Lobster on the Crown

Jo and Rob

Does anyone know when you get the lobster in Cafe Caribe? We plan on eating in MDR most of the time but certainly don't want to miss out on this!

Also what is in the seafood buffet? Is that when you get lobster in the first evening?

As you can imagine I'm a bit of a lobster fan.

Also how is prepared? Is it grilled or served with a sauce?

Does anyone know when you get the lobster in Cafe Caribe? We plan on eating in MDR most of the time but certainly don't want to miss out on this!

Also what is in the seafood buffet? Is that when you get lobster in the first evening?

Also how is prepared? Is it grilled or served with a sauce?

Sometimes they have a sailaway seafood buffet with lobster claws etc.

But its hit and miss.

We did the seafood buffet last February on sailaway evening on the Crown. It was okay but nothing to get too excited about. I don't recall lobster, but if there was, it wasn't anything special. The same can be said for the lobster tails that are served in the MDR (IMO).

From what I read on these boards the lobster in the Crown Grill is supposed to be quite good. Just so you know that is an additional $25 to eat at the specialty restaurant plus $9 for the lobster.

Ron

They do have lobster in the MDR on one of the formal nights. It is just the tail, sliced in half. The waiter takes it out of the shell for you.

You can order as many as you like. Not huge, but still rather tasty.

As am I...

Then you definitely won't want to miss the Crown Grill...it is a specaility resturant with fantastic steaks and more fantastic lobster... you can order as many entrees from the menu as you wish, one of which is smaller 3 or 4 lobster tails (about 4 oz.) or for the additional $9 a 1 1/2 lb. baked or stuffed lobster... you can still order a steak with it to...all top quality with excellent service. I think they will steam the lobster also, if you wish...and you can have as many as you want...

We normally hit the Crown Grill twice on every cruise....one of our favorite treats and well worth the cover charge.

As am I...

Then you definitely won't want to miss the Crown Grill...it is a specaility resturant with fantastic steaks and more fantastic lobster... you can order as many entrees from the menu as you wish, one of which is smaller 3 or 4 lobster tails (about 4 oz.) or for the additional $9 a 1 1/2 lb. baked or stuffed lobster... you can still order a steak with it to...all top quality with excellent service. I think they will steam the lobster also, if you wish...and you can have as many as you want...

We normally hit the Crown Grill twice on every cruise....one of our favorite treats and well worth the cover charge.

Is the lobster in the MDR the same as the standard lobster in the Crown Grill? I have seen a picture that looks the same!

We have dinner in the buffet often and on all my last Princess cruises I have always found at least one night during the cruise there will be lobster claws in Cafe Caribe. I think a lot of pax don't know this because they always eat dinner in the MDR.

The only difference I have found is on the night it is available. Sometimes at the seafood buffet on embarkation day or on the 1st or 2nd formal night. There will not only be lobster claws but also crab knuckles and crab legs. Just check out the buffet each evening before you decide where you will be eating.

we are currently on the Crown. The seafood buffet Sat. had cracked lobster claws in a big bin so you just helped yourself. They also had shrimps and crab cakes. We went there after sailaway for seafood appetizers then to the dining room for our late sitting. The next night (last night) was formal night and we were sitting by the back pool watching sunset and 3 people came out with platters of lobster claws maybe there was lots left over from the previous night or maybe something to look forward to! Enjoy.

we are currently on the Crown. The seafood buffet Sat. had cracked lobster claws in a big bin so you just helped yourself. They also had shrimps and crab cakes. We went there after sailaway for seafood appetizers then to the dining room for our late sitting. The next night (last night) was formal night and we were sitting by the back pool watching sunset and 3 people came out with platters of lobster claws maybe there was lots left over from the previous night or maybe something to look forward to! Enjoy.

I like the idea of a seafood appetizer before the MDR. What a great idea!

I was on the Crown in November. They had lobster claws and crab knuckles in the buffet on the first night after sailaway. They also had them another night. The claws were not cracked and they don't have seafood crackers. I brought one along. I personally didn't think much of them. Mostly cold and salty. The buffet had pretty good food for the most part, but that's the only lobster I saw there. They have lobster and prawns on the second formal night and it's a small lobster tail. I meant to go to the Crown Grill and the week got away from me. If you pay the specialty fee plus $9, they have the big lobster dinner. I didn't have it myself, but I wish I'd done it.

Archived