Reggae or Lions

2PinaColadas

Just remember Lion's is also on Cockleshell so the snorkeling whether at Reggae or Lion's is not that different - it's all the same beach, just depends what direction you head off in. And I'd be very surprised if Lion has a water trampoline that he is renting out, anyone else out there can correct me if I'm wrong but if there is a trampoline in that area, I'd guess it would be through Spice Mill.

At Reggae Baech Bar you can enjoy their veggie platter. (Mixed salads with grilled veggies of the day) Served with your choice of fries, Kittitian rice or pasta salad.

The cost of snorkel gear is $10 USD (Fins/Mask). Vests are $5.00 USD

You can also rent jet skis, kayaks and hobi cats. There is a trampoline nearby that you can use for a fee.

I was replying to this message. There was NO trampoline at Cockelshell, I did see a Large Red Floating object but it was to the right of cockelshell...That must be Lions. I did not venture down that way...it did look interesting...But nothing was free at cockshell....only the water.....and if you had you own equipment you were set for snorkeling. The cab far was regulated by government BUT if you went into town you could get a ride for 5 pp if you had a group of 6-8. We had 6, Last year I paid 4-Big group of 8, They all come back on time there are tons of taxis there!!

• 1 month later...
Hi PD - Not used to seeing you here on the Caribbean boards. You were such a big help to me with our fantastic visit to Vancouver and Alaskan cruise last summer. Now for my question.....how was the snorkeling at Raggae? It would be nice to just chill on a beach and have some decent snorkeling for those of us that would like too.

Some two months later' date=' it was good but I also think you need to the area to the left...as you are facing the water, to get better snorkling. Have a great cruise.[/size']

We ended up spending the majority of our day at Reggae. The staff there was very nice. The bartender was a really nice guy and made the best mudslide I have ever had. It was not the prettiest beach on our cruise, but we had a great time there. The only negative I have is the vendors. There were a lot of them, but no thanks generally did the trick.

We also dropped by Lions for a drink. Supper nice staff there also.

As far as a cab, my DH and I rode with a group from the ship to Cockleshell. We pre-arranged a time with our driver for the return trip and he was there exactly when we requested. He told us we did not have to pay him until he returned, but we gave him 1/2 when he dropped us off at Cockleshell. When he heard me talking about being a photo nut, he offered to stop at couple of places he knew I would like.

• 1 year later...

Archived