Former Club Med Paradise Island?

Dolphins

For many years we enjoyed going to the beautiful Club Med Paradise Island for winter vacations. Later we bought day passes there when we came off a cruise ship in Nassau. Now Club Med has sold the property and a hotel will be built there. I understand that construction has not yet begun on the site and I was wondering if the property is at all accessible to the public? If not, we would like to spend some time on the beautiful beach in front of the former Club Med property. What is the best way to get to that beach?

For many years we enjoyed going to the beautiful Club Med Paradise Island for winter vacations. Later we bought day passes there when we came off a cruise ship in Nassau. Now Club Med has sold the property and a hotel will be built there. I understand that construction has not yet begun on the site and I was wondering if the property is at all accessible to the public? If not, we would like to spend some time on the beautiful beach in front of the former Club Med property. What is the best way to get to that beach?

Club MEd was bought up by Atlantis and some of the units are still used to house a few construction workers -

It's not easy to access. You would either have to enter next to the RIU (Sheraton GRAND) at the public pathway and walk all the way down past the RIU, past Atlantis, past the breakwater, past Paradise Beach and then on the Club med beach..

Or.. you can take a tour to Colonial Beach (near the Lighthouse) and then walk to Club Med.

Here's the tour group that goes to Colonial Beach

http://www.the-bahamas-activities.com/islandtourspartycat/index.shtml

Club MEd was bought up by Atlantis and some of the units are still used to house a few construction workers -

It's not easy to access. You would either have to enter next to the RIU (Sheraton GRAND) at the public pathway and walk all the way down past the RIU, past Atlantis, past the breakwater, past Paradise Beach and then on the Club med beach..

Or.. you can take a tour to Colonial Beach (near the Lighthouse) and then walk to Club Med.

Here's the tour group that goes to Colonial Beach

http://www.the-bahamas-activities.com/islandtourspartycat/index.shtml

Thank you for your help. Is there any way to take a cab from the cruise dock over the bridge and left on Paradise Beach Drive to end, then right to Pirates Cove Drive which is near the Club Med Beach on the map I saw on the internet. Is that map obsolete? Or could I just get boat near the cruise dock to take me to Colonial Beach?

Thank you for your help. Is there any way to take a cab from the cruise dock over the bridge and left on Paradise Beach Drive to end, then right to Pirates Cove Drive which is near the Club Med Beach on the map I saw on the internet. Is that map obsolete? Or could I just get boat near the cruise dock to take me to Colonial Beach?

Nope. The roads no longer exist.

The only road going west on the island goes directly to The COVE Atlantis, and you have to pass thru a security gate. And they won't let you thru.

There is no Pirates Cove Drive anymore, no Paradise, Paradise, no Holiday Inn Pirates Cove.. nothing you will recognize.

The area between the COVE and Club med is a construction site with silo's and trucks and piles of sand/dirt etc.

Nope. The roads no longer exist.

The only road going west on the island goes directly to The COVE Atlantis, and you have to pass thru a security gate. And they won't let you thru.

There is no Pirates Cove Drive anymore, no Paradise, Paradise, no Holiday Inn Pirates Cove.. nothing you will recognize.

The area between the COVE and Club med is a construction site with silo's and trucks and piles of sand/dirt etc.

Thanks again for bringing us up to date on the current status of the former Club Med Paradise Island. It is so sad to find out that that beautiful village, formerly the estate of millionaire Huntington Hartford, with 20 clay courts and flowers and shrubs from all over the world is now a construction site of piles of sand and dirt. I guess it's true that you can't go back again.

Thanks again for bringing us up to date on the current status of the former Club Med Paradise Island. It is so sad to find out that that beautiful village, formerly the estate of millionaire Huntington Hartford, with 20 clay courts and flowers and shrubs from all over the world is now a construction site of piles of sand and dirt. I guess it's true that you can't go back again.

Some of the buildings are still erect (mainly those that face the harbour). but they are vacant the sleeping units have been made into barracks for the construction workers. Trees and shrubs are overgrown but some are still there. They just haven't been cared for. The tennis courts by the harbour are used by Atlantis..(but the area around them are pretty cut up.

This area was to be the next Phase of Atlantis, and then all construction was halted.

Some of the buildings are still erect (mainly those that face the harbour). but they are vacant the sleeping units have been made into barracks for the construction workers. Trees and shrubs are overgrown but some are still there. They just haven't been cared for. The tennis courts by the harbour are used by Atlantis..(but the area around them are pretty cut up.

This area was to be the next Phase of Atlantis, and then all construction was halted.

Happy to hear they did not destroy the tennis courts or that beautiful building called Harbourside. If they ever complete construction on that Atlantis addition, we may go back there.

Archived