Found a camera and photos from qm2

MAUREGATO

How completely wonderful that camera and owner have been reunited.

Congratulations to everyone involved in making this happen. If every person in the world took it upon themselves to do ONE nice thing for someone they don't know......imagine what it could do.

Hi, I guess it may be my fault that Cruise Critic wasn't mentioned by name. I told everyone that Mauregato had used a cruise review blog to try to trace us! and I've given the link to anyone who's asked. AOL have the link too - let's see if they mention it by name!!

Thanks again to all involved!:o The SD card will soon be in the post to us in South Africa. I'm happy to say that our 'rescuers have made a copy first!!! :D

Hi, I guess it may be my fault that Cruise Critic wasn't mentioned by name. I told everyone that Mauregato had used a cruise review blog to try to trace us! and I've given the link to anyone who's asked. AOL have the link too - let's see if they mention it by name!!

Well, now that you've found us, don't forget where we are. It can be a good laugh around here most of the time - you're more than welcome to stick around and join in :):)

J

Thanks Cruachan!! I will stick around - this is like a new family I've found!! The QM2 is visiting South Africa on March 23, on it's way from Australia ~ We've been invited to lunch aboard her ~ just for 'old times sake' : What fun!

Thanks Cruachan!! I will stick around - this is like a new family I've found!! The QM2 is visiting South Africa on March 23, on it's way from Australia ~ We've been invited to lunch aboard her ~ just for 'old times sake' : What fun!

That sounds wonderful - I take it that'll be Durban.

Have a truly fantastic time.

And make sure your camera strap is secure :D:):cool:

J

How wonderful!!!

How BEAUTIFUL!!!!

My DD showed this to me!!! She saw it mentioned on AOL.com today and knew how much I love to post on CC...

GOD BLESS YOU OP!!! MAUREGATO... YOU ARE THE MAN!!!

You have restored faith in human kindness and good will!!!

You are an ambassador!!!

God Bless you!!!

This brings tears and smiles to my face!!!!

Hello again,

LambKnuckles , Thank You very much, but I just did what I thought they should do.

Fortunately I'm sure that, usually, we are surrounded by many good people.

Safrican, soon you can enjoy the photos of your wonderful anniversary trip.

My cruise experience:

COSTA RIVIERA: Mediterranean Sea : Italy / Greece , From Venice

NORWEGIAN JEWEL: Mediterranean Sea : Spain / Italy , Fron Barcelona

NORWEGIAN JADE: Norwegian Fiords and Nord Cape, From Southampton

RUBY PRINCESS: Italy / Greece / Turkey, From Venice

Next Trip: Maybe "ICELAND"

Hello again,

The SD CARD is now flying to South Africa. :):)

My cruise experience:

Hello again,

SAFRICAN, Don't worry, We have made a copy of the card. :):)

My cruise experience:

Hello Mauregato,

I have been telling your story to many of my non cruise friends. Even though they never been on a cruise ship, they are fascinated by it and think you made such a wonderful effort to reunite the memory card from the camera with the owners.

My wife and I were on the Queen Mary 2 with the October 2008, westbound tandem crossing with the Queen Elizabeth 2. I have many photos and a few videos of that crossing that I cherish as a loyal Cunarder. Several of my Cruise Critic friends were on board the Queen Mary 2 for the eastbound tandem crossing with the Queen Elizabeth 2 when the camera you found had disappeared into the Atlantic Ocean.

Also thank you for your continued entries in this thread that you started.

Terrence

My wife and I were on the Queen Mary 2 with the October 2008, westbound tandem crossing with the Queen Elizabeth 2. I have many photos and a few videos of that crossing that I cherish as a loyal Cunarder. Several of my Cruise Critic friends were on board the Queen Mary 2 for the eastbound tandem crossing with the Queen Elizabeth 2 when the camera you found had disappeared into the Atlantic Ocean.

If we understand the story correctly, only 5 pictures were salvagable. Such a shame since it was their "trip of a lifetime". Since so many people are posting here that they were on the same crossing, is it maybe a nice idea to share some pictures of the ship/crossing with SAfrican? :)

If we understand the story correctly, only 5 pictures were salvagable. Such a shame since it was their "trip of a lifetime". Since so many people are posting here that they were on the same crossing, is it maybe a nice idea to share some pictures of the ship/crossing with SAfrican? :)

I think you'll find that the memory card was undamaged and that all the images were usable (Mauregato will be able to confirm that or not as the case may be). It was simply that he had to be selective in which images to post in an attempt to reunite the card and its owner.

J

Hello again,

Cruachan, You are right. The SD Car was undamaged. ALL the photos and videos are o.K. :)

There are aproximately 175 photos and 10 short videos in the SD Card. :):)

SAFRICAN is really a lucky women. ;)

My cruise experience:

Hello again,

Cruachan, You are right. The SD Car was undamaged. ALL the photos and videos are o.K. :)

Thanks Mauregato,

I was fairly sure that was the case. Not long after you posted your originally story about the camera I did some checking on the internet and I found an article that was written for a photographic magazine. The guys who wrote the article had tried to test a range of memory cards to destruction. They survived all kinds of ill treatment, even immersion in boiling water for three minutes, without any damage at all to the card. The only thing that finally destroyed them was hammering a six inch nail through the centre of the card - even then it was possible to retrieve some of the images using special software. They are robust little devils :)

J

I think you will find that that was an inaccuracy introduced by a 'third party'. If I remember correctly, all of the files on the card were able to be read.

Yes, I read it somewhere in one of the posts or in one of the linked new items. Got me confused.

Where else to dream of your next cruise but on Cruise Critic - and subsequently came across this thread.

I read the first two pages and thought "No way, no how.." and skipped to the last page, where I couldn't believe what I was reading. Have just read ALL the pages and am glowing with a sense of pride in my fellow CC'ers. The Spirit of Humanity is alive and well.

Lynne

Archived