Forum Maintenance: Wednesday March 20 @5:00 am ET Read more... ×
Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tsj

Just Back from the Fascination 3nt.

Hi all, I just returned from my 3 night aboard the Fascination to the Bahamas.

It was a Moms' only trip, our children attend school and church together, we had a fabulous time. There were six in our party, two of us had cruised previously. I was a bit concerned about a short cruise on an older ship, wondered if the ship would be in poor condition or that this might be a huge booze cruise. I'm happy to report that while this is an older ship we were pleased with her overall condition, yes some hallway carpet could be updated but our cabin a 6A on the Riviera Deck was clean and comfortable. I liked the white duvet covers over the blankets, they looked clean and fresh. Our room steward was Neva, she's from Bulgaria, very effiecent and friendly

We enjoyed the food very much and had a fine head waiter Rajesh from India and Alex from Romainia. Alex was returning home soon and very anxious to see his daughters all of us Moms were almost as excited for him as he was! We wish him well.

Our fellow passangers were varied, seniors, familes and a few other moms' groups. We met many nice interesting people, we enjoyed the clubs and activities and really felt at home. Most of us are light to moderate drinkers, not big partyers, this did not feel like a booze cruise to us, we had a great time.

Overall we were pleased with our cabin and service, the crew was friendly and helpful. This was a great quick getaway and a good value for the money. I'll be glad to answer any questions I can. tsj

Thanks for your review. I am going on 2/7; it was supposed to be with my husband for our 10 year Anniversary, but due to circumstances beyond our control he cannot go.

He suggested I go with a friend & that is what I am now doing. Very sad not to get away w/ DH; but looking forward to the break none-the-less.

Some questions; if you have the time:

What time did you board the Ship?

Did you fly into FLL or Miami?

How was the food?

Did you use SPA services?

Thanks again for your time.

Some questions; if you have the time:

What time did you board the Ship?

Did you fly into FLL or Miami?

How was the food?

Did you use SPA services?

Thanks again for your time.

We flew into FLL, took a a Carnival transfer to the port, we were among the first to board our flight arrived at FLL at 10:30, I think we were on by 12:30 give or take a half an hour.

Food was pretty good, Filllet & Beef Wellington were very good, prime rib and lobster fair. Overall we were pleased.

We didn't do the spa, it looked pretty pricey.

I am sure you will have a wonderful time on your cruise. tsj