FV questions

dszrew

We're planning a trip to Alaska in 2011, and promised to take our sons with us. There will be 4 of us.

We'll likely book as soon as the 2011 trips are posted. Would X allow us to book an FV if one were available, or would do they really reserve them for groups of 5 that early?

Our second choice is to book two staterooms to give us extra space and privacy, but they'd likely be inside to keep costs down. If an FV were to come available later in the season, would X allow us to "upgrade" from two cabins to one? the overall cost we'd pay would be more for the one FV, but would they look at it as if we had really canceled a cabin and charge cancellation fees?

BTW, if you are cruising SB Alaska Jun 4-11 2010, there's an FV available right now...

The FV cabins on the M-class ships are my all time favorite cabin on any ship. The corner FV's (i.e. 8181) is awesome! Call your travel agent and see what they will let you book. I know they will not allow three to book it. Don't know about four. Give it a shot.

You can make changes to your reservation without penalties from Celebrity up to the time of final payment. Some travel agencies may charge a fee but Celebrity won't as long as you make the changes before you make your final payment. Ask your agent about this as well ... ask if you switch from two insides to an FV will they charge you anything?

Good luck. Alaska is awesome!

If they won't allow you to book 4, book the two insides and keep checking back. My brother's family wanted an FV and a CC balcony cabin (family of 5), and Celebrity said if an FV was still available 60 days prior to sailing, they could book it for 3. Believe it or not, not only did an FV become available, but a corner FV was available. They booked that with 3 and put 2 in an aft CC cabin on the same deck. They really lucked out! They loved having those aft cabins in Alaska.

The FV's are great - but also consider that with 2 insides you'll have two bathrooms and the kids will have their own regular beds instead of the sleeper sofas. Not to mention at least some potential privacy for Mom & Dad. You should have no problem cancelling up to final payment date - I'm not so sure about after. If you plan on doing this make sure your travel agent (if you are using one) doesn't have change/cancellation fees. There are some good TA's out there that have no fees - I know because ours doesn't.

Archived