Best Arrival Time - Brisbane

scottym89

Now I know there is much debate around this on the board, but we're all trying to work out what time we should rock up for our cruise on Feb 20. In Sydney in July we arrived at 10.45ish, and no line up to "check in" hung around for a bit, and were on the ship about 20mins after gates opened. It was brilliant!

Now, Cruising from Brisbane, the grandparents left on Saturday, arrived at 11.30 and were in for a few hours wait to get on. What's everyone else's experience? We are planning 10.30 to arrive, hoping that boarding starts as planned at 11. Thoughts?

Oh, and apparently the gangway is fixed at Portside now?

Ta,

Scotty

Expect a line up, but you will find embarkment is quiet smooth and reasonably fast.We have previously arrived there at about 9am and booked in etc and allocated a bording code number and waited till bording time i think about 11am. By getting there early you are one of the first groups to board but also have a few hours to kill as well. getting there after 10.30am is probably a better option.

Hi Scotty,

If you arrive after 1.30pm you won't have to wait at all, but you may miss out on the most exciting aspect of the cruise...the queue (just my opinion). Most people like to arrive around 11-ish to be first onboard.

Also, if you are a Brisbane local, check with Princess for arrival times, as sometimes they are late.

Cheers,

Anna

Hi Scotty

If you arrive at 1.30 in Brisbane, you might be too late to get on board! :D

The gangway IS fixed and the PD has been leaving by 2.30. We were there for a tour and lunch a week ago and people were still coming off the ship at 9 to 9.30.

See you on the 21st! Not long now...:D Fingers crossed everything will be on time on 20th!

Cheers

Ahhh thanks guys!!

We are definitely doing earlier rather then later - I dont think I could stand the wait all day!!

The 9.30 idea is an interesting one, with portside just next door it doesn't seem so bad to have an hour and a half to kill.

Thanks everyone!!

See you on the 21st Sandy :) - as long as we are on the ship by 2pm, and don't leave it till March 6, I couldn't care less what runs late!!! hahahah

Ahhh thanks guys!!

We are definitely doing earlier rather then later - I dont think I could stand the wait all day!!

The 9.30 idea is an interesting one, with portside just next door it doesn't seem so bad to have an hour and a half to kill.

Thanks everyone!!

See you on the 21st Sandy :) - as long as we are on the ship by 2pm, and don't leave it till March 6, I couldn't care less what runs late!!! hahahah

We did something similar to D&D's last April went we went on the Pacific Sun.

Parked at about 8.00 or 8.30 at Andrews Parking, checked in early, got tickets for the first or second boarding group and went had some coffee and toast over at Portside. Then boarded with no fuss (the check-in lines when we got back from coffee and went to back to board were pretty long).

Got on the boat, found our cabins, registered in the kid's clubs and had something for lunch.

We were first time cruisers in a group of about 20 (including kids) with no clue of what we were doing, but it all seemed to work. The only tip we got from our TA was to register the kids into the kids club as soon as we got on board (I did not discover this site until after we got back).

Hi Scotty,

If you arrive after 1.30pm you won't have to wait at all, but you may miss out on the most exciting aspect of the cruise...the queue (just my opinion). Most people like to arrive around 11-ish to be first onboard.

Also, if you are a Brisbane local, check with Princess for arrival times, as sometimes they are late.

Cheers,

Anna

Umm, no, arriving after 1.30pm will mean you'll miss the most exciting aspect of the cruise - the whole cruise! Now that the gangway is fixed, departure's getting back to normal and the ship is leaving around 2pm.

Boarding in Brisbane normally commences around 10.30/11.00 depending on how quickly the disembarkation went.

Best time to get there is early - around 9.30 get checked in and get an early boarding pass - or a bit later, around 12.00 when most of the crowd has moved through the terminal.

Archived