Found a camera and photos from qm2

MAUREGATO

You are sooooooooooooo right!! Mauregato is indeed one mighty decent fellow!! and I thank him from the very bottom of my heart!!!

Hi SAFRICAN, Really pleased you got your treasured photos of your silver wedding back.

Like you we wanted to see New York and sail on QM2 on our silver wedding which we did last year. I would have hated to loose all our photos.

Enjoy your lovely photos when you get them back.

Catherine

Hello everyone, especially Mauregato!

We are the owners of the lost and found camera, and want to thank you all, so very sincerely, for all the trouble you have gone to in finding us!!

You may never understand just how precious those pictures are to us: The holiday was a 25th wedding anniversary celebration, fulfilling a dream for each of us. I always wanted to see New York, and my husband always wanted to travel on the QE or the QM!

So we flew to New York and spent a week there and a day in Washington DC, then we set sail on the QM2 from Brooklyn to Southampton.

We were devastated when the camera fell overboard in the Atlantic, and never expected to find it again. It happened on the last day of our voyage, the next morning we docked in Southampton.

The fact that so many people have tried and now succeeded in finding us is amazing, and I cannot thank you enough! May God bless you all for your efforts!! I am hoping to receive the camera and SD card soon from Mauregato.

I hope, one day, to meet both Mauregato, and the captain who actually found the camera, so I can shake their hand, hug them, and thank them!!!

This is ending almost like a fairy tale. Things don't seem to end that way any more. It kind of makes our hearts sing and makes us believe that all things are possible--kind of the way we felt when we were children. Thank you for your post. I am really looking forward to your anniversary photos.

Gail

Barbara - the lady in the photo - has her story here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8510314.stm

It's currently one of the most-read BBC stories worldwide.

There will be a tv version of the story at 1830 uk time, available online afterwards here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/southtoday

Thank you so much for all the kind comments.

Paul Clifton

Paul,

thank you so very much for your part in re-uniting us with our memories!!

I don't think I told you - but the trip to N.Y and the cruise was our 25th wedding anniversary celebration - so having the pictures will now make it complete!!!

I am truly touched and humbled by the efforts you and Mauregato, together with all the 'sleuths' who added their suggestions, have made.

It's amazing that for 11 days, or thereabouts, people were looking for me!!!

God bless you all!!!!

the trip to N.Y and the cruise was our 25th wedding anniversary celebration - so having the pictures will now make it complete!!!

Hey, it looks like we are steering on pretty parallel courses here. I spent my honeymoon in Joburg and, on present planning, we will spend our 25th wedding anniversary on QM2!

I am so glad you will be reunited with your photographs - as a keen amateur photographer I would be utterly devastated by such a loss, even if the images weren't related to my silver wedding anniversary.

And you've just made me think of a great game we can all play on our future cruises. It's possible now to buy disposable digital cameras. We can each buy one camera before every cruise, label it with our name and address and the url of the Cruise Critic site, take some photographs with it and, at a selected point in the cruise, heave the thing over the side and wait to see if it turns up. It would be like a kind of maritime geocaching. Hopefully poor old Mauregato wouldn't find too many of them though - I think he'd get seriously bored with the game in the end. :D:D

Jimmy

Hello again,

SAFRICAN, I´m happy You are finally here with Us.

You have an e.mail from Me.

Of course I'll make the copy, don´t worry about that.

In few days, When Mr. Benito arrives from the sea, You could enjoy Your pictures and videos.

Regards from Spain.

Fernando

Hello again,

SAFRICAN, I´m happy You are finally here with Us.

You have an e.mail from Me.

Of course I'll make the copy, don´t worry about that.

In few days, When Mr. Benito arrives from the sea, You could enjoy Your pictures and videos.

Regards from Spain.

Fernando

Excellent news well done Fernando, Mr Benito :D and Paul of course. :)

Gavin.

Oh well done Mauregato, Paul and everyone for having such faith in this story. What an amazing ending!

Congratulations Safrican - you can now continue with your celebrations- what a good excuse :D

I am thrilled and can't believe that the mystery was solved so quickly.

I've been following this story from the first post. I had a feeling from the beginning that the owner would eventually be found. Congrats to all involved in helping to find the owner. BTW, I was sailing along with you on the QE2's final trans Atlantic...so memorable.

On the ball as ever....the pic with a waiter is described as with 'a friend'.....I'm sure they were great chums.....but really...

What a fantastic conclusion to an extraordinary story! I am so pleased that the stirling efforts of all concerned were worth it in the end - just like a Fairy Tale. Sincere congratulations to all involved in the effort to bring this to a great conclusion.

I must admit to wondering what was the make of the SD card!?

Regards,

David

Lovely to hear from all involved. Somehow even more special because it was a wedding aniversary trip.

I think the QM2 has a magic "thing" finder involved - my DH left his wedding ring in the hotel in New York on the day of our honeymoon TA last year. The elves (aka wonderfully honest staff) in the hotel found it and it was returned to us in Blackpool via Cunard after it came home on the following EB crossing.

Archived