Golf Cart Review

bishop35

does anyone know if you can purchase a credit card at the grocery store (visa master card american express) put 100.00 on it and use that to hold your reservation. I would feel more comfortable using something like that that has a small amount of money on it rather than my personal credit/debit card. I am not sure if that type of card can be used over the internet or as a phone charge.

does anyone know if you can purchase a credit card at the grocery store (visa master card american express) put 100.00 on it and use that to hold your reservation. I would feel more comfortable using something like that that has a small amount of money on it rather than my personal credit/debit card. I am not sure if that type of card can be used over the internet or as a phone charge.

Check the rules on the card.

My boss bought a coworker an AmEx gift card to use on their honeymoon in Aruba. They found out on their trip that the AmEx could only be used in the US.

I found Nathan's phone # here on these boards way back last year. Here's what I have in my notes: Nathan Smith........(cell) 1-649-231-4856 and (home) 1-649-946-1869. We reached him on his cell phone. Actually played phone tag for a day or two. If he doesn't answer, leave a message. He'll get back to you.

Thanks for the great idea! We'll be there in 2 weeks and weren't sure what to do there- now we know! Just a quick question- Where exactly do you go once you're on the cart? i.e. is there a road that everyone takes, or are there many roads and you just go wherever? Is there a road that follows the beach? Any problems with cars/traffic?

Thanks for any assistance!

Jeff

Nathan was great to use. Although when we arrived we located the golf carts, but no Nathan. I called his cell and within 10 minutes he was on scene. I filled out his paperwork and we were off in about 10 minutes. We drove into downtown Cockburn to snorkel with Blue Water Divers. We parked the cart in an alley and took the key, it was right where we left it when we got back two hours later. We then drove to the far end of the island to see the lighthouse. Nice ride, but not too much to see. Grand Turk is very poor and very underdeveloped. For us it would have been a $40 cab ride to and from the ship for our snorkeling. For an additional $40 I got to see the rest of the island on my time. I highly recommend renting a cart. The day we arrived he only had two unrented carts left, and they were gone in a heartbeat.

We just returned from Grand Turk and pre-reserved a Golf Cart from Nathan at $80 for up to 4 people. The cart really won't hold any more unless they are very small. I gave him my credit card number on the telephone. You walk out of the Cruise Port area past the parking lot and turn left at the Road. You walk a short distance on the road and you will see the Carts on the right just after the Guard shack. I did not see any type of van for transfer and it was very HOT. We were given a Map, so you could see what highlights of the island were where. Don't forget you do have to drive on the Left and there are Round A Bouts. Once we passed the Hospital the road turned to dirt. It was very bumpy, so we turned around and back on the tar. Even a tarred road was bumpy from time to time. Not good for someone with a bad back! We drove all the way to the Lighthouse. The view was fabulous. On our return we ventured off the main road to try to find beaches. If your back can handle it, there are dirt roads where you will see tire paths, so you can go down them. The Beach sand is very soft and "spongy". I don't think it's a good idea to plan to drive right on a beach as you will probably get stuck.

We ended up at Governor's Beach which was beautiful. They wanted $10 per lounge but I got 3 for $20. They have snorkle equipment for rent, too. This beach is only about 5-10 minutes from the port.

We too rented carts last week and had a blast on the island. Thankfully we booked in advance b/c they were all sold out by the time we got there. They did have 2 jeep wranglers to rent for the same price but hubby wanted the golf carts. We explored the WHOLE island and ventured down the bumpy dirt roads. Had fabulous conch salad and conch fritters at Conch World (dirt road) and fell in love with the island and the people. No, it's not a rich island, and you can still see damage from Ike (Cat 4 in 2008) but definately worth exploring on your own.

• 2 weeks later...
Nathan was great to use. Although when we arrived we located the golf carts, but no Nathan. I called his cell and within 10 minutes he was on scene. I filled out his paperwork and we were off in about 10 minutes. We drove into downtown Cockburn to snorkel with Blue Water Divers. We parked the cart in an alley and took the key, it was right where we left it when we got back two hours later. We then drove to the far end of the island to see the lighthouse. Nice ride, but not too much to see. Grand Turk is very poor and very underdeveloped. For us it would have been a $40 cab ride to and from the ship for our snorkeling. For an additional $40 I got to see the rest of the island on my time. I highly recommend renting a cart. The day we arrived he only had two unrented carts left, and they were gone in a heartbeat.

We were there that morning with you We were not really sure how it was going to work out after swimming the pond on the road LOL. It was a really good day going where we wanted too. W went to the end of the island to see the lighthouse and then cruised around a little. We stopped to get gas and put 5 bucks in and also tipped the attendant 5 dollars. Rather than buying gaudy trinkets we figured tipping him was good. We parked out golf cart in the grass at Governors beach and had absolutely no trouble. For two people we rented a cart for 60.00.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived