AFT or MIDSHIP???

qbanrican84

I'd rather be midships...and close to stairs and elevators. I tend to do a bit of running back and forth to the cabin, and a few trips down those looooooooong hallways is a pain in the you-know-what.

True--the aft balconies are usually deeper, but since there's only 2 of us, and we're not hosting a party, a side balcony is fine.

We like to be close to the pool deck, since that's where we spend most of our time. Choose your deck by where YOU think you'lll spend most of your time!

If you mean aft facing the wake, rather than just in the aft, maybe a toss up. those aft cabins can be noisy from the thrusters noise, even if you get a extended balcony.

Midship more convenient, and we are starting to gravitate toward convenient lately.

Better in what regards? Motion, view, ease of access, size of room/balcony? Also depends on which ship as to layout.....

Motion...2 of us have vertigo issues :(

and ease of access as well....last year we spent more time walking up and down those halls than anything else! lol

For motion issues, lower and more center is best. I agree that slightly aft is better than slightly forward. In general, I would recommend picking a centered over a lower deck.

Think of the ship as a long stick going front to back with a second shorter stick coming up from the center. If you rock the ship from the center place where the two sticks meet, moving 1-2 rooms forward/back is about the same distance as going up a deck. With most ships at about 14 decks high, you don't want to be too much more than that distance forward or back, although you could probably go double the distance aft. So maybe 30 rooms to the aft from dead center and 15 rooms forward. Bring that range in by one room for each deck you move up. This does not account for side to side roll, which will be greater based on deck height, but most people feel the up and down motion is more of a problem than the roll. Hope that helps.

I ask too many questions, I know...LOL :o

Which is better though, midship or aft? I'm getting a balcony. :) Does the deck matter? Which ones' better?

We definitely would opt for mid-ship because the farther aft you are, the more your body "reacts" to the movement or it seemed that way to us...I am prone to motion sickness and the aft cabin definitely affected me. Haven't had any problems when we're mid-ship. We try to always choose a cabin that is forward of the aft elevators. Deck wise, we choose our cabin by what's above or below. Enjoy your cruise!

• 1 month later...
I ask too many questions, I know...LOL :o

Which is better though, midship or aft? I'm getting a balcony. :) Does the deck matter? Which ones' better?

For the view, midships and high. For the ride, midships and low. (Put your hand out, palm down. Roll your hand up and down. Which moves more, your fingers or your knuckles?)

Archived