woodwind snorkeling bonaire

luvtoswim

Dee and Woodwind is the BEST snorkel adventure you could ever have! I can easily say this was the best money we've ever spent on a snorkeling trip.

Their catamaran is gorgeous, the guides are the best, Klein Bonaire is NOT to be missed, and their snacks and drinks were fantastic. Top notch all the way!

This was the best snorkel excursion we have ever been on. Dee is very concerned about the safety and well being of both her clients and her environment.

We would do this again if we get back to Bonaire. Absolutely good value and a wonderful time.

John

TBN Hubby here...

The only regret I had was that I did not book on the afternoon IN ADDITION to the morning trip that I took.

Dividing the passengers by ability plus the best reef ever puts this at the top of my 'must return' list.

• 3 weeks later...

We just did the snorkel trip last week-- its was great. I can agree with all the raving that has been done on this board about them. One person in our party had never snorkeled before and is a very weak swimmer. Dee worked with her and now she loves snorkeling.

There are just 2 things that I think should be mentioned. 1. It is about a 10-15 minute walk from the cruise ship to where the Woodwind catamaran is located. Some people were surprised about the walk.

2. We definitely had jelly fish-and I think everyone got stung. They do have some wetsuits for people to wear, but I don't think they have them for everyone. I would highly recommend a long sleeve rash guard or t-shirt or something. The bites feel like a bee sting. The jelly fish are VERY small- nobody ever actually saw them, but the crew confirmed that they were jelly fish.

Once again, it was a great trip. The 2 things mentioned above did not spoil it

Hi~~

One thing about the walk if thats to far you better not do this snorkel!!!!!!! If it takes you 15 minutes to do this walk your out of shape and should not do this tour !!!!!

This is the best snorkel tour we have ever had !! if you can find better I need to know !!!

This is a once in a life time company ~~~ they take care of you better than your grandmother could take care of her grandkids

These people are pro's !!!!!!

Thanks

Rico and Maria

• 3 months later...
Are the jelly fish only around at certain times of the year or are they permanent residents. I have never run into them the few times I have snokelled.

I don't know their habits, but you can encounter them throughout the Caribbean.

I find that rash guard shirts provide some protection from the little stingy things:D.

They also offer some warmth along with UV protection, usually @ 50UV. They are spandex and nylon or polyester material so they don't absorb water as tee shirts do.

If you're unfamiliar with them, visit a local sporting goods store or dive shop.

We didn't run into any jellyfish. My wife and I did wear long sleeve rash guards and I'd highly recommend them for snorkeling overall and especially longer snorkels like this trip for a number of reasons including sun protection, protection from items in the sea (like jellyfish) and warmth. Even in warm waters it can get chilly snorkeling for an hour.

I just posted pictures and a review of our Woodwind trip:

Bonaire  Morning sail in viewed from our veranda

I couldn't imagine having have as great an experiance with any other group let alone on our own.

I will say that we are adults in our 50's and in good, but not wonderful physical condition. This is not a good trip for people that are very out of shape and can not exercise much. The point someone made that if the 15 minute walk is uncomfortable for you then this trip is not for you is very correct.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think so. She could but it wouldn't be very fun. Look at the photos in my post above. There are a lot of snorkeling trips that are as much about sailing and the boat ride as they are about snorkeling. Woodwind isn't one of them. This is all about snorkeling and the boat ride is just transportation from the shore to the snorkeling area.

The trip is only about 3 hours so I think if you want to snorkel and your wife doesn't then go without her. If that doesn't work for you, and I understand completely if it doesn't, then find a different trip or snorkeling area or something else to do all together.

Woodwinds did leave from a small dive resort about a 10 or 15 min walk from the pier. You might call woodwind and ask if she can hang out there and if there would be a place for her to sit and relax there, for example a lounger by the pool or waterfront) and read while you're on the snorkeling tour. I think it was the Divi Flamingo Resort: http://www.diviresorts.com/resorts/flamingo/bonaire-photo-gallery.html

Archived