Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bazan

One way car rental and hotel suggestion from Orlando to Ft Laudedale

Hi ,

Anyone have any suggestions as to which car rental company to book for a one way rental from Orlando (MCO) to Ft Lauderdale (preferably dropping off at Port Everglades rather than airport.). We are going on the Independence for Mar 20, but we are flying in to MCO on the 18th and plan to drive the 20th morning for 4 hrs to Ft Lauderdale to catch our sailing. I have check some companies and some seems to tag on outrageous drop off charge for my 2 days rental. I am dravelling with my wife and a 4 yr old and 1 yr old so we will need car seat/booster rental as well (not sure...last time when renting in Orlando they don't charge us for car seat). Because I am travelling with kids, I would prefer the most straight forward and easiest way as possible (and therefore my preference for dropping off at the port rather than airport) ... Any suggestions? Codes? Agents? etc..?

Also any suggestions for hotels? we are planning to stay in Orlando for the 2 days, not going into the partks but just taking the kids to downtown disney etc... (they are more than happy with that). So just need some hotels suggestions (if any). .. in particular the hilton brand cause we are a member of them and can rack up points (we don't need anything fancy, was looking at the Hilton Garden inn...)

Just want to plan this a bit better (and saving some $) .. and I am sure you all know this especially when travelling with kids. Thanks in advance for all suggestions.

Check out travelocity for rental info. We are using Alamo for a one way MCO to MIA. No drop charge. Others such as Thrifty are charging a drop.

Check out travelocity for rental info. We are using Alamo for a one way MCO to MIA. No drop charge. Others such as Thrifty are charging a drop.

Priceline have some great deals for 3 star airport hotels, the drive to

downtown Disney is usually about 15 mins

I recently got the country inn & suites by Carlson for $40 per night including

tax, Also I think the Baymont has rooms near universal for $50 which includes breakfast, I have also heard that he Costco site has some great car hire deals