Mariner street party

We have late dinner on our upcoming Mariner cruise. What are we going to miss not attending the street party on the first night, which goes from 8:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. We have kids, one younger. Thanks!

Are you referring to the 1st nights parade down the Royal Promenade? Normally this is done at 11pm or 11:30pm. If this is what you're referring to then you won't miss it. Street "trade fairs" are nothing but vendors out selling stuff, wine tastings/liquoir tastings, stuff like that. Your kids will enjoy the parades. Enjoy!

We were on the Mariner in Dec and the street party you are asking about is the vendor party (if you would call it that) starts about noon and runs til about a hour before you sail. The kids parade if I recall is on the 2nd day in the afternoon. The street party you should not miss is on Tues night at 10:30 ! This is very well the most fun night on the ship ! Bob:)

Thank you for the comments. Sounds like the "street party" is the vendors' selling. I can do without that, but will definately go to the parade later. Again, thanks for the input. I want to make sure that the kids see the parades.

I want to make sure that the kids see the parades.

Here's a hint for watching the parades on the Mariner. Stand towards the aft end of the Royal Promenade, near the General Store. This area doesn't get as crowded as around Cafe Promenade. Plus you get a better view of the parade coming down the Royal Promenade.

Have a great cruise!

Archived