"LIVE" From the Oasis of the Seas / March 6, 2010

Love the pics so far especially the night shots. It is just a tease of what is to come. We sail on the Oasis Nov. 6 and can't wait to see the ship on this virtual cruise with you. Enjoy and keep the blog going. Thank you so much for sharing.

Good Morning everyone. . . Wow I was up early this morning to watch some of the ships pull in to Port Everglades. I was surprised to see the first ship pull in at 4AM (Costa Atlantica), followed by the Oasis at 430Am, and MSC Poesia close behind at 445AM. After the first 3 ships, I dozed off a little, just to wake up at 7AM to a beautiful sight of many ships in port.

The view from up here is wonderful, and I am happy that I was able to stay here at the Hyatt Pier 66.

We are thinking of boarding at about 11(ish). We will be driving, so it wont take us too long to get to Terminal 18. I will be taking as many photos as I can from inside the “World’s Largest Cruise Terminal” . . . or until they tell me “Sorry, No Pictures”

I hope to have by “office” set up in my cabin, by around 1 so I should have a few hours before we sail to send some “first impressions” photos.

I do have to decide though, if I want a cup from Dunkin Donuts (across the street), or visit Starbucks (4 Blocks away). . . .hmmmm decisions, decisions.

Thanks for all of the nice comments so far, I hope to be able to provide a passengers point of view while sailing this week.

Here are a couple of pics from this morning, and my next post should be on board the Beautiful Oasis of the Seas.

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

;);)

Early morning arrival of Oasis of the Seas

S1.JPG

She is sitting pretty, just waiting for me. . .

S3.JPG

The passengers must begin Debarkation, so I can come aboard.

S5.JPG

Independence of the Seas , Costa Atlantica, and Oasis of the Seas (HAL Eurodam is docked behind Indy)

MSC Poesia, and Crown Princess are to the right.

S8.JPG

I do have to decide though, if I want a cup from Dunkin Donuts (across the street), or visit Starbucks (4 Blocks away). . . .hmmmm decisions, decisions.

Have fun!! :)

Oh yea....Dunkin Doughnuts............Starbucks is so overrated;)

Radio -

Enjoy your cruise on the Oasis today which I'm sure you will.

I can't wait to enjoy your journey with you this week. I'm getting chemo tues - thursday so thank you becausey you will be helping me get through those ugly three days ready your live blogs. I'm addicted to cruising and cancer has stopped me for awhile cruising so this is the fix I need. I just pray I'm able to go in April in between treatments.

I get chemo every other week for 3 days. So I'm trying to go for a week in between

treatments. I lost 47 lbs. so I'm ready for a bathsuit. LOL

I truly hope you and your wife have a wonderful relaxing sunny warm fun cruise.

Thanks for keeping us entertained. Safe travels.

David from NJ

IMO Dunkin is far better coffee than Starbucks.

I find Starbucks to taste burnt and bitter.

[Maybe in a double latte mixed motcha Frappa, or whatever they are called, people don't notice the taste];)

Have a wonderful safe cruise.

Radio I am looking forward to reading your posts on the Oasis. We still have 335 days until we sail. I hope you stopped by Starbucks instead of Duncan Donuts. I love Starbucks, must must say Duncan does have the best donuts. I enjoyed seeing the pictures of the Oasis in port. Now looking forward to seeing more pictures of the inside. Thanks so much for doing this. Enjoy your cruise.

I've heard that when it comes to straight coffee, many prefer DD to Starbucks. But as I'm not a coffee drinker, and prefer chai (which I call "cappuccino for tea drinkers"),

I definitely prefer Starbucks. Four blocks from the Hyatt, you say? Hmmm, may have to find a closer hotel when we sail on Allure next year. :D

That said, Radio, can you find out if there's a place on board that serves chai? I'm hoping that if they have it on Oasis, they'll have it on Allure. ;)

Enjoying this thread so far. Enjoy your cruise, Radio and Mrs. Radio!

Very much looking forward to your posts this week! :) We sail on Freedom of the Seas in May and I plan on going through that thread soon from your August 2009 sailing. Bon Voyage to Mrs.Radio and you! Thanks for taking the time to share with all of us!! I LOVE your commentary and pictures!

Radio -

Enjoy your cruise on the Oasis today which I'm sure you will.

I can't wait to enjoy your journey with you this week. I'm getting chemo tues - thursday so thank you becausey you will be helping me get through those ugly three days ready your live blogs. I'm addicted to cruising and cancer has stopped me for awhile cruising so this is the fix I need. I just pray I'm able to go in April in between treatments.

I get chemo every other week for 3 days. So I'm trying to go for a week in between

treatments. I lost 47 lbs. so I'm ready for a bathsuit. LOL

I truly hope you and your wife have a wonderful relaxing sunny warm fun cruise.

Thanks for keeping us entertained. Safe travels.

David from NJ

Prayers from Georgia. May you get well soon!

Archived