..and most importantly rest....I can't say enough about the rest.....I fought it til the 3rd day and it felt like I got it twice as bad....take care..

Nellie

Radio,

I have really been enjoying your posts! We leave on Mariner on the 30th of this month and I'm so excited!

I saw that you were from Maryland -- as am I. Thought I'd let you know that its SNOWING here! Just got back to the office from lunch and the roads are really slippery -- calling for 3-4 inches. UGH!

I can't wait to read your post and hear all about Ocho Rios... and daydream!!

Hope you are feeling better!

Radio: Sure hope you brought some Lomtel or Amodium AD along. A good Antiboitic is Cipro 500 mg. Not sure how you would get it where you are. The doctor sent that with us when we were on our last cruise. Didn't have to use it thank goodness.

FEEL BETTER SOON!

Archived