• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Returning Splendour Cruisers Wanted

If anyone wants to write a review about the Med cruise, we only got one (much appreciated) from May 15 and that was it.

Also, if anyone stayed in the aft of the ship, deck 7, would you please let me know all about it.

My cruise is three weeks away and I am anxious to read everything.

Thanks.

Splendour of the Seas - Med
June 19, 2004 from Barcelona

Thanks Floyd. I was more concerned with the back of the ship, and I believe the front is not as bad.

I would love to hear from someone who was near cabin 7119.

Splendour of the Seas - Med
June 19, 2004 from Barcelona

WAS ON SHIP FOR THAT CRUISE. WE WERE ON DECK 6 TOWARDS THE FRONT - OUTSIDE CABIN. NO PROBLEMS. THE CRUISE WAS WONDERFUL; BUT EXHAUSTING. AT MOST YOU GET FIVE HOURS SLEEP A NIGHT. THE FOOD WAS GOOD. BETTER THAN THE ADVENTURE. BUT DON'T EXPECT GREAT FOOD. THEIR ARE FOUR SEATING TIMES WHICH MAKES IT VERY DIFFICULT TO ENJOY ANY OF THE ONSHIP ENTERTAINMENT. WHO WANTS TO GO TO A SHOW AT 10:45PM WHEN YOU HAVE TO BE UP AT 6:00AM THE NEXT MORNING? ON SHIP ACTIVITIES ARE NOT AS MUCH AS OTHER CRUISES BECAUSE YOU SPEND SO LITTLE TIME ON BOARD. HOWEVER, THEY COULD OF AT LEAST HAD AN ENGLISH SPEAKING COMIC. THE TOURS ARE GREAT -- FIRST CLASS. YOU REALLY NEED THE TOURS IN EUROPE.

Moon

Check out this site for lots of info on the Med and other Splendour cruises. There is an album from “crusinsince 75” that show photos from a deck 7 aft room.

We are in deck seven aft later this winter for W. Caribbean.

Marci

Happy Cruising !

9 cruises - RCCL
3 cruises - Carnival

Moondawgie...

We were on Deck 8.. aft...

Only problem we had was we could sometimes hear stuff from the pool deck above...

No problem with motion... convenient to getting kids to Ocean Adventure...

Have a great cruise... we were on the same Med cruise August 2003... had a super time.

Rest up before you go... definitely a port intensive trip.

Susan

Splendour of the Seas - August 9, 2003

Guest Crazeecat5
Hi Baum
DH and I will be on the July 24th cruise. 2 questions -
Any truth to the 10:00 PM dinner seating?
What did you do in the ports? Ship excursions, private drivers, etc.? Would love to hear about it.
Thanks,
Sheryl

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;7;24;16;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100[/img]
until cruising on the Splendor of the Seas

Here's the scoop on dinner seating. You still sign up as early/late, BUT there are two earlies and two lates and you are assigned to one of them.
6:30 early - deck 4 dining room
7:30 early - deck 5 dining room
9:00 late - deck 4 d.r
10:00 late - deck 5 d.r.

Your cruise card would say "LATE SEATING - 9:00 pm". They actually did time change requests at a special table in the checkin area on the pier as you boarded.

I was with a group and we had our own tours, but the people who did the RCCL tours said they were well organized and had good tour guides. It's a very long and intense itinerary as most people are off the ship from early morning until 6 pm or so.

Archived