"LIVE" from the Mariner 01-16-05

Radio

Radio thanks for the reports!! I look forward to ready your posting, i'm going on mariner at the end of february and can't wait.

One question, i thought i've read before that they stated closing off the the very front of the bow at night?? Is this true? On EOS i like going to the front where all the benchs are around sit there late at night. I hope there not tieing it off when it gets really dark out. Thought that area is very dark. thxs again keep the post coming...

I know for sure that they close the area that goes to the Peek-a-Boo bridge from Sunset to sunrise...But I will check on the Helipad area for you..The entrance to the Helipad area is from the Lotus Lounge (deck5) or you can get to it from deck 4 and go up the steps from the outside....

Radio

;) ;)

44502467-898f-02000180-.jpg

Hi Radio,

Thanks for all the info. I was looking at your pictures today and looks like georgetown has some choppy waters. how was the weather there today. can you tell me what night caribbean night is in the dining room. I would appreciate it. Thanks

cris

i forgot to ask, have they implemented the fee at johnny rockets? there was going to be a serivce fee on the ships. we went in april of last year on the adventure and it hadn't gone into affect.

Hello everyone.... Today was a beautiful day on the Beautiful Mariner of the Seas. I decided to stay on the ship today for a few reasons, and there were alot of people that stayed on. I was surprised..I expected the ship to be almost empty..but alot of people had the same idea. It was a great day at the pool..I started reading a book that my daughter gave to me over the holidays.(Red Rabbit)...Very Good..... The water was calm,there was a fair breeze and the temps were at about 80-85f....Beautiful !

I went to Johnny Rockets today..they opened at 1PM, and there were a few people waiting, but not extremely busy. The basketball part of the Sports deck area will be closed for a few days while it is being resurfaced. Mariner Dunes, and Inline Skating are un affected. I also went to Gym today and tried to work off some of whatever needs to be worked off.... Whew...that was alot of work. The staff there is very helpfull and very freindly.

There were 4 other ship in port today...Carnival Victory, Carnival Conquest, HAL's Westerdam, and Star Princess. Star Princess and Westerdam used their own tenders, while Carnival and Mariner used the tenders hired from Grand Cayman. Actually the Mariner did not anchor today...we just maintained position using bow and stern thrusters....We stayed about 1 mile from the tender pier downtown. I talked to lots of people who went ashore, and all agreed that the island still has alot of recovery to do, and that the locals seem very happy to have the cruise ships back to Georgetown, GC.

"The tender pier area was a madhouse !" is how one of the Cruise Staff commented on coming back to the ship. I guess with tender service for 5 MEGA ships....that it could be a little slow.

Tonight "Pure Energy" show has been cancelled and replaced with "Headliner Spotlight" w/Gary Muledeer.

We left GC today at 4PM sharp and are being followed by Westerdam and Carnival Conquest who are following us to Cozumel.

I checked on the Wine and Dine package today and here are a few of the prices... $113.00 (Gold Package 5 bottles) $125 (Platinum Package 5 bottles), and$137 (Diamond Package 5 bottles). I will scan and post all of the packages and brands when I get home.

Tomorrow I expect to see Rhapsody of the Seas in port with us at the International Pier...(It will be nice to see a family member with us at port LOL...)

The Gala Buffet will also be held tonight at 11:30 for viewing and 12:30 for dining.....If I can stay up that late !

Here are a few pics from today...Many more can be viewed by clicking on Radio's Cruise Page link below.

I will try to answer any questions that come up if possible. Sorry if I missed anyone's. I have to cut and paste every post I make due to the network.

Thanks for tuning in...

Radio

;)

Local Authorities coming Aboard

44502205-9b89-02000180-.jpg

Downtown

44505076-9eda-0200014F-.jpg

Tender Pier Area

44503858-489d-02000180-.jpg

Boleros (Deck4)

44502310-10c3-02000180-.jpg

Hi Radio,

Thanks for all the info. I was looking at your pictures today and looks like georgetown has some choppy waters. how was the weather there today. can you tell me what night caribbean night is in the dining room. I would appreciate it. Thanks

cris

i forgot to ask, have they implemented the fee at johnny rockets? there was going to be a serivce fee on the ships. we went in april of last year on the adventure and it hadn't gone into affect.

Hi cris...I think Caribbean Night is tommorrow..but I will check. Yes they are charging 3.95 pp for Johnny Rockets. if you are a CA member. A coupon will be delivered to your cabin which will allow you a free meal at JR's

Radio

;) ;)

Hello again Radio, glad you are having such a great time. We have great dreams of doing a back to back ourselves one day. We are sailing 4-10, can't wait. Thanks for the info about the traffic. Last time we sat in line forever and then Jack had to merge back into the same line and go around again to get into the garage. This time we called a van company to take us all over together. They said they didn't think we could get in the port til 11 though. Might call them back and push them a little. We have an OS for the first time...1320.

Hey! Radio AWESOME PICS!! Keep them coming!:) I just have one question. Whos is the cruise director? My friend works on the Star Princess. He is a singer on the ship. He switches back and forth from cruise line to cruise line. Well enjoy the rest of you cruise! Until next time sail on...

I went to Barnes and Nobles today to look at books of the places we are visiting -only 11 days til sailing. Another customer was going on MOS in April and we shared info-- I told her about you and what a doll you must be-- to do this for all of us. I am beyond excited and can;t believe I feel like a 20 something again-- due to the anticipation of my first sailing. I couldn't open todays picutres-- not sure if anyone else had the problem but will go to your web page to see if they are there--was htere a particular reason you didn't go ashore today? I'm still trying to figure out the best things to do-- don't want to miss them Thanks!!!:o

Candleonwater....The terminal starts letting cars in at 8AM for those picking up passengers. So really I shouldn't have arrived so early, but I was let in and when I parked..others walked into the terminal with me.

RCIcruzer2...Simeon Baker is the CD..but he is very sick so his Asst. has been doing the work, at least the work that the passenegrs see and hear.

pamssanity...I didn't decide until about 11AM to stay onboard. The amount of time ashore would have minimal for me. I should have considered ging over at 8. I have been to Grand Cayman many times and really enjoy it there,,You should go. everyone I talked to today had a great time.

There is currently a code "RED" onboard in regard to the Norwalk Virus. No snacks being served in the Concierge Lounge....and no Soft Yogurt being served on the pool deck (I heard alot of complaining about that).

Gotta Go..the CA Platinum Diamond party begins at 7:45...

Thanks for tuning in.....

Radio

;) ;)

Solarium

44503783-3d74-02000180-.jpg

Royale Promenade (Wig and Gavel Pub)

44503558-8286-02000180-.jpg

No problem seeing the pictures on my computer. They do take a few minutes to load though, and I have high speed internet.

Hope they disinfect the ship. Bring lots of antibacterial gel for use after going thru the buffet lines and before touching your food.

Hi Radio!

I hope that you are feeling much better today! I just finished looking at your pictures and they are great!

Would I be able to ask a favour of you? If you get a chance would you be able to look in your Compass and see if the band Odysea are playing at Ellingtons?

Thanks!

Lisa

thanks so much for all of the info and pics!!!! I will be on the Mariner in 332 days...I think. One favor, can you just go over to cabin 7294, and just make sure everything is ok??:D Just making sure my room is in good condition!

Joe

We are about 1 1/2 hours away from Cozumel...The weather looks great for today.Clear to partly cloudy and 81f.

I didn't make it to the Grand Buffet, however I did go to the Diamond Platinum CA Party..It was very good. The Gary Muledeer show is very very good..You will love him. The Pure Energy Show may be rescheduled for tomorrow. Tonight is the Sailaway deck party.

I spoke to the Beverage Manager yesterday at the CA Party and he said there is no Alcohol $50. per day drink package available. I told him that it has been reported as a new program, and he suggested maybe it is being tested on another ship...but he has never heard of it...

Here are some more pics from yesterday...For those having problems viewing...Just click on the link below for Radio's Cruise Page.

Thanks,

Radio

Aft Centrum-Royale Promenade Entrance

44524600-31bc-02000180-.jpg

Ellingtons Deck 14

44524515-02f2-02000180-.jpg

Sky Deck Forward - Decks 13-14

44524529-2533-02000180-.jpg

Cruise Critic friends GKM and Bob278 at the Diamond Party

44524541-f2fa-02000180-.jpg

Radio--Thanks for the continuing update. I feel like you are a friend and I can;t wait to read your updates. It;s 11 degrees here in NJ and I am anxiously awauing my first cruise. Todays pictures came through as well as one from yesterday. Not sure why I can;t get them all but love hearing about what is going on. I'm making list of things to do. Hope you're over the "bug". I went out and bought carry around sizes of hand sanitizer--hoping that will help. Enjoy the rest of the cruise.:D

Hi Mark,

Thank you so much for bringing all of us with you on the Mariner! It is wonderful to feel like a part of us is there with you.

Interesting about the Norwalk on board. Last week, when we cruised the Eastern route, Captain Johnny was nowhere to be seen for most of the cruise. At the fairwell show, he spoke and acknowleged that he had been sick most of the week and had been out of circulation all that time. He is the only person I know of, who was sick already last week. (So, could it be that he is the one who started it all?;) )

Enjoy the last two days on board and keep the pictures coming.

PS

On our cruise last week, my parents had the cabin next to yours. They loved it!

Hi Radio! What a dear you are to do this for all of us! If I were there I would buy you a drink, but since I am not, I will just have one for you next week! lol. If you would be so kind, can you find out if there is any type of dress code in the "Dragaons whatever it is called" disco? The kids want to change clothes after dinner to be more comfortable.

Many thanks and stay well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived