Lunch at the Pinnacle (O)

We sailed with another couple in August on Maasdam and we all wanted to taste the mac and lobster but no one wanted it for dinner. The steward heard us talking and offered us an appetizer size to share. It was delicious! :) Not soupy at all. It was the consistency one expects for such a casserole.

We all know each Chef cooks differently and we all know not every dish turns out exactly the same every time the same Chef makes it. Maybe it was a fill in Chef when KK's DH ordered it and the usual Chef was ill or not working for whatever reason.

Whatever.......

We all thought the mac and lobster Yum!

Okay so it was the lobster and mac. Yes, Tony had it. I thought from Joan,( M-Power) that you were discussing something else. I am easily confused, I guess.

You are REALLY confused.

What you were doubting me about was whether Pinnacle is open for lunch on Port days.

The answer is sometimes Yes and sometimes No.

If you have the inclination or interest, you could review the thread and sort out the various posts and posters. I think you twice referred to a poster "sailaway" but I don't see any posts by such a person in this thread. Maybe I missed them.

It's okay :) :). I get confused here often. ;)

Okay so it was the lobster and mac. Yes, Tony had it. I thought from Joan,( M-Power) that you were discussing something else. I am easily confused, I guess.

Sorry if I contributed to the confusion, M. :confused: I just call it chemo brain. :p But I DID have lobster mac on the Zuiderdam this month. My husband remembers it, so I'm sure it really happened. :rolleyes:

Joan

Wow not only am I get planning advice but ordering advice too! You guys are the best!:D

I really like doing the specialty restaurant thing at least once per cruise and if the lunch and dinner menus are different then I would love to eat there at least one for lunch.

Now if I can only figure out when the formal nights are and what days they will be open for lunch. I prefer making reservations before I get on board that way I don't have to worry about it. And now to hijack my own thread. Can you do this for the spa pass as well? Do I have to go through my TA?

Sorry if I contributed to the confusion, M. :confused: I just call it chemo brain. :p But I DID have lobster mac on the Zuiderdam this month. My husband remembers it, so I'm sure it really happened. :rolleyes:

Joan

Joan, I don't think it was you but me. I get confused easily, and I can't blame it on chemo. When I replied to you I was referring to Tony having the lobster mac. But from your reply to someone else, I was not sure we were on the "same page," and perhaps you thought I meant something else.

Sounds like lunch at the Pinnacle will be fun and delicious

We will check to see if it is open at lunch or only for dinners on sea and on port days and if I remember, will try to post that info here

we will be on the Eurodam and it is possible that menus change per ship

Thank you for posting the menu as it looks wonderful!:)

Well, I figured someone would tell me it's not on the menu anymore, but it WAS on the menu on the Zuiderdam earlier this month, and I did order it, and I did find it tasty. Obviously, your mileage may vary, and that is the essence of Cruise Critic. I do get tired of being told I'm wrong, however. I'm not pointing my finger - I'm just sayin'.

Joan

Touche!;)

We will check to see if it is open at lunch or only for dinners on sea and on port days and if I remember, will try to post that info here

The lunch Pinnacle menu has been the same for years -- it is the same on all ships.

Yes, that is best. Check the day you board.

When my Dad and I were planning our Alaskan cruise for last May someone mentioned having lunch in the Pinacle on the day you cruise Glacier Bay. I don't know if that's on your itinerary, but it was a wonderful experience. Especially since the Captain was kind enought to turn the boat so were were gazing at the big glacier (Marjorie?) for our entire lunch.

Something to think about!

Cheers,

Deb

For some of us, it is much easier to read bold print. I am one of those people. I find the darker the print, the easier on my eyes.

I strain with pale print and small font.

I don't mean for it to be hard on someone else's eyes.

At one time I thought bold print was "shouting," (I equated it with typing in all caps) but as my eyes have started having problems I have come to realize that perhaps some may be using bold print because of their eye sight. (or lack of eyesight)

I do not have a problem with bold print. If I have issues with other posters,it has nothing to do with what type print they use. I just wish all would treat others nicely.

• 4 weeks later...

Now lately I have been enjoying the reduced size entrees they have been serving in the

main dining room on Hal and find it a good way not to eat too much....

But having said that , Will they allow you to order more than one entree , or appetizer per person in the Pinnacle grille ?

Thanks

Will they allow you to order more than one entree , or appetizer per person in the Pinnacle grille ?

Thanks

You're allowed to order more than one of everything in the Pinnacle. But, if you order another entrée you will be charged for it.

Archived