tuffy88

Bayside-Holliday Inn

We are booking a cruise on the Pearl next October and want to stay at the Bayside Holliday Inn near the the Port of Miami. Has anyone stayed there? And what are their prices? Thanks.

Charles

We are booking a cruise on the Pearl next October and want to stay at the Bayside Holliday Inn near the the Port of Miami. Has anyone stayed there? And what are their prices? Thanks.

Charles

Prices can vary daily, I am sure that there are a couple hundred websites you can look at to find a price for the day you will be there.:rolleyes:

Sorry, but this probably not a great place to get prices. Hotel prices go all over the place based on demand, which is tied to day or week, conventions or other events, season, etc.

I would start with the hotel website and put in a few different days and see what discounts you might qualify for. The prices listed there are a thousand times better information than what somebody else paid.

You can also check the PORTS OF CALL boards here for more information on hotels in the area.

Charles

Charles, for the money and for one night I would recommend it, for more than that I think you are better off at the Intercontinental. The Holiday Inn has fair rooms, nothing bad, just what you would expect and a great location. We found the staff to be either unfriendly or unknowledgable, the food so so and the service in the dining room really bad, plus the pool area is just fair at best. But the outstanding location outweighed the hotel problems for us.

Nita

Charles, for the money and for one night I would recommend it, for more than that I think you are better off at the Intercontinental. The Holiday Inn has fair rooms, nothing bad, just what you would expect and a great location. We found the staff to be either unfriendly or unknowledgable, the food so so and the service in the dining room really bad, plus the pool area is just fair at best. But the outstanding location outweighed the hotel problems for us.

Nita

Nita is right we stayed at HI-POM in 2008 and loved being right across the street from Bayside Marketplace. The room was just okay but service was really lacking. When I looked at room rates for Jan. on HI website (they also own the Intercontinental) the HI-POM was $158 and the IC was about $340. True the HI is a 3 * and IC is a 5* but I couldn't afford that but got some info. and got the IC for $161.00! You won't have to pay nearly that much in October. If you want the info just email me and I will pass it along.

The IC was really clean, staff helpful and really spectacular views of the port so you can see your ship in the morning. From our window we could see Bayside. It wasn't as close as HI but it was less than a 5 min. walk even for slow walkers like myself. I would attach pics but for some reason I am no longer able to do that.

I will be staying at HI POM this coming Friday. Does anyone know if this is walking distance to port or do we still need to get transportation? I know its "across the street" but with luggage, etc. i'm guessing we'll have to grab transportation?

P.S. I had Priority Club points so I spent 25,000 to get this room

I will be staying at HI POM this coming Friday. Does anyone know if this is walking distance to port or do we still need to get transportation? I know its "across the street" but with luggage, etc. i'm guessing we'll have to grab transportation?

Although I guess you could technically walk, I wouldn't. It is "right across the street" but it is pretty far. We took a cab and it was about $7. :-)

Prices can vary daily, I am sure that there are a couple hundred websites you can look at to find a price for the day you will be there.:rolleyes:

I have it booked for March 14 for our cruise and it cost me $180 for one night, I guess it depends on the time of year, I wanted to stay someplace that there was something to do with the bayside marketplace across the street, I checked out alot of hotels alot were over $300, and I always check the reviews before I book, the Holiday Inn for most part got good reviews, of course there were some bad ones. The hotels that were really cheap sounded pretty bad. I will give you my review of the hotel in two weeks when I return.

It would be one heck of a walk...

Nita

I have it booked for March 14 for our cruise and it cost me $180 for one night, I guess it depends on the time of year, I wanted to stay someplace that there was something to do with the bayside marketplace across the street, I checked out alot of hotels alot were over $300, and I always check the reviews before I book, the Holiday Inn for most part got good reviews, of course there were some bad ones. The hotels that were really cheap sounded pretty bad. I will give you my review of the hotel in two weeks when I return.

Have a great cruise, for one night you will be fine..It isn't bad, just not good.Does that make any sense?

Nita

Have a great cruise, for one night you will be fine..It isn't bad, just not good.Does that make any sense?

Nita

Complete sense. That is exactly how I feel about the hotel.

I could not stay more than one night. They really should renovate the hall ways and rooms and it would be a great hotel because of the location.

Edited by familyof4cruising

we stayed there last Christmas before our cruise. We booked through Priority Club for around $100 . They gave us a port side room on an upper floor. This allowed us to watch the ship come in the morning which was great. The hotel is older but clean. The pool small but nice set up for its location. We were not looking for anyone to wait on us but the staff was always willing to answer our questions. We ate dinner and breakfast at Bayside across the street. You would need a very quick cab ride to the port from the hotel. If you are looking for luxury this is not the hotel. It is clean and in a great location.

We stayed at the Crown Plaza last October. Are they connected to the Holliday Inns? They both have a "priority club" card. If so I don't know if that card will do any good at the Holliday Inn.

Charles

Nita

That too is the best description for our stay as well. It's fine for one night, convenient for Bayside. There is a Wallgreens very near by. We bought pop there. The price was very, very reasonable.

just stayed there with 'points' in january....we were on one of the top floors with a great view of BAYSIDE and the PORT so COOL to walk in the room and there are CRUISE SHIPS out your window.....we ENJOYED our stay very much...room was CLEAN, BIG and bed was comfy....NICE for a nights prestay and we LIKED shoppin over at BAYSIDE and eatin at BUBBA GUMPs!!! i wouldn't hesitate to stay again on our next POM cruise!!

we found the staff helpful and accomodating and it was NICE to have the shopping/eating at BAYSIDE and right down the street a CVS for last minute snacks and drinks.

Glad to hear Walgreens nearby. We will need to pick up soda, etc. Probably spend the afternoon at Bayside and then just hang out. Will call tomorrow to request a port side room.