Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KandMGIn

Conquest 1/9/05 Review LONG (I mean really long)

Kristen, Sycamore is nice, been there many times though not in awhile but not sure about the Pizza there LOL St Charles has really boomed over the last 15 years, I remember when that was the Country now everyone has found the Country and you need to go even further Yes, home prices are crazy, makes me wonder how our kids will do it, I work rehabbing homes so hopefully we will be able to help when the time comes,,,Its funny how we travel all over and never take advantage of all our own city has to offer, even during the winter, but we will spend thousands to go somewhere when some of those same places we visit their people are coming here to visit LOL I made a pact to myself to make sure we just dont travel more but also enjoy more of what is in our own backyard, one of the great cities of the world..Already enjoy a ton of concerts though since the World Music Theatre is 10 minutes away and I know all the quick ways in and out LOL already looking for the next cruise here too LOL

Kristen:

Hi! We are also planning on going to Sunset Beach on Mo' Bay - am I correct that the $20 fee covers everything - including food and drinks? Is that all you can eat or drink?

We're leaving on Conquest April 3rd - so excited! Thanks for the great info in your review.

Kathy:)

Mike...Hahah LOL the pizza here is not too bad! We have a Rosaties. :eek: LOL. We too need to do more in the city. I miss the Metro concerts. Last thing we saw at the World (or should we say Tweeter :mad:) was Aerosmith. That was about two years ago. Geez, we do not get out much! We were thinking about doind a weekend in Chicago and going to see all the touristy stuff. There was a big article in the Trib in the Metro or Travel section (I cannot remember which) that talked about all the awesome things to do that we homebodies brush off becuase they are the out of towner places.

Hey, did I read in another post that you have never had lobster away from the ship? Let me tell you, the lobster on the ship is like New Orleans Gulf lobster or something. There is a big diff between that and cold water lobster such as Maine. Try a good Maine lobster (prbably about 25-35 a tail) and oh my, yummy! To save money you can buy fresh from your local fish/meat market and cook at home.

Hi ConquestMike and other fellow Chicagoans-

I too am a south sider though now live in Woodridge. I've visited east and west coasts as well as the south and no where measures up to Chicago in my mind. I've got family in Tinley Park/Orland area and love going down to visit them. Would move back south if closer to work.

In regards to pizza, I never found the pizza all that good on Carnival Fantasy or Paradise over the years. Guess I'm spoiled with excellent Chicago pizza!

Any of you have any favorites in the dining room food wise? Just curious as I'm going on Conquest 5/1/05.

Thanks, Debi

Hi Debi, Have to admit Im jealous your going and we are already back,,,you make it sound like Orland is sooo far South LOL My favorite was something else I never tried and that was the Salmon on Saturday Night, lots of good desserts and appetizers, MMMM French Onion Soup, Prime Rib wasnt bad,,,these stood out for dinner especially the Salmon and Im someone that is not big on fish but figured a cruise is the place to try different things..for lunch, skip the buffet unless you want a salad, go to the deli or a burger from the grill, both excellent,,Breakfast, well, what can you doi with breakfast when feeding thousands so again the best part is the Omelettes made to order in the middle of the buffet, Eggs made how you like em too I believe but I stuck with the spicy Omelettes mostly,,,Pizza, a very good kinda quickie pizza is how I describe it, good snack but definitely not what we are used to in any way,,,missed the chocolate buffet by 10 minutes Saturday afternoon during the lunch buffet,,,room service food ok, kids loved ordering it though...are you going to swim with the dolphins Debi in Cozumel?? If so book beforehand with Cozumelinsider and save lots of money compared to booking on the ship....

Yes Kristen, Rosatis is a good one, have one close by here too, plus about 50 others including my favorite, Nancy's Stuffed...last time I was through Sycamore I think they only had a post office and a car repair garage like Gomer's from Mayberry, the whole far, far west suburban landscape has changed sooo much, they even have Pizza now LOL Last show we seen at "Tweeters" Ugh was Tim McGraw in the rain, kinda cool though and it was great listening to the radio while they were talking to people on the phone leaving the concert, stuck in traffic and we were pulling in our driveway LOL Already have Cubs tickets for next season, avid fan but never seem to go and want my kids to experience Wrigley Field, nuthin like it in the rest of the league..and your right about the Lobster, secong time Ive had it and jusr have yet to be real impressed with it is all, I mean as far as the price goes it should be the best thing I ever ate and just have not seen what all the fuss is all about is all, maybe just me LOL I dont know if you remember, Im giving away my age LOL, but in the late 70's and early 80's we couldnt get Copors Beer here east of the Mississippi so whenever anyone went west they would bring Coors back with em and everyone would go crazy over it, once it started being sold here the novelty quickly wore off and hardly anyone drinks it now, well, i havent drank beer in years so again maybe I shouldnt coomment LOL but thats what Lobster reminds me of, somehow its better because we dont have easy access to it...Just my humble opinion, gimme the Pizza instead MMMMM or a steak !!

Debi, I would have to agree with Mike on all accounts. There was a Thai noddle/chicken appetizer in the dining room one night. Oh yum!

Mike...hahah I was joking about the rosaties. Nancy's is very good! We just recently went to a California Pizza Kitchen and I must say that I was impressed!! Very good Thai pizza. Ok Ok Yes I like Thai!

I do not remember the Coors beer thing, I was born in '75 :D . He He. BUT, I will say that I went to Western Illinois and Zima was inrtoduced there. We were the test subjects. It was really hot at first and we thought we were soooo cool. But look at Zima now! :eek: So do know what you mean about the lobster.