best place for a beach day

costaco

Lac Bay is about 15 minutes from the pier. The same cab driver will come back and pick you up at a set time. I think it was $10 a person round trip.

Do you know if there is a public bus that can take you to Lac Bay?

• 3 weeks later...
If we want to spend the day on the beach(not snorkelling), would you suggest going over to Klein? or staying somewhere closer to port?

Thank you.

We went to a small beach called Souribon it cost $10 each in a taxi quite small and very pleasent loungers were $10 for 2 the bar was very rustic with a sand floor and great food drinks very reasonable priced. The water was crystal clear with soft white sand. The fish were swimming all around us. We had a fab day would go back in a heartbeat.:D:D

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Does anyone know if Souribon or Lac Bay rents snorkel gear? We won't have our own. Thanks in advance.

Don't know about snorkling gear but there was a watersports hut at Souribon which was renting out windsufing gear, there were some divers around so maybe try and contact tourist authority. When you get off the pier there is a tourst officer who just seems to know everthing so you could ask them. Have a great trip.:D

• 1 month later...

Sorobon Beach is by the Resort of the same name, is located on the point of Lac Bay south side.

Around the Lac Bay to the north is the Kontiki Resort which is where I believe the previous poster hung outfor the day.

I hope this helps clarify things for you all.

Archived