Passport cost going up SOON

MrsPete

Passports are increasing by $35/person on March 11th.

Sorry it is not March 11th, it is under review until then

A top State Department official Friday defended plans to raise passport-application fees by $35, to $135 per adult — a move that one New York congressman called “mind-boggling” and another called “immoral.” The increase, along with a new fee of $82 to add visa pages to passport books, could take effect within weeks after the required public-comment period on the proposal ends March 11.

Well, you're better informed about it than I am.

Still, I'd bet it's going through. How often do these government departments talk about an increase and NOT get it passed? I mean, look at the post office. The obvious advice implicit in this comment still stands: If you're going to get a passport soon, it would likely be wise to do it sooner rather than later.

Still, I'd bet it's going through. How often do these government departments talk about an increase and NOT get it passed? I mean, look at the post office. The obvious advice implicit in this comment still stands: If you're going to get a passport soon, it would likely be wise to do it sooner rather than later.

It will most likely go through but not on March 11 as stated, that is what I was correcting not the content of the message:D

While it didn't involve a price increase, you may remember when the effective dates of proposals requiring passports for most international travel were postponed time and time again, because of Congressional opposition. Eventually they did settle on effective dates (which took place years after they were originally planned) but even then there were exemptions built into the final policies.

For those who strongly object to the proposed price increase, it is imperative that you file your objections before the deadline for public comment passes. That should be your primary suggestion, rather than blithely accepting the inevitability of the increase. Sometimes our voice can be heard. :)

Archived